So I have this MFP friend...

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    More for you then, and you might as well put some devil weed on it too, because fruit does not need cheese funkin' up the place!

I will take my cheese and grape grilled cheese sandwich:

Grilled_Fontina_Cheese_Grapes_Ciabatta_blog.jpg

and wish you a good day, madam.

Good day I say!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    No tomato on grilled cheese. Dipping in ketchup is okay, but putting ACTUAL tomato on a grilled cheese is an abomination.

You're legit.
    Too legit to quit.

You can put anything you want in a sandwich and make it delicious. If you want to call that sandwich a "grilled cheese" you must put only cheese in that sandwich.

There were meetings. It was decreed.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Tomato on a grilled cheese is unacceptable. Add tomato and a fresh basil leaf to it. You'll thank me later but your welcome now.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    No tomato on grilled cheese. Dipping in ketchup is okay, but putting ACTUAL tomato on a grilled cheese is an abomination.

You're legit.
    Too legit to quit.

You can put anything you want in a sandwich and make it delicious. If you want to call that sandwich a "grilled cheese" you must put only cheese in that sandwich.

It is known.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

You're legit.
    Too legit to quit.

Thank you for supporting us.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I see a trend of hate in the world of food with this processed cheese product and processed boxed frozen toasts! and no other mentions of wine reductions! blasphemy!

where is the love?

Part of the beauty of a grilled cheese is its simplicity. Doing a wine reduction is overkill.

In for backpedalling. It seems the Icarus of grilled cheese has flown a little too close to the sun, and his cheese wings are melting. Now do you understand why we wanted a line drawn?
    Holy Cheezus you are funny! Grilled Cheese Icarus...:laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Tomato on a grilled cheese is unacceptable. Add tomato and a fresh basil leaf to it. You'll thank me later but your welcome now.

That is NOT a grilled cheese.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    More for you then, and you might as well put some devil weed on it too, because fruit does not need cheese funkin' up the place!

I will take my cheese and grape grilled cheese sandwich:

Grilled_Fontina_Cheese_Grapes_Ciabatta_blog.jpg

and wish you a good day, madam.

Good day I say!

I'm fascinated.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

I only do raw tomato. It heats up nicely during the grilling process, just slice them thin. :)

For sure, that would definitely work.

Lots of fruit, like pear for example, goes well with cheese so I don't know why tomatoes seem so strange...
    No.

Looooool - you're missing out. Pear and gouda go well together and the cooking causes the sugars in the pear to caramelise a little...

2012-01-11_PearPanini.jpg
    Gouda is my favorite cheese.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    I see a trend of hate in the world of food with this processed cheese product and processed boxed frozen toasts! and no other mentions of wine reductions! blasphemy!

where is the love?

Part of the beauty of a grilled cheese is its simplicity. Doing a wine reduction is overkill.

In for backpedalling. It seems the Icarus of grilled cheese has flown a little too close to the sun, and his cheese wings are melting. Now do you understand why we wanted a line drawn?
    Holy Cheezus you are funny! Grilled Cheese Icarus...:laugh:

Surprisingly, there aren't a lot of grilled cheese references from which to choose, so I had to get creative.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    lol @ all the people trying to fancy up a grilled cheese by using french words and silly breads.

this is 'murica.

white bread, american cheese, butter.

go choke on your uppity 5-star crap.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    We gotta WHOLLLLLE restaurant here dedicated to the art of the grilled cheese sandwich.

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/menu/

Yessssss!

And I prefer my grilled cheese in a Monte Cristo style or on Texas toast with cheddar, romas and some fatty slabs of bacon.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know about putting tomatoes ON the grilled cheese, but a side of tomato-basil soup is EXCELLENT!
    You mean tomato-cat pee soup?

What? :noway: you don't like basil??? I guess you wouldn't like a little pesto on that grilled cheese either then?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Cheese and bread cooked in butter on a flat skillet = grilled cheese.

Everything else = panini

I, too, was at that meeting. It was decreed.

Don't argue.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

That is NOT a grilled cheese.
    Correct. It may be a delicious sandwich - one I would thoroughly enjoy, in fact. But it is not a grilled cheese.

At least according to the Global Sandwich Naming Board.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Bread
    Cheese

That's what's on a grilled cheese.
    It's not called a grilled tomato/cheese sandwich.

I agree with your friend, seems like a smart guy! Ladies should be flocking to him..

Bread and cheese. My kind of man.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    de-friending him is the only obvious choice. that goes for any person who doesn't like tomato. I LOVE TOMATO. om nom nom.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    go choke on your uppity 5-star crap.

No.

I will choke...with style.

tumblr_mgieev793z1qicb4bo1_500.gif
  • keets502
    keets502 Posts: 34
    Options
    http://www.lilcheezers.com/

All day everyday, any which way. Done.
  • jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah? And a cheeseburger has other stuff on it as well, doesn't make it a cheese/lettuce/tomatoburger.

That would be a cheeseburger with toppings. If a cheeseburger was offered to me at a party, and it came with relish, onions, tomatoes, or mustard on it, it would go in the garbage. Most people want to choose what toppings go on their burger.

However, if a cheese/lettuce/tomatoburger was offered to me and awkwardly explained, then I would reply that I only want a cheese/lettuceburger please.