17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    For all the people that say this "diet" is BS, I disagree. Some people need the strict schedule to help them get started into a "healthy lifestyle" of eating. This "diet" does just that! I myself, need strict programs like this to help me get into the routine. Otherwise I screw up royally :-) I am starting this tomorrow!

its really that hard to log calories and eat in a 500 cal deficit????

I mean, its not like we are asking someone to prove Einstein's theory of relativity here or something...

well since you brought it up...

can ya? I was asleep that day in high school :tongue:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 18? Does it involve gaining it all back?

Day 18 = water weight returns + MFP thread post "why did I gain it all back = epic failure
  • ndj1979
    Options
    For all the people that say this "diet" is BS, I disagree. Some people need the strict schedule to help them get started into a "healthy lifestyle" of eating. This "diet" does just that! I myself, need strict programs like this to help me get into the routine. Otherwise I screw up royally :-) I am starting this tomorrow!

its really that hard to log calories and eat in a 500 cal deficit????

I mean, its not like we are asking someone to prove Einstein's theory of relativity here or something...

well since you brought it up...

can ya? I was asleep that day in high school :tongue:

sure just let me drink some raspberry ketones, do a master cleanse, and stand on my head for a week, and I will get right back to you :)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 365 Day Diet.

I eat what I want as long as I adhere to my calorie goals.
    Meal planning is easy.
    I don't starve myself.
    Sometimes I exercise. Sometimes not.
    I don't get bored.
    I lose weight.
    As long as I watch my calories, said weight loss is sustainable.
    I feel happy.

:drinker:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I'm on the 365 Day Diet.

I don't starve myself.
    I don't get bored.
    I lose weight.
    I feel happy.

oh that is a ticket to failure..

the only way to lose weight is with a super restrictive diet that cleanses your system, does not allow you to eat carbs after two pm, and only allows you to eat sugar that comes from fruit...
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Do not eat any fruit after 2pm. Fruit is a carb. If you eat carbs in the evening it’s harder for the body to burn them off bc you expend less energy in the evening. Those carbs may be stored as fat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh dear, go read and understand about physiology and what the body does with food and it's thermic effect.

If this helps you learn to undersand and begin to repair your relationship with food fine but it's not a magic solution it's not sustainable alas why it only lasts 17days, a manageable calorie deficit, and moderate exercise is the only way to truly lose fat notice how i said fat and not weight. a diet consisting of all food groups (except those you may be intolerant to) is the only way to sustain weight loss and be happy unless you enjoy restricting your calories and felling tired and miserable

doing diets like this is fine If you want to lose 'weight' don't worry you will but itl be mostly water weight and lean muscle, if you're lucky a small percentage of it could be fat but don't hold your breath plans like this will make you rebound and probably heavier as t is easier to store fat than muscle and when that muscle is gone you have room to sore fat when you start eating 'normally' again
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 365 Day Diet.

Meal planning is easy.
    I don't starve myself.
    I don't get bored.
    I lose weight.
    As long as I watch my calories, said weight loss is sustainable.
    I feel happy.

ku-medium.gif
  • kilverstone
    kilverstone Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have tried the diet and it did work for me, for awhile. I was bad about sticking to it unfortunately. As with any "diet" I was looking for something quick and while it did work for awhile, it's more about changing your lifestyle, not just your diet but your patterns and relationship with food. I am not against following a diet plan by any means but it should be balanced, nutritious and in line with your overall health and lifestyle goals.
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow people thanks for the support...sorry it didn't' work for some people. Sorry you think your way is the best way...read the book.!!!!!

I am a nurse I am 50 and I am active...AND I feel great, I am not dehydrated, because the strictness of this has help me to focus on really good healthy food and habits. I am getting my proper servings of low fat lean protein, dairy , If you know anything about anything you would not condemn, what you have not investigated. And for some FRUIT IS NOT WHITE PROCESSED SUGAR and I have had fruits and didn't restrict it to 2pm and OMG I had a beer or 2 on the weekends when out with friends.

In case your interested..I am doing Beach Body WorkOUTs, Biking 40 miles a day in September from MD to Washington DC and biking now to train. Doing a 5 k next week and doing the LiveStrong Challenge in August...

So Tomorrow I am starting Cycle 2 of the next 17 days.. I am excited to see how adding 21/2 cup servings of good healthy Grains and not white flour products to my diet every other day will make my body more efficient.

So all that being said wish me well, instead of all this sudden surge of negative behavior, on something YOU don't think will work

NEW goal is 5 lbs in the next cycle of the 17 day diet FRUITS, VEGGIES, LEAN MEAT, PROBIOTICS and WHOLE GRAINS are not a fad diet

AND THANKS for the positive thoughts and join me as I start Cycle 2 tomorrow...:)
  • icandoit63
    Options
    What happens on day 18? Does it involve gaining it all back?

Day 18 = water weight returns + MFP thread post "why did I gain it all back = epic failure

Day 18 becomes day 1 of a new cycle. and you add different foods. Is really a way to focus on your diet 17 days at a time. adding new things. The book is really good if you are into physiology. Thanks for the encouragement...we can be friends if you want to watch my progress. I have a 5 k next week and a 1o k for the Livestrong foundation My (7th) Biking 180 miles in 4 days My bf just survived throat cancer and couldn't eat for months. I gained 10 lbs in the process and now I am concentrating on my diet 17 days at a time...Thanks
  • icandoit63
    Options

GREAT I am day 1 of cycle 2 tomorrow!!
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I prefer the 16 day diet, it is quicker
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I prefer the 16 day diet, it is quicker

this.

plus its an even number and scientifically things that cycle in multiples of 2 are far more successful.

if you integrate the "IT WORKS!" wraps into this diet (also on even days), the loss will be compounded.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I was sorry that I wasted my money on this book. It unnecessarily complicates a simple thing; ie eating healthy food. For me "healthy" means lots of fat, moderate protein and very low carb. I do not do well on "lean" proteins, but it may be ok for other people. I don't think that this diet is necessarily unhealthy but it is far too low in fat for my personal needs. And I think the cycles and lists of specific foods are just ridiculous. Why can't I have beef instead of chicken any time I want? Answer: I can.

(Shame on Dr. Phil for endorsing this specific program instead of something generic and much simpler.)

I get told that my diet based on minimally processed animals and veggies is a "fad diet"; I'm getting sick of seeing that phrase thrown around, but in this case it just might be accurate.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    The more I read and understand about food and the lifestyle choices I make everyday in regards to food and exercise the more these kind of 'Diets' annoy me.

HOWEVER - that's just me. If it works/ed for you that's great.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    The more I read and understand about food and the lifestyle choices I make everyday in regards to food and exercise the more these kind of 'Diets' annoy me.

HOWEVER - that's just me. If it works/ed for you that's great.

Thank you ....is just funny to me that nobody has said much on this page until I posted I lost 7 lbs..then I come home from work and see there is a page and a half just from today mostly negative. I am so happy today to get to 17 so I can start a new cycle add some beans to my diet and grains. not cake and pie LOL I love to cook and eat primarily vegetarian.

I guess I just don't tend to put negative stuff on people's site. to each is own and I am eating healthy :) and more water than I used to..
  • verocorreasantander
    Options
    People think that to lose weight you need to stop eating and to exercise a lot. However, I’d like to recommend to you an innovative and effective system. This is the website: www.fatlose.org
  • nastycivilian
    nastycivilian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a quick weight loss solution then I HIGHLY recommend this "diet". It truly does work. I only did one round of the accelerated phase because I didn't have much weight to lose & I lost what I wanted too lose.
    Had I continued the entire 3 phases I know I would have definitely lost more... I actually recommend this diet (I have the book explaining how it works & the cookbook that goes with it) & I've loaned it out to a few people because I think it works that well.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    People think that to lose weight you need to stop eating and to exercise a lot. However, I’d like to recommend to you an innovative and effective system. This is the website: www.fatlose.org

has anyone ever lost weight eating more than they burn and moving less???
  • icandoit63
    Options
    If you're looking for a quick weight loss solution then I HIGHLY recommend this "diet". It truly does work. I only did one round of the accelerated phase because I didn't have much weight to lose & I lost what I wanted too lose.
    Had I continued the entire 3 phases I know I would have definitely lost more... I actually recommend this diet (I have the book explaining how it works & the cookbook that goes with it) & I've loaned it out to a few people because I think it works that well.

IS a great learning process....5-10 more lbs to remove from my body, so I don't have too much either