whats yr job and do u love it?

Options

Replies

• orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am a vocational manager for 125 individuals with DD such as Autism, C. Palsy, MR, etc..
    I do love it.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Homeschooling mom of 7. LOVE it!!! Get to stay home and work with my favorite people!!! Great benefits (such as hugs!)
  • yoster28
    yoster28 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a surgical tech, so I work in the operating room and I honestly love my job. So many different personalities from the staff, Doctors, and patients. There is never a dull moment in the operating room.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Professional Slacker - its kinda meh
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Full time - I'm a law student.

Part time - I interned (unpaid) at Housing Court - this internship just ended. I liked aspects of it, but for the most part, I hated it. I guess housing court isnt for me.... onto the next legal field!

Part time - I occasionally intern at a private Matrimonial Firm. i love this a whole lot more! but I cant see me doing matrimonial as a career. unfortunately....

I keep getting told that i still have a lot of time to find out what works for me.... but .... i feel rushed! but thats life :-)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    national mapping and access manager at a logistics\postal firm,

dealing with the various teams and visiting places i have never been before, absolutely love it
    recruiting people struggling to find work and getting them a half decent job (a lot of 18-20yo's), love it

excel and powerpoint, hate it
    constant travels on uk motorways, hate it

Agree with you on the UK Motorways :)
    But i love a bit of excel and PP (sad, i know lol)
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm a licensed clinical social worker and yes I like what I do :smile:
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm a picker in a sporting goods distribution center. The only thing I like about my job is seeing what I want to buy before it goes to the stores.
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    visual effects artist - love it so much even though my industry is imploding right now, I still hope to do it for years to come.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    SAHM, yes I love it. :happy:

I'm very lucky to be able to stay home with my son and raise him myself, rather than pay a daycare to do it for me.

(No shame in full-time working moms, every family has different needs. I was almost one myself.)
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I sell sensors and controls for automated machinery to the machine builders. It's long hours and lots of driving but the applications that I work in make it really interesting so yes, I love it!
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I work in Corporate Security as a glorified CCTV operator:
    I monitor CCTV, Alarm responses for our buildings, and monitor news sources for our customers.

Love the Job
    Hate the Politics
    :(

(Working right now on a night shift... spent 90% of my shift on MFP :happy: )
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    For the past 10 years I've stayed home to raise up my kiddos. I love playing with yarn and fabric and have sold many of the things I've created through a friends shop. In my previous life (before kids) I was in marketing communications which I loved because it was creative and demanding. This September I will attempt to dip my toe back into the work for money world. Scary yet exciting.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    For the past 10 years I've stayed home to raise up my kiddos. I love playing with yarn and fabric and have sold many of the things I've created through a friends shop. In my previous life (before kids) I was in marketing communications which I loved because it was creative and demanding. This September I will attempt to dip my toe back into the work for money world. Scary yet exciting.
    go mum... maybe you could combine the two somehow?
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This thread is really cool. It's inspiring to see how many people have taken the leap of faith and gone into business for themselves.

I have a question for you all. Has anyone made the call of sacrificing salary for passion, and how did you work up the courage to do that?
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Self employed massage therapist and I adore being my own boss and making people feel like a million bucks :love:
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    I'm a former police officer. I did the job for about 10 years before being laid off due to our lovely Florida governor who is anti law enforcement cut state budget . So I'm fighting to get back in but currently i work for John Deere. Loved my old job. It is truly the greatest job in the world. Like the new job but once Cop always a cop
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Structural engineer. I usually enjoy it, but the travel can get obnoxious. I'm currently at the tail end of a four month stint at a nuclear plant to oversee some major design and repair work, and I'm definitely ready to go home.
  • groisamomma
    Options
    Middle School Teacher

I LOVE teaching. I love figuring out ways to get my students involved and learn.

I HATE the politics that go into it. North Carolina just released the education budget and it's amazing to me how we do not invest in our young people. It makes me worry for our future.

So you have the same problems we do! Middle School Math teacher in New Jersey and yes, I worry for the future too:) although I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my job.

We have a fantastic governor though (Go Christie!!!!) and he will yet fix our unions. ALL of them, including the teachers' unions.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Storeman/Forklift driver in a very busy wine production and distribution warehouse
    non stop 9-12 hrs a day (on salary so no overtime rates) very few breaks and love/respect from those making all the money, but i like the people in my department and most of the people at work i get along with and i like working hard/fast makes the days go alot quicker.

Pay wise and Work wise it's 50/50, not enough pay and some of the people are lazy pricks who get away with murder but it's a job that is permanent and no chance of getting fired unless i intentionally try to be.