So I have this MFP friend...

Options

Replies

• jdenig
    jdenig Posts: 26
    Options
    There is a restaurant somewhere that adds all kinds of combos to their sandwiches...and they are all called grilled cheese and there are many more strange combos than adding tomato. I've never done that, but I think I might! Sounds pretty good!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    if you put more than cheese on a grilled CHEESE sandwich...isn't it just a hot sandwich at that point? I like grilled cheese with just cheese...I DO however like hot sandwiched with melted cheese and other stuff like ham or bacon etc. If you ask me for a grilled cheese you are gonna get bread and cheese...if you want something else on it you better specify....grilled cheese with ...... whatever.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I really want a grilled cheese sandwich now!
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Do they dip it in ketchup or tomato soup? I thought that was pretty standard with grilled cheese.

No, just no.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I really want a grilled cheese sandwich now!

I want a panini apparently
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

pizza recipe: you're dong it WRONG

bread =/= pizza crust
    tomato =/= pizza sauce
    kraft singles=/= mozzarella.

You're just all kinds of wrong......
    And what about those asenheimers that put stuff on a flatbread with no pizza sauce and have the nerve to call it pizza! Hello! Where's my gosh-dang pizza?!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese with tomato, bacon, and mayo is even better ;)
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese with tomato, bacon, and mayo is even better ;)

*shakes head*

That's not grilled cheese.

That's a tomato sandwich with bacon/cheese/mayo
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what some folks try to pass off as a "grilled cheese" these days.....

http://www.grilledcheesesocial.com/

IMG_2295.JPG
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yeah? And a cheeseburger has other stuff on it as well, doesn't make it a cheese/lettuce/tomatoburger.
    there isnt no lettuce on cheese burgers, only unwanted pickle and onion
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    With tomato and pickles
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the people you hang out with.
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love a grilled cheese with pretty much anything. Particularly Swiss on sourdough with grilled mushrooms and onions. Mmm.

The husband uses mayonnaise on the outside of the bread, instead of the butter that I use. I've never understood this and think its gross.

You should check out a restuarunt we have around the Cincinnati area called "Tom + Chee" -- and be jealous. They serve nothing but grilled cheese and tomato soup. I ordered a salad once, trying to mind calories -- it came with a grilled cheese sliced up into bits as the "croutons". I love that place. If nothing else, you can view their menu for grilled cheese ideas! :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the people you hang out with.

Tell me about it. Total degenerate.
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    tomandchee.com , btw. :)
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Mmmmm....I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches. I love them with just bread, cheese, and butter. I love them with bacon. I love them with mustard and onions. I love serving them with tomato soup. I love serving them with pea soup. I just LOVE them!!! But if you put a tomato on it...it also has to have a hamburger patty with it. LOL!!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    "Agreed. Also, while we're at it, cheese does not belong on a BLT. There is no "c".
    [/quote]" (Quoted from another post)

LOL...that is why we call it a BLTCA...bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and avocado!!! It is to die for!!! Mmmmm...I'm hungry!
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We call that a cheese tomato toastie in Australia. It is definitely NOT called a Grilled cheese sandwich if you stick a tomato in it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    We call that a cheese tomato toastie in Australia. It is definitely NOT called a Grilled cheese sandwich if you stick a tomato in it.

That is it. Now I can never trust an Australian.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Pickles!!!!