Your biggest binge EVER?

Options

Replies

• verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Some people are misunderstanding the term "binge". Binging is medical disorder. One I suffer with. It is the mark of an ED. Having an outrageously large meal or simply feeling "guilty" for going over calories does not constitute a binge, just lack of good judgement. Their are neurological problems associated with an ED.

Just thought I'd say this. I see this a lot, and being someone with an ED, it can be a tad tiresome. I'm not mad or offended, but just saying because I do have some friends on here that understand what a true 'binge' is like. It is far more awful that just feeling bad that you over ate.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS. I've been on a few year long struggle with anorexia and when I got really bad I wouldn't eat for days at a time and then polish of 5 bags of cookies in one sitting.
    Another thing is when people call things "trigger foods" its not a trigger food unless you have an eating disorder.

This. A binge is when you cannot control yourself and are unable to stop eating- you don't even feel like eating anymore.

A binge is when you throw up afterwards, or when you aren't even hungry but feel like you're panicking because you can't find the "right" thing to eat and your body isn't going to let your relax until you eat the "right" thing but you don't know what it is and you're uncomfortably full but cannot stop your brain from telling you you need to eat more.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The one I can remember was a couple of years ago. I ate 3/4 of a medium pizza, and then an entire order of the cinnamon bread with icing that you dip the bread into. I could not stop eating it. Until it was gone. It was close to 1,000 calories just for the dessert. I was sick and bloated for 2 days. I don't have a binge eating problem, but I did have a serious carb & sugar addiction.
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I ate ten tacos at one sitting. It was delicious at the time, but I wanted to die the next morning.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wowsers, that outdoes my worst binges when in the throes of my bulimia.
    Sounds tasty, though.

It was! Typing everything made me want to go out and buy some of that stuff again XD! My brother calls me a remorseless eating machine and a black hole XP. I've just always loved to eat, and when I get in that zone, I'm able to eat nonstop all day ><.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Mongolian Grill. All you can eat, and I can kinda-sorta control the macros? PUT IT IN MY MOUF! By rough estimate, it was a protein and garlic intensive 3k plus binge, but it was worth it for sanity's sake.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    During my worst eating disorder days... an entire frozen pizza, a pint of Ben and Jerry's and some extras here and there. Ugh, never again.
  • fitnessfromfreedom
    Options
    Thank you for saying this, I completely agree with you and I really wanted to say something as well. I struggle with Bulimia and the way some people are talking about "binging"on the website here kind of makes me sick to hear about it. It's not just eating a lot of yummy food and then feeling sick because you ate too much and maybe a little bad - then gettin back on track.

Binging is mental torture, physical toruture, self esteem torture and at the same time a comfort, which is the only thing that brings me back, and the addiction of it - which is such a strong hold. Please keep speaking your mind because it's greatly appreciated among those who struggle with EDs.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of bad stuff go down when I was little and I ended up really actingout in my preteens years. I remember binge eating a lot. eating til I threw up. Having a box of cookies in a sitting regularly.
    I kind of wanted to be fat.

Then I went on the opposite end of the scale and decided being fat sucked. So I went on a starvation diet for a summer and lost it all. (iirc I was eating half a peanut butter sandwich a day light on the peanut butter)

I managed to keep my weight pretty much under control for the next 20 years until I broke my ankle a few years ago and gained a ton of weight in the ensuing years of lessened mobility.

I haven't had a binge inthe medical sense of the word since I was a pre teen.. But I have had some massive meals every now and again. but the last super meal I can recall that was beyond reasonable was when I got married. we had a 7 course dinner at an high end english style indian restaurant with alcohol at every course. I thought I was going to burst.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have easily polished off a bag of Chips Ahoy Choco Fudge cookies in 10 minutes. That's 1800 calories on top of my regular food. It happened when I was sick in bed with mono. Having an overwhelming sick feeling in my stomach - and a headache from the sugar high - helped to compete with the discomfort I had during the acute (fever) stage, which lasted over a week. I didn't even enjoy any of the food I ate - the visceral act of chewing something offered a sensation that competed with the overwhelming malaise and fatigue I had from the virus.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    1. chocolate cake shake
    2. double bacon cheeseburger
    3. small fries
    all from portillos. Rounded out to be about 3,200 calories. Wouldn't say it was a binge, just a cheat day.
  • mspasdechat
    mspasdechat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Entire box of cereal, muffins, apple crisp, banana and peanut butter, bagels, pasta salad, Pringles, ice cream, chocolate chips, fig bars:: nearly vomit, continue to eat, drink a lot of water, sleep it off, feel awful, feel like a failure, starve for a few days, repeat, life is an endless black abyss
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    After my exams finished I partied for 3 days, I was literally not sober, and so ate junk food 3 times a day as well lol. It's hard to remember calories since I was drunk, but it was probably about 3000- 4000 cals a day including the alcohol! Man it was fun, I probably wouldn't repeat it though. I felt like crap for about a week afterwards. Lol.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    *heavy sigh*

3 bags of lays chips, different flavors.
    2 cream cheese stuffed waffles
    1/2 a box of captain crunch with milk
    2 granola bars
    4-6 liters of pop(this was back when I drank pop constantly, I usually drank about 3 2liter bottles a day)

All that, + Dinner, which what my mom makes for dinner usually consists of a big piece of meat and 2 cups of vegetables.

All this, in an hour. And I would do that, for... a long time. just, every few days, while eating 'normally' in between. That went on, for... years. I grew up a binge type eater, just bags of chips a day, liters of pop, and food, food, food.
  • kzakian
    kzakian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have never been much of a binge eater. However, about a month ago I was taking my final exams. I ate:

1 large pepperoni pizza
    1 bottle of coke
    1 sharing bag of doritos
    6 rice crispy treats
    6 fruit roll-ups
    4 chocolate pudding cups
    1 red bull

I was feeling so sick from the junk food that the next day I joined MFP and haven't looked back since.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    one french baguette (the ones that are about a meter / 3 feet long)
    a whole triangle brie
    a whole packet of sliced chorizo
    a liter of tropical juice
    a sharing bag of tortilla chips
    a jar of salsa

This was my last one about two years ago. I've probably done worse before, though.
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm not really sure why some people with eating disorders are freaking out over the term "binge", as having suffered from a whole host of those issues, I find it perfectly acceptable for anyone to use. I would guarantee that a majority of people on this site suffer from some form of an undiagnosed eating disorder. And I'm pretty sure that most people that have a serious binge (not just talking about eating a half pint of Ben and Jerry's) feel pretty darn guilty about it when all is said and done.

That being said. I have been on here (this time around, for 4 months) and for the first time since I started, I actually began to plan a binge in my head last night. I continued thinking about it this morning, but am happy to say I made it through grocery shopping without purchasing anything I was considering. I am currently eating my usual breakfast, and am pretty confident I will make it through the day without issue.

Yay for a NSV!!
  • clockworkgeisha
    clockworkgeisha Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I could inspire fear in the hearts of Chinese restaurant owners doing 'all you can eat' deals, once upon a time... I don't think anyone believed how much duck one person could put away!

But since being on MFP, I think probably my biggest overeat was yesterday. I'd been out drinking the night before for the first time since March, and I was hungover, and achey from all the crazy shapes I'd been throwing on the dance floor... I had:

2 Plain white tortilla wraps (yup, no filling, weird I know)
    half a bag of jumbo honey roasted cashew nuts
    A full English breakfast from a greasy spoon (the kind where they deepfry the sausage and everything)
    half a pack of Oreo's
    Lamb rogan josh, pilau rice, bombay potatoes and a keema naan.

Yesterday I ate nearly 4000 calories and they all tasted AMAZING. Needless to say, I'm totally back with chicken and salad today though, ha ha!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I used to binge a lot, and they were generally all day binges, not just one sitting binges. Prepare to be appalled by one of the many binges:
    -Two toaster strudels
    -A gallon of homemade cookies & cream ice cream
    -Two peanut butter cupcakes in a jar (from wickedgoodcupcakes.com)
    -Three boxes of girl scout cookies (one was samoa, and two were tagalongs)
    -Three slices of cheese pizza
    -10 chocolate truffles
    -A dozen of lofthouse frosted sugar cookies
    -Twelve hershey's kisses
    -Fourteen regular sized Reese's cups
    -One love it sized creation at Cold Stone Creamery
    -Burger king chocolate sundae

I really hope I'm not forgetting anything, but I don't think I am...
    As you can see, I could really pack a lot of food in, it's quite embarrassing.
    Luckily I haven't had a crazy large binge like this since Halloween, but I have had smaller binges (such as a pint of ice cream and a few cupcakes and pop tarts, or a venti frappuccino with two cupcakes in a jar, but luckily I was able to stop myself after one sitting).
    I'm so thankful I've managed to maintain a normal weight through all of this; whenever you binge, it's important not to give up on yourself, because although it may seem irreversible at the time, you can undo the damage with dedication and healthy eating. :) I have faith in all of you!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    One of my huge meals ever might have been:

3 entree, 1 side from Panda Express
    1 large tray of premade japchae
    10 medium vegetable mandoo
    2 sesame daifuku
    2 melon pan
    1 yakisoba pan
    1 korokke pan
    1 anpan
    1 beef curry pan
    1 small Mont Blanc cake
    1 small princess cake
    1 small raspberry cheesecake
    1 pistachio mousse
    3 creme-filled mochi, different flavors
    1 Belgian waffle
    1 raspberry creme French tart
    1 sweet potato croquette
    1 sesame tapioca bread
    2 glazed donuts
    1 eclair
    Potato wedges
    Onion rings
    1 pint green tea ice cream
    12 ounces frozen yogurt
    1 okonomiyaki
    1 Japanese custard pudding
    1 California roll
    1 Oishi roll
    1 Berkeley roll
    1 crazy horse roll
    6 takoyaki
    2 onigiri
    4 French macarons
    2 large green tea and red velvet Rice Krispie treats
    4 lychee, green tea, and pistachio mochi ice cream
    2 yomogi
    3 bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with milk
    1 hamburger animal-style from In n' Out
    Fries animal-style

My stomach was swollen for days =<

Edit: forgot to put in the snacks, I just put in the main stuff. I also had 2 or 3 boxes of Pocky and a couple of boxes of Hello Panda with a few packets of senbei and some candy XP.

Loveeeeee Pocky and Hello Panda!!! Childhood favorites!! (Also current favorites too :drinker: )
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    One day in high school I came home after a rough day and prepared 3 packages of Ramen noodles, 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, a sleeve of Oreo cookies, half a box of Triscuits, and 8 Pilsbury flaky biscuits. Didn't even feel bad about it, I legitimately didn't realize how much I was eating. It's amazing I didn't break 200 lbs.