Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- Great job on the squats and getting back in the pool. I just love swimming, it is a great way to relax and exercise at the same time.

vertigo- Have you thought about preparing a weeks worth of food on the weekend and then packing in freezable container so you can microwave them during the week. I know other people have found that trick to work for them and it gives you more control over your meals.

JT- the deep water class sounds like fun and yeah for more muscle mass.

Susan Congrats on being close to reaching 1 year. You have been making habits that will last for the future.

Kaye- It is very exciting that you are so close to your goal. Keep up the great work.

Welcome to all the new people.

Thursday-Truth- I worked out really hard yesterday and enjoyed every minute of it but I am paying for it today. Yesterday- I had my trainer workout and jogged 1 and 3/4 miles straight (first time), then rowed for 10 minutes with intervals and bike again with intervals. Then I decided to do some weight machines for muscle tone (lat pull down, fly machine and chest press) I think I did something right because today my neck, and lats muscles are sore. Mowed the lawn when I got home and then went rock climbing with a friend last night. Climb the gym walls 4 times up the middle twice another first for me. Today, I took it easy because the muscles are really stiff. Rock climbed again tonight but I stayed on the easier walls and worked on using my legs more than my arms. It felt good to stretch out while climbing. I did not stop moving all day on Thursday.

Tomorrow I will go to the gym and stretch out the muscles some more.

Goals 7-21 to 7-27
    Sunday- Bike- weather permitting (could be storms tonight/tomorrow- hope it breaks the heat) Mall walk DONE
    Monday- Trainer 5K DONE
    Tuesday- Rest or gym GYM DONE cardio (spin bike and ARC trainer)
    Wednesday- Rest DONE
    Thursday- Trainer - may climb in the evening as well with a friend. DONE AND DONE
    Friday- Rock climbing DONE
    Saturday- GYM bike and ARC trainer or running drills
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Friday fitness... well, I called the Yoga place, so that's a good start. I'll be a little more pleased with myself, when I've actually attended :wink: BUT it's a start.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    So, I got my shingles shot and they sent a blood sample off to the lab to test for the hereditary problem, no answer yet, and the doctor wants to mess with my thyroid medicine again to which I can only say....crap. Sorry about the language, but really I don't have enough to stress about, really? Oh yeah and the health care worker walked out on my parents this week so I need to deal with that. :angry: I have to go and pull all my hair out now.......
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome Emily - you've found a great group to make new friends!

Angelika - so sorry for your frustration - ack! altho you did make me chuckle at your last line about going and pulling your hair out!

Naceto - good for calling the yoga place. You'll love it once you start going. Do you know what type of yoga it is? I hope it is not Hot Yoga - that seems cruel and unusual to me. I studied Hatha Yoga for about two years and loved it.

Laurie - you're going slam -bang on the upped exercises - I'm impressed! You'll be doing that triathalon in no time.

I have a lazy day planned with a movie - Red2 - and dinner at a new restaurant tonight with friends. Hope to stay in maintenance mode. I weighed this am and stayed at my weight same as last Saturday - I am proud of myself because of the upset I had this week I could have eaten emotionally and I did not go overboard except for a few calories here and there. So I'm counting it as a victory.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Saturday Success~I stayed the same this week also, but bought two new bras in a smaller size. Found a great sale going on at Kohl's yesterday and got 5% cash back on my credit card - so winner, winner. :bigsmile: I meant to look at some other things while there, but forgot. Today I need to run to Bed, Bath and Beyond for something - with blinders on!!! :laugh:

@Nicole~So proud of you for calling the yoga studio, now to just get through the door the first time. :wink:
    @Robin~Sounds like you have a fun day planned, enjoy.
    @Angelika~I can relate to those times the doc wants to "alter" thyroid meds, ugh! I feel your pain. Sorry for your frustrations lately, hope good things are on the horizon.

Going to be hazy and hot here today, such is life In July. Enjoy your Saturday!
  • Alliern45
    Alliern45 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    After three days of gluttony I am on track so far today. DD's friend had surgery on Thursday to try to remove her brain tumor. It went really well. I am very spiritual although not overly religious (former Catholic) anyway.... The girl (Ill call her C.) C's grandfather has been on hospice care the last month. The day before C's surgery her mom flew to see him. She told him it was OK to go and to take C's tumor with him. Well darn if that neurosurgeon didn't remove most if not ALL of it! She will definitely still need Chemo and Radiation but this is GREAT news! A miracle really. The power of prayer is REAl.
    Anyway, all of this has me thinking...I have so much to be grateful for and so much to live for. WHY do I continue to treat myself so poorly! UGH. It ends today. I am 100% in.
    Thanks for listening.
    Onward.
    Allie
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! :flowerforyou: I missed you all so much!! I've skimmed through posts while on holiday, but admit I didn't read all posts thoroughly. Please forgive me if I missed something along the way.

Welcome to all of the newlings!! :happy: I'm usually on here every day, but have been out of town so hope to get to know you all now that I'm back.

Saturday Success:
    Well, my Switzerland trip was a huge success. The weather was great, my travel companion and I didn't fight or get on each other's nerves, and our hosts were fabulous. I honestly don't have one bad word to utter about the trip. I can't even complain about how expensive everything was b/c we got a free room in Zurich and lots of free or low cost meals b/c we didn't have to dine at restaurants everyday.

Another success is that when I weighed in at home today, my scale read 187. This is not bad considering my weight has been hovering in the 180's for the past few months and I believe I was at 185 when I left. So 2 lbs over a 10-day trip to the land of butter and beer is pretty good IMHO. I know it's also the land of chocolate, but I really didn't eat much chocolate. One guest at our Saturday night cocktail party brought these delicious Sprungli chocolates and I had a few of those, but that was it for candy. I mentioned we also ate ice cream for lunch a couple of times and every meal was carb-heavy, so my goal now that I'm back home is to cut back on sugar and carbs and up my protein levels again.

I missed Friday Fitness, but I need to get back on track with the exercise. I've got the Rugged Maniac next Saturday and a 5k the following Thursday and I haven't run in almost 2 weeks. I think I will also do some more 30 DS since I think that was helping with my core and strength.

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE
    Sun--run outside (w/ gunner) + 30DS
    Mon--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Thurs--run outside (w/ gunner) + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--Rugged Maniac!!!
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    One of these days I'll stick with my intent to check in here daily again. Really.

Nicole, I was so excited to see your posts in my news feed again! (I do check it, but don't often post myself much these days.) Glad to hear things are getting back to "normal" for you.

Karen, sounds like a wonderful vacation, and SO cool that you got to watch the Tour ride through Albertville! Going to France for the Tour is on my hubby's bucket list. He was very disappointed that the campground we were at last week didn't have fast enough wi-fi to stream the last several stages.

To those suffering losses (Robin, CathEsh, etc.) -- I'm so sorry to hear it! Hope the passage of not TOO much time does its work to help you feel better.

Allie, let's hope your daughter's friend recovers quickly and fully. So glad to hear that the surgery went well.

jtconst, kah, Laurie -- MASSAGE is a great thing to look into, too. jtconst, your hip pain is almost certainly deep muscle strain, if moving your opposite leg causes it. I'm now getting a 2-hour massage every other week (with Massage Envy membership, it's the same price I used to pay for 1-hour). My new massage therapist is working with me on the deep gluteal muscles on my R side that have caused what I thought was "hip" pain for over 20 years -- since high school. For once, the pain is gone more often than it's not.

Kita, sounds like you're excited for the new job! Have a great time!

To the teachers: I can't believe it's already getting that close! Yikes! :noway:

Vicki and Doingthisforme: sorry to hear about the boss troubles. Truth is, most people who aren't great bosses don't know it. Like you, they're doing the best they can. It just happens not to be very good. (Though if Vicki's boss is messing with federal regs, there's more going on.) Hope things work out for the best, in both cases. @Doingit4me: is there a person above your own boss that you could go to? Might be necessary, if lots of folks are moving elsewhere because of the work environment.

CelticHippo, sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Never fun to adjust to living with a chronic illness (and MowMow, you are my hero when it comes to that particular issue). Hopefully the meds will work and you will be able to keep the flares to a minimum, down the road.

Robin, can we see a pic with the new 'do? I don't think I've ever seen your hair short!

As for me, my Saturday Success is that I did RING PUSHUPS for the first time in months! Also a series of exercises for my back muscles (mostly lats) with kettlebells, resistance bands, and bodyweight. ALL of which require the use of my arms, albeit with my wrist straight. I have my last appointment with the orthopod on Tuesday, and with the hand OT on Wednesday.... at least, I hope it's the last. I still can't do anything that requires me to apply weight when my hand is flexed, and my range of motion isn't back to full normal. But my pecs and biceps are screaming at me from this week's workouts and I am DAMN happy about it. Feels good to start approaching normalcy again. (For those new or recently back, I broke my left forearm doing jump-spins on roller skates back in May. :embarassed: Got out of the cast almost 5 weeks ago.)

We also had a good time camping last weekend, even though it was quite cool (low 60s and overcast on the Oregon coast) the entire time. Hubby brought our smallest screen and the projector, so we watched outdoor movies at our campsite every night, usually with cousins in tow. Lots of fun. Here in the valley, it's been in the low 90's, with about 25% humidity, most of the week. And people joke about how much rain Oregon gets. They just don't come visit in the summer. :glasses:
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Still struggling but doing a bit better now that watermelon has hit Farmer's Market! I think I could live on watermelon!

Last week I posted that I only had two more weeks until school starts. I realized it was actually three, so I gained a week! NOW I only have two weeks until school starts.

AnnaMW ~ Oh the dreaded task of putting your classroom back together...I will be doing that soon, too! What do you teach? I teach 6th grade special education.

Susan ~ Kudos to you for logging 365 days! What commitment!

Sherrie ~ I love, love, love that you took your three daughters jogging with you! Pretty cool! Enjoy them now...they grow up way too fast!

Naceto ~ You shouldn't feel silly about missing your son. I think it's great because this tells me you have a close relationship with him, and that is awesome!

Kaye ~ Good for you for being so active so quickly after your surgery. Congrats to your daughter for earning her Master's degree. I know how intense that is! I earned my Master's in Ed two years ago. My mom was in a nursing home at the time, and I was trying to visit her every other day plus work on my classes. Glad that's over! Now I'm trying to take 9 hours a year to move over on that pay scale. Ugh! You mentioned Moscow, and that made me homesick! We used to live in Pullman, WA, when my husband was working on his Master's. I grew up in Winchester, only 70 miles from Moscow.

DoingThis~ Wow! You had a rough day with your boss and your boyfriend! Forget about them! Take care of you!

Kita ~ Enjoy your weekends! They will fill up!

Kah ~ Funny you should mention Active Release Therapy. Everyone is always asking me why I limp. I DON'T KNOW WHY I LIMP; I JUST DO! I've had two knee replacements and bunion surgery, and don't have pain except with arthritis in my lower back and feet. I asked my trainer if she would evaluate my gait, and she thinks my pelvis is out of whack and recommended I see a chiropractor. She gave me a name of one that does Active Release Therapy, too. She thinks he can help me with my minor aches, AND I really do want to learn to walk without a limp! I'm calling Monday to make an appointment!

Emily, Superskinnie ~ WELCOME!

Laurie ~ Where in the world do you find the energy?! You make me tired just reading about all the exercise you did! WTG!

Naceto ~ Can't wait to hear how the Yoga went. I'd thought about trying that, but I'm not sure I have the balance for it. :huh:

Angelika ~ Sorry you have to deal with the health care worker leaving and your change in meds. Taking care of parents can be stressful. Been there with my mom, but I miss her and am glad I did all I could.

Robin ~ I can't wait to see your new do! Pictures please!

Allie ~ Great to hear that the brain tumor could be removed. Prayer IS powerful!

Skinny ~ Welcome back! You were missed! Great job on only gaining two pounds on a 10 day vacation! Woot! Woot!

MowMow and Celtic ~ Sorry for all the health problems. Thinking of you as your work through your issues.

Better get to that homework. I only have a tiny bit left to do to put this summer class behind me! :drinker:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @Cath - oh my gosh, you're so good at personals!
    @Shrinkwrapd - you're right about the boss & federal regs... she's teetering really close, but hasn't crossed the line yet.

*hugs* to everyone!

Spent 3 days this week at a statewide Infectious Disease Conference... the place served amazing food (run by Sodexo), so we were trying very hard to be good... sitting with the others at the lunch table, we got to talking about calories, fitness, etc... and discovered that three of us were on MyFitnessPal! talk about a small world...

Other than that, it's been a crazy, up & down week... and that's not counting that I work for the state mental hospital....

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Oh... almost forgot my Saturday Success.... only 1 more lb to triple digits!
  • eduncan1983
    Options
    I can't say that you do. Have you ever been to WV?
  • Iwanttobeahotwife
    Options
    I don't have 100 lbs to lose but close enough! i like your monthly challenge and your daily suggestions. how does one join a thread?
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. The party continues. The wedding was fun. Last night the bd party for SIL was a great success. My niece and her family will be here all day today, so lots more fun, family, and food. I am not logging yesterday or today, but know that I am making lots better choices than I would have done under similar circumstances in the past. I don't think that I will lose any ground. Its been a good weekend for NSVs. I've seen quite a few people who hadn't seen me for a long time and its been fun to see their reactions to my weight loss.
    Cath--I envy you being able to do such good personals. Can I just second everything you said? You said what I am thinking. We lived for a few years in Orofino. Love that part of the country. It is so green up there. We've had 2 daughters, and 2 SILs graduate from U of I. This fall a granddaughter is attending there.
    Well, I needed to post early, as the rest of the day is spoken for. Have a good one.
    Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye--glad you enjoyed the wedding and the reactions to all of your success. I can't believe you are already less than 20 lbs away from that 100 lb mark!! :flowerforyou:

@iwanttobe--you join the thread by simply posting--welcome!

@vickie--only 1 more lb to that huge milestone!! So exciting!! Isn't it amazing how many people are on MFP?

@cath--I can't believe you go back to school in 2 weeks!! :noway: I have almost 4 weeks until I start back, and my students start 4 weeks from tomorrow. It's still too soon. :ohwell: Good for you for getting those classes done for the pay lane bump. I'm maxed out in the Masters +60 lane, so this is my 2nd summer with no grad school courses. Not only is it great to have more time, but I never realized how financially taxing it was to pay for all of those classes. I got some reimbursement, but it was a small percentage b/c I wanted to get the classes done as quickly as possible. Oh, and I agree about the watermelon!! I absolutely :heart: it! I keep it cut up in the fridge and it makes a great low cal snack.

@sara--yes, as awesome as it was to see the Tour up close and personal, it was difficult to be unable to watch every minute of every stage. My friends in Zurich have something called Roku which is American TV and they had no sports channels, so I couldn't watch it at their house. I watched some of it at the hotels in France and Locarno, but of course the commentators were French so I couldn't understand them. I just had to watch and listen for names. Anyways, I sympathize with your husband. Glad your arm is healing and you are getting back to normal.

@robin--I missed it in your post, but apparently you've gotten a new hairdo? I agree with others--pics please!! :smile:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE
    Sun--run outside (w/ gunner) + 30DS
    Mon--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Thurs--run outside (w/ gunner) + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--Rugged Maniac!!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    After three days of gluttony I am on track so far today. DD's friend had surgery on Thursday to try to remove her brain tumor. It went really well. I am very spiritual although not overly religious (former Catholic) anyway.... The girl (Ill call her C.) C's grandfather has been on hospice care the last month. The day before C's surgery her mom flew to see him. She told him it was OK to go and to take C's tumor with him. Well darn if that neurosurgeon didn't remove most if not ALL of it! She will definitely still need Chemo and Radiation but this is GREAT news! A miracle really. The power of prayer is REAl.

i can't even imagine the stress of having a child with an issue like that. hugs to them.
    I can't say that you do. Have you ever been to WV?

no, but i have a couple of friends who live there. never been there myself though.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Back again after a month plus of grandkids, travel and work...and wearing a boot up to my knee. Something called acute tibial posterior tendonitis and degenerative joint disease. Bleh! These things are HOT, and not in a sexy way either.

This means no lower body workout, I guess. Found a DVD, Zookinesis for Weightloss for seniors and wheelchair bound, and ordered it after trying. So I may get some cardio, and with my handweights might burn a few cals, but am feeling very sad I can't go to the gym. Hopefully, after a few weeks of the boot, I'll be my version of normal though soccer and line dancing are out. :laugh:

Trying to catch up on all your news, especially now that I'm semi-mobile. Have a beautiful Sunday and remember to stay hydrated.:drinker:

Marsha
  • Alliern45
    Alliern45 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy to hear that everyone seems to be doing really well. Welcome back home Skinny sounds like you had a wonderful time:happy: I had a pretty great day yesterday. Myself, my kids, and my brothers family went to a state park about an hour from home. It is called fort warden and is on the beach with a lighthouse, but the real fun part is that in ww2it had bunkers built on the hill overlooking the water to help defend the sound in case of any kind of invasion. Well these are no longer in use and have been stripped clean but the public is now allowed to play around in them. We went to this park about seven years ago and I wanst able to get to the upper bunkers at the top of the hill because the hike up was to intense. Well yesterday I hiked up there with the rest of the family, though it was still pretty hard and had to take a couple of breaks, and had a great time exploring and playing in the bunkers. While we were at the very top, there are several large meadows where they set the really big guns back in the day, we saw 3 six point bucks. They werent at all scared of us and just slowly grazed their way away from us though one of them was kinda watching us like he might get a little aggressive. My brother went there last spring with his kids and I guess one of the deers did get very territorial and chased them off. Never heard of that before but we got some great shots of them so it was cool. On the whole I had a great great time and had another awesome fitness milestone. Have a great day guys and go out and do something fun but dont forget your water.:heart::drinker: :drinker: :heart:
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm really not very good at personals, but so many are that I decided to try to make a better attempt. Skinnyjeans is the champ at personals IMO! :drinker: I just typed a whole list of personals and was just about ready to post when my little Luna, my Italian Greyhound who was on my lap, kicked out her little foot, hit some button, and I lost it all! So...personals another time!

Sunday Share ~ not much to report. It's a little rainy this morning, but hope the sun peeks out this afternoon for a bike ride and doggie walk. We bought a kayak last spring and haven't even used it, yet, so hope to get it out on the water sometime this week. For the newbies, I was born and raised in Idaho. DH was born and raised in Oklahoma. We have lived in Nebraska for 21 years. My daughter is 23 and will graduate from college in a year. My son is 29 and married. I have a 12 year old ShihTzu (Veronica) and a 1 year old Italian Greyhound. The little IG demands to be on my lap under a blanket at all times! My husband is a college professor, and I'm a special education teacher. School starts in two weeks. Ugh! However, I must say, teaching is the hardest job you'll ever love! :heart:
  • fannyfitz
    fannyfitz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could I join your group? I haven't read every post, yet, but this seems like a very nice, supportive group! I have a lot of weight to lose and will need support along the way.

Cheryl