Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nerd checking in here :-) Now, back to league of legends...

Feel free to add me. Gamer girl, big into the quantified self movement, science geek extraordinaire. Also, german style board games... doesn't get much worse.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Nerd here as well....Anime is my thing and so are RPG's, not the online ones, but the classic old school ones and similar. I just got my first computer this year that can handle graphics of newer games.

Games and Genre I like include: Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon, and anything Suare Enix (formerly known as Squaresoft)

Recently got into working out again after not doing it in forever, making great progress, add me if ya wanna motivate each other
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know if I classify as nerd...maybe almost nerd? or sort of nerd? but I'm heading to Comic-con this year, so I'm trying to nerd-up a little more :)
  • nmuwildcat
    nmuwildcat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love nerds... and consider myself one as well!!! I am quite the fascinating girl. lol!
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know if I classify as nerd...maybe almost nerd? or sort of nerd? but I'm heading to Comic-con this year, so I'm trying to nerd-up a little more :)

I'm assuming you don't mean SDCC since that was *last* weekend... :tongue:
  • nelgb
    nelgb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    nerd here! lmao at watching The Big Bang Theory, playing guitar hero, and reading books.
  • Miss_Maree
    Miss_Maree Posts: 33
    Options
    Yay! More nerds!

I like videogames (all consoles and PC), 90s cartoons, popculture, subculture, conventions and gatherings of all kinds... artsy stuff...

Sorry for the vagueness, but anyone is free to add me if they please based on this little blurb! =D
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am the biggest Star-Wars geek of all time, yes I have seen the original trilogy close to 100 times in my life span... I am a pc gamer, have too much time on me hands so if ye like dark humor and offensive non-conservative posts. Add me! :D If you watch fox-news your request shall be denied...

sarah+palin+gif.gif

Need I say more?
  • Madamlovejoy
    Madamlovejoy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If your mother refers to you and your husband as "Leonard and Penny," and you can explain all of the meanings and plot lines to Mario, and your husband gets a little giddy over the next avengers sequel - does this classify as nerd status?? If so, sign me up! Supporters wanted!!
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Me too!!
    Love fantasy novels, anime, manga, Tera Online, used to play WoW and I'm just starting to get into Steam. Grew up on Nintendo ( YAY Zelda!!) and have dabbled in PS3 (I love me some Final Fantasy!).
    I also cross stitch for a hobby and my stitches are always video game related. I've done a lot of Portal, some Mario, some Zelda and I'm currently working on some Okamiden.
    Also! Superhero movies are the best movies. Love the crap outta Dark Knight, Iron Man and Avengers, cant wait for Avengers 2!!
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I've always classified myself as a "fangirl" but I suppose nerd works as well... The first charm my husband got me on my new charm bracelet was a book, lol. I read so obsessively I even read on the phone at work as people are talking to me. I also have the ability to become completely obsessed with the odd video game here and there but it is quite random and usually well spaced out. However I have been told by several people in the past they have never seen anybody go through a level of Super Mario World as perfectly as I can (I think my husband realized I was the one in one particular level when I went through an entire level bouncing off enemy head.) I used to be into anime but haven't gotten into one in awhile but I like cartoons general as well, recently having watched the entire Jem series and gotten into the new My Little Pony and Venture Bros. Also, I can watch dinosaur documentaries every day of my life and be happy with that. Oddly, I'm not too into most movies or shows though.
  • DSeay88
    DSeay88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Gamer geek. RPG's, LARP's, board games, card games, World of Warcraft. Big science fiction and fantasy fan, both in literature and movies. My favorite time of the year is Gen Con, the best four days in gaming!
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Gamer geek. RPG's, LARP's, board games, card games, World of Warcraft. Big science fiction and fantasy fan, both in literature and movies. My favorite time of the year is Gen Con, the best four days in gaming!

I am a *huge* bookworm when it comes to science fiction and fantasy literature - preferably hard science fiction and dark fantasy. I am always looking for new favorite authors, if you have any suggestions. My 'unemployed' reading rate is about two books per day, so right now I'm burning through them like crazy on the days I'm not gaming all day (and then there are the days I do both)... If I could find a way to read during my run without the obvious consequences, I'd do it...
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've always classified myself as a "fangirl" but I suppose nerd works as well... The first charm my husband got me on my new charm bracelet was a book, lol. I read so obsessively I even read on the phone at work as people are talking to me. I also have the ability to become completely obsessed with the odd video game here and there but it is quite random and usually well spaced out. However I have been told by several people in the past they have never seen anybody go through a level of Super Mario World as perfectly as I can (I think my husband realized I was the one in one particular level when I went through an entire level bouncing off enemy head.) I used to be into anime but haven't gotten into one in awhile but I like cartoons general as well, recently having watched the entire Jem series and gotten into the new My Little Pony and Venture Bros. Also, I can watch dinosaur documentaries every day of my life and be happy with that. Oddly, I'm not too into most movies or shows though.

I had to reply to this. I used to impress friends by playing some levels in super Mario world for the Super Nintendo with my eyes closed, perfectly. :) Mario ftw!
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options

I had to reply to this. I used to impress friends by playing some levels in super Mario world for the Super Nintendo with my eyes closed, perfectly. :) Mario ftw!

Omg! Now I have a new goal in life! Heck with all this health stuff I need to hook up the SNES. You must've had a lot of practice at that. I'm seriously jealous. Oddly I'm only good the SNES the other controllers throw me off.
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I listened to dropkick during lunch today at work, friended.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi! General "nerd culture" chick here. Big on pc gaming (Steam now), Star Wars and Batman. I shall add you (:
  • rage032
    rage032 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi my name's Karl.. and I'm a WoW addict. It's been 4 years since I last logged on. I should get some type of badge for that right? :P

....Okay, so I didn't know the steam sale was coming... and I went and bought BioShock - Infinite, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Dark Souls the weekend before they all went on sale. BioShock went for half price during the sale. So yes, my wallet is totally dry atm. Haha!

In any case, massive nerd here. I've had all the consoles at one point or another. I mostly PC game these days though. Love comics, don't get to read them as much as I would like as it's a bit of an effort to get them. Love anime. Full Metal Alchemist would have to be my favorite of all time. Give me anything Sci-Fi, including Star Wars, Star Trek, and let us not forget Firefly.

I'm a Web Developer, so I sit around all day coding as well. If not for tattoos i'd be pretty a stereotypical nerd.
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I read A LOT of comics, less so superhero stuff (but when I do read superhero comics I prefer to get reeeeally old back issues), I'm more into Fantagraphics/Drawn & Quarterly/Top Shelf etc. published books.

I also play A LOT of video games, like... A LOT.

Not so much into films/TV, simply because I don't have the time to watch them!!

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sci-fi and fantasy geek here. I play video games too but not as much as I used to. Mostly single player games since I don't have the time to play MMORPGs like I used to. I also read comic books, attend cons with my most recent being SDCC and I work in IT.