You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You remember that Motel 6 meant $6/night.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    When you remember that your TV came from Radio Rentals and your dad spent all his time adjusting the vertical and horizontal hold with a plastic knitting needle.
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Carbon paper and that white liquid to fix the typos.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    When date night consistes of going to the grocery store on senior discount day. That would be Wednesday here, if you're curious.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When you can legally marry someone half your age or younger (not that you want to).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    It's Friday night, and I'm super excited to go to bed early so I can sleep as long as I want and not blow my entire day tomorrow. My fiance asked me if I was 80 years old in my head :blushing:
  • oskybosky4
    oskybosky4 Posts: 62
    Options
    When someone you think is older than you offers to pick up something you dropped on the floor

When you start to say the same things as your mum used to say and the kids say you are turning into grandma

When £8.00 a week was a good wage

When the first house you bought cost £4000 and you thought it was expensive

When you are looking for a new dress for a wedding and start thinking is that style too young for me

When your oldest nephew is about to celebrate his 40th birthday and your 'baby' youngest son is 25.

When your mother is 96 next month and she thinks you are same age as her - bless her

When you fall asleep watching tv in the afternoon

On the other hand having a younger husband, contact with your young adult offspring who try to keep you up to date with new technology, music etc, trying new activities, all help to keep give you a young outlook even if your body doesn't quite match.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You're driving somewhere at 10pm and see some kids walking and find yourself thinking, "What are they doing? Don't they know it's a school night?"

You see a group of teenagers and wonder if they have eating disorders and then realize they're thin because they're young.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    when the only way you know what day of the week it is, by the day on your pill caddy when you take your meds.:sick:
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    Saturday morning tv consisted of Fat Albert, Shazam!, and some goofy apocalyptic show about a six wheeled armored vehicle roaming the land.

Tom Haden showing Popeye, Tom Slick, Super Chicken and George of the Jungle cartoons in between turning squiggles into drawrings.

Looney Tunes, Mighty Mouse, Tom Terrific, Boris and Natasha, Fractured Fairy Tales, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Gumby, Davey and Goliath, and Colonel Bleep from Zero Zero Island.

Might Mouse:

Here I come to save the day!
  • Underworld_Dandy
    Underworld_Dandy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When the barber trims your eyebrows.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    You remember rotary phones and shared party lines, getting a Coke and a candy bar for 25 cents, cars without power steering or power brakes or air conditioning, , , ,
  • jjlibunao
    jjlibunao Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm 42 and I have some co-workers (at the school I teach) that are 24 years old.

I had already graduated from high school when they were born...
  • Overridden
    Overridden Posts: 19
    Options
    When you leave the house to go out at 8, you feel like a rebel.

Ha! At 9 I feel just absolutely James Dean,at 10 I am sleepy and want to go home.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Not only know all the words to Basketball Jones, but can also sing it in falsetto at the appropriate lyric, quote the name of the original singer, the year it came out, and had the album at one time (vinyl).

Take *THAT* you punks !! LOL

:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    You reminisce about Saturday Morning Pictures and The Green Archer which always had a great cliffhanger.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You need a nap, a shower & a cup of coffee before a night out on the town.

Then you come back at 1am.

You too?
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You're in a nightclub and the music is so loud you have to go home :huh:
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    You vaguely remember, or maybe only think you remember, when Jane Fonda was an antiwar protestor, and criticized for her ignorance.

You remember when Jane Fonda and her wanna-be chorus line member outfits were all the rage.

You remember when Jane Fonda said that no one in this culture is completely comfortable with her or his body.

You remember when Jane Fonda was praised for her response to the Vietnam War.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    You remember when:

Thailand was Siam;
    The Czech Republic was Czechoslovakia;
    Taiwan was Formosa;
    Sri Lanka was Ceylon;
    Yugoslavia existed; as earlier did
    The Austro-Hungarian Empire.*

*j/k