My story: 113 lost

Options

Replies

• MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I do miss the smile from your before picture though. :love:
  • michellelilly68
    Options
    :smile: Wow! What an inspiration you are! Way to go!
    okay, here it goes...

My story:

I was 29 years old and I was almost 300 pounds (295). I had sleep apnea, chest pains, blurred vision, hypertension, shortness in breath, (pre?)-diabetes, what may have been early signs of a heart attack! I was in major denial of my health, I would keep telling myself I just took bad pictures and that I was still in okay shape. I hadn’t weighed myself in years and I would even sometimes avoid looking in mirrors. I even talked myself into believing some of my health problems were due to old age (remember, only 29, lol) or lack of sleep, not weight related. Denial is crazy, yo.

What changed? A random family ‘Biggest Loser’ challenge for 20 bucks made me weigh myself. That challenge made me realize just how far I’d gone from what I wanted to be. Also, several family/friends had lost 30+ pounds, so that was a big encouragement to me.

I lost the weight by simply tracking calories and eating more fruits and vegetables (200 calories of carrots/celery will fill me up much more than 200 calories of bread). I wish I could tell you more of a trick, but really, that's it. I did *try* several other diet plans for a week (juicing, Special K, Slim Fast). They didn’t have any staying power.

Before:
    40dd1082-823b-4c17-b426-84e02f97a672_zpsf5f67f57.jpg?t=1374566444

After:

1005446_10151799939452386_1240019847_n.jpg

In 293 days, I went from wearing 42 and 44 waist pants to 32s and 34s. My BP is down to 89/68. I got rid of my CPAP machine. My weight is now 182. I no longer have headaches or chest pains. Basically all my medical problems went away. I *feel* my (pre)diabetes is under control, but still need to get the test. *fingers crossed*

I hope to lose the last ten(ish) pounds and keep them off through accountability instead of denial. I’m hoping posting my embarrassing story will help me never go back and to see how far I've come!
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I an so thrilled that you had the wisdom to turn things around while you are still very young. Your story brings tears to my eyes, and your photos...wow, your weight loss has allowed your natural great looks to come out.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You're Awesome! Congrats! :drinker:
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    AMAZING
  • itsanatalia
    itsanatalia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Congratulations on all your hard work and your plan to keep it going. Thank you for sharing!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Watching you shrink away physically while expanding in positive sense of self has been amazing. And I'm not just saying that because i'm your mother...

'Momily' was one of my main inspirations. 60 pounds kept off!

And thank you all again for your kind comments.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job and so quickly too, good for you!!
  • Travelle13
    Travelle13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great. Such an inspiration!!! ::bigsmile:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've come so far! Keep it up, you'll shed those last 10 pounds in no time. :)
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    So encouraging! I'm currently mostly just tracking calories. So great to see it works. :happy:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    looking good , congrats to you!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Congratulations!
  • DenverGirl93
    DenverGirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Afrigginmazing! What a transformation! Congrats!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! Way to take control of your life and your health. Best wishes for continued success!
  • Anewcrys
    Anewcrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!
  • angelasmithhenderson
    angelasmithhenderson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    congratulations for taking charge of your life and health! that is awesome
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • freggiegirl
    Options
    Super job, man - good on you! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!