Squats and Big Booties; redux

Options

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I want in on this. I don't know if you see a difference in this side by side, but there has definitely been a lifting for me as well. I can usually tell by how my pants fit, they get looser underneath the butt, but fit better on top, if that makes sense?

I guess you tell the most in these pics by where the bottoms sit on my booty.

p5wftqpl.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    @Runzalot: I can forsure see some smoothing and a little lifting, especially on the outer part of the booty. I actually think my change seems more dramatic because I was overweight to start with so I had a lot of fat to shift. And a lot of it was in my back/butt. I'm hoping for some stomach reduction annnnnyday now.

@Loriana: Your progress pictures are so amazing, and your story is one of the ones that really inspired me to lift to begin with. And your butt is an amazing example of high and tight.

@Zoe: Another fine example of upwards shifting of the butt.

Great to see more ladies showing off those sculpted backsides, and not a bit of bulk to be found.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    So much awesome in one thread!

I don't have pictures I can get away with posting here, but heavy squats have definitely transformed my *kitten*. It's higher, firmer, and cellulite free now.
  • seasidefox
    seasidefox Posts: 11
    Options
    I think you have a great body. Really. I can't even aspire to that kind of firmness you have. I feel like I'm made out of jello when I see solid women like yourself. So it's all a matter of perspective I guess.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Going off go do squats .... Want to grow a BUTT!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    To start with I don't squat with weights..I couldn't even squat my own bodyweight when I started... they were pathetic little half squats.. I'm now getting to the point that I can do a few good form squats with just my bodyweight so I've started using a gallon glass jar of pickles for added weight...It feels REALLY HEAVY for me since I'm already squatting my body weight which is now 250 pounds..

Ok so here is my horribly shaped large and saggy butt..
    7119301_2166.jpg

And here is my slightly less horribly shaped and slightly less saggy butt... The weight loss is definitely responsible for the loss in size, but I think the squats are helping the shape.
    7119301_842.jpg
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    In for squats n big booties!
  • Achrya
    Options
    I think you have a great body. Really. I can't even aspire to that kind of firmness you have. I feel like I'm made out of jello when I see solid women like yourself. So it's all a matter of perspective I guess.

You totally could achieve the 'firmness' I or any of these other ladies have. I, for example, am not small. I mean, I'm short (sigh) but I'm clocking in at 149 pounds. I'm still technically overweight. It is lifting (and squats!) that have made my body look the way it is.

Though, to be totally fair, I might have been a bit more muscular than some women my size to start because of past physical activity. But there is no reason that any woman couldn't put in the work and see the results and I honestly believe that to be true. None of the women in this thread started out looking like they do now, with the amazing butts they have now, but they made it happen.

You can start light, heavy, with just body weight (Body weight squats/exercise can be challenging and there are many ways to make them progressively harder.) You just have to do it.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I still say you look GREAT! I'll try to post some booty shots as well.

I stated my case in the last thread...yes, lifting has made my booty and thighs feel HUGE. But even just by looking at my one month progress photo on my profile you can see they haven't. They've actually gotten the tiniest bit smaller. The shift is what tricks you. I used to have a ton of fat on the inside and outside of my thighs, and fat above and hanging below my booty. Now the fat is shrinking away, but my glutes and quads are giving me a thicker appearance. Pretty much the same weight, just redistributed and firmer. Same pant size, different fit.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Awesome donk OP - and Otter - - WOW! That is fantasstic.
    Too many awesome shots in this thread; lorina, zoe, runzalot

. . . squats work for fellas too.
    5ab9d224-e853-4827-b712-f44c14f02bd6_zps364f13e3.jpg
  • Achrya
    Options

Mmm, a little man butt. Nice!

Also yes, so many fantastic shots! I lost track of them all but I wanna say: They're all amazing. So many different stages of progress and even different ways of getting it done but still showing that A. with work squats can build you a nice booty and B. No one has gotten a weird huge bulky *kitten*.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I still say you look GREAT! I'll try to post some booty shots as well.

I stated my case in the last thread...yes, lifting has made my booty and thighs feel HUGE. But even just by looking at my one month progress photo on my profile you can see they haven't. They've actually gotten the tiniest bit smaller. The shift is what tricks you. I used to have a ton of fat on the inside and outside of my thighs, and fat above and hanging below my booty. Now the fat is shrinking away, but my glutes and quads are giving me a thicker appearance. Pretty much the same weight, just redistributed and firmer. Same pant size, different fit.

It's interesting, I think a bit of it is that your waist is noticeably smaller. Thank god for photos or it would be hard to objectively tell what's changing where.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Hubba hubba!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Anyone who posted picture, you all look amazing!

OP, I think I just developed an internet crush on you. Great post! Thank you for posting this.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    love this
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Chelled,
    Very nice.
    Feel free to post more booty shots anytime!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Anyone who posted picture, you all look amazing!

OP, I think I just developed an internet crush on you. Great post! Thank you for posting this.

:blushing: :smooched:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Lorina - I started lifting after reading one of your threads last September. It changed everything.

Zoe - I can see a difference in your whole physique, you look amazing :heart: :heart:

Chelle - You are so gorgeous! Your gorgeous derrierre only enhances :flowerforyou:

Runzalot - stick with it! From your pics, I can see changes and smoothing out happening. It takes a while, but you won't regret it.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Dayum!

That is a very nice booty ya got there.

^^^ agreed!

^ This.
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    yes, lifting has made my booty and thighs feel HUGE.

I keep telling my husband that it FEELS like my quads are growing and how tempted I am to take new measurements with the tape every.single.time I squat. I have no doubt whatsoever that they're changing shape and not actually growing, lol, but they sure *feel* enormous.

I have a very different body type than most women. I have tiny thighs, chronic case of Noassatall, but a spare tire on the waist. "Apple" or "oval" shape, as they say. Squats are helping with the lift on the glutes, for true. One can hope that eventually all this lifting will also eventually make the spare tire disappear. But hell, even if it doesn't, I finally found something that I really, really dig.