Significant other's thoughts on your weight loss

Options
12345679»

Replies

• LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My husband is my best supporter! When we first got together I was at my heaviest (about 6 years after we first met in high school.) Since then I've lost about 30 lbs in total and he's loving the changes. He's always loved me for who I am and has always found me attractive. I was worried at first that he wouldn't like my "new" body but he seems to be enjoying it a lot. He remembers what I looked like in high school (very fit) and says I was "very hot" back then. I did this mainly for health reasons, but I do appreciate the other benefits like feeling sexy.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My husband tells me that i'm perfect where I am and am getting too small. Hes not very into the idea that I still have 10 more lbs until my goal but he still supports me and says whatever I want to do as long as it's healthy.
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    He's a bit blase about it. He's supportive in his own way. He knows I do this site and he acknowledges my accomplishments. But I think I'm just more excited about it, so by comparison, he seems meh about it. He's just a low-key kind of guy. That's probably part of why. Maybe once he starts seeing a more noticeable change, he'll actually have something to say about it. He does cheer me on, though, when I'm on my exercise bike, cuz he knows exercise is difficult for me. So that's something :)