How to period. Male POV

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I'm just here cause Taunto personally invited me.

tumblr_m5htir5M0Z1r0bk8io1_r3_400.gif

Go clean your office.
    Thank you. I need someone whose not afraid to hold me accountable.

:smooched: You can come back to play after you're done doing your big girl stuff.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm just here cause Taunto personally invited me.

tumblr_m5htir5M0Z1r0bk8io1_r3_400.gif

Go clean your office.
    Thank you. I need someone whose not afraid to hold me accountable.

:smooched: You can come back to play after you're done doing your big girl stuff.

big girl stuff. Isn't that what this thread is about?
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Spot on. Well done!
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, Taunto :drinker:
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Good post. I found it pretty funny, on the flip side I can see why some women would be irritated by it. Not to say it wasn't well written and insightful :-) I've been menstruating for 15 years (yes, i'm 24 and unlucky enough to start at 9) Maybe because I started so early I missed out on the cultural idea of PMS, but i never found it an issue..the cramps on the other hand.. So many days missed at school because I couldn't sit up in bed. Since I started on the pill to cure the weeks of bleeding (yup..it just kept going for an indeterminate length of time - always over 7 days) I've been more aware of the chocolate craving which I never had before..wine is a given, just look at my diary :P The emotional thing..never bothered me till I broke up with my bf 3 months ago..for the intervening periods I've cried like I was leaking the Niagara falls every month..just varies I guess!
  • kosuke081
    kosuke081 Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow. There are Doctors practicing in the OB/GYN, pelvic pain, and oncology fields and there are women here saying they're not qualified because of body parts?

Tonto, you have it right.

And for the women that don't like it, this is in the "chit-chat, fun, and games" section, if you're not having fun, you don't need to post. It's ok to disagree with someone. I promise the world won't explode because someone anonymously posted a joke on the internet.

:devil:
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good post. I found it pretty funny, on the flip side I can see why some women would be irritated by it. Not to say it wasn't well written and insightful :-) I've been menstruating for 15 years (yes, i'm 24 and unlucky enough to start at 9) Maybe because I started so early I missed out on the cultural idea of PMS, but i never found it an issue..the cramps on the other hand.. So many days missed at school because I couldn't sit up in bed. Since I started on the pill to cure the weeks of bleeding (yup..it just kept going for an indeterminate length of time - always over 7 days) I've been more aware of the chocolate craving which I never had before..wine is a given, just look at my diary :P The emotional thing..never bothered me till I broke up with my bf 3 months ago..for the intervening periods I've cried like I was leaking the Niagara falls every month..just varies I guess!

9 !!!! You poor thing !
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Amusing post :)

Instead of offering wine, my husband tells me to go exercise.... :explode:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

9 !!!! You poor thing !

Even as a man I agree. More worried about how a 9 years old would handle it. I have a niece thats 7. That is really scary for me that girls can start as young as 9!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    I know...it was not a particularly pleasant situation...none of my friends started for a good 3/4 years after me. Unfortunately it was/is a family trait, we all started young and had pretty rotten cramps and sickness. I vaguely remember reading research that said the age girls start is lowering...the one thing I do remember being embarrassed about was that I had to sit out some swimming lessons in school because of it ,while everyone else was going and had to tell my teacher why (that wasn't my parents fault - it started unexpectedly but still when I was that young it was intimidating to tell the teacher)

edited due to atrocious spelling :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Add hormonally induced insomnia, headaches and hunger and it's a pretty complete list. :laugh:

I was expecting to to come in and rage, but it's a good post. :drinker:

The hunger CANNOT be forgotten.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You certainly don't speak for all women. I NEVER had the crying. moodiness, bloating, or emotional issues you describe. I had, from age 13 to age 57, only two symptoms; a great deal of blood, and a great deal of pain. On bad days, I had to call in sick, I'd be too doubled-over in agonizing cramps to go to work. My hubby used to listen to PMS jokes and he'd tell me he didn't "get it".....what moodiness? What crying jags? Don't generalize when you don't have a chance in hell of actually understanding.

This ^^^^ also some of us haven't EVER had these symptoms on account of not having the plumbing anymore due to illness at a young age.
  • Lazygal53
    Options
    Nothing kills cramps like a good solid O and I'm not talking Oprah! :drinker:

Believe me, 44 years of personal experience with this, if the cramps are bad enough, the O is not possible. And no man, Taunto heading the list, is qualified to give an opinion on this subject, however he may amuse himself with some fantasy..

I have yet to find a reason to believe people who start their statements with those 2 words. Believe me, I have tried.

Therefore negating your own statement, right? :)

:laugh: :laugh: touche
  • Lazygal53
    Options

9 !!!! You poor thing !

This appears to be an American phenomenon ... supposedly due to the diet here ... not so in the rest of the world ...

Even as a man I agree. More worried about how a 9 years old would handle it. I have a niece thats 7. That is really scary for me that girls can start as young as 9!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options

9 !!!! You poor thing !

Started at 9 too and was alone at my house when I got my first period and nobody had ever told me about all that stuff. Let me tell you how scary that was! :noway:
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Just to point out I'm not American, Irish here - think though the lowering age is definitely due to improved(i.e. more food) diet and health - a symptom of the Western world (predominately)
  • Lazygal53
    Options
    Just to point out I'm not American, Irish here - think though the lowering age is definitely due to improved(i.e. more food) diet and health - a symptom of the Western world (predominately)

It's supposedly due to the predominance of fast food and hormones in meat in the States ... Irish here too ...
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Hahhaha. No, child. You have not mastered the complexities of the final boss yet. You're about mid-way, but kudos for getting this far. The problem with this world is that what women really want during that time is to be peaceful. We just want to be by ourselves listening to calming background music surrounded by fluffy cuddly things that aren't you. (not to mention the acne, bloating--slight weight gain that make us not want to be seen) In fact, you can leave the wine and everything else in the room as a care package, maybe offer a quick hug or cuddle, but get the *kitten* out before you say something. Heck, your breathing still is somewhat of an annoyance. Here's the key: stay out. (unless of course she's horny--then g*d help you.) The grumpiness comes from the fact that the world wants us to do things/hear irritating things during our time, and we don't. We don't want any of that overstimulation that comes from being the bad*sses we normally are--rearin' children, housework, schoolwork, normal work to boot. We just want to take the time to rest and spoil ourselves and completely be separate from whatever the *kitten* else is going on. We lash out at everything since everything does not want us to achieve this goal. This everything will include you even if you are the best boyfriend ever. Then, we feel bad about it. Then we gnash our teeth more because we feel badly. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. You had it right the first time. Just stick to staying behind your shield and weathering the flames with occasional health drops.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Dudes when your lady wants it while Flo is visiting, flip her over and play the back 9.

Am I to understand that at the last Worldwide Man Meeting, it was determined that poop is better than blood?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Ignoring how patronising (and unnecessary) this post is, you forgot "have a lot of sex with your female partner while she's bleeding if she wants to". Some women get really horny, while menstruating.

Dear men: Please keep quiet about biological functions and mental states you have no experience of.

Who wants their bedroom to look like a damn csi investigation?

The guy who wants to get some of the best action he's ever had. That's who.

NOT going to happen if the woman is in so much pain that she can hardly stand upright. I know what I'm talking about here.

That's cool. But I also speak from experience.