Tattoo: Would you tell your S/O?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

Well from the "hubby's" point of view, I have to totally agree with HIM. When my wife mentioned the possibility of getting a small tattoo I told her that it would be fine, her next husband would probably like it. No argument, no further conversation was needed.

You put her in line! good job

amen!
    i bet she stayed in the kitchen after that!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    sounds like the key to a successful marriage

This.

I guess it depends on your priorities. If you think that getting a tattoo is more important than your husband's feelings, by all means go ahead. I have nothing against tattoos, but going behind his back and doing something you know he is totally against just seems disrespectful in my opinion.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

Well from the "hubby's" point of view, I have to totally agree with HIM. When my wife mentioned the possibility of getting a small tattoo I told her that it would be fine, her next husband would probably like it. No argument, no further conversation was needed.

:noway: You sound charming
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I would have broken off an engagement or probably be miserably angry (if already married) if my wife would have done something permanent that I'd told her I feel strongly about her not doing.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

You would divorce your wife over her getting a small tattoo?

ANSWER - She never got it so she was not willing to find out.

Good deal that you can put fear into your wife...
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

You would divorce your wife over her getting a small tattoo?

ANSWER - She never got it so she was not willing to find out.

cool story. you're a regular Casanova.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

Did you ever find out if he does like it?
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You don't have to get his permission, but then again, he doesn't have to like it.

Maybe he could do something you hate in response, and you'll have wonderful relationship of doing things you know each other really doesn't like. What do you find revolting?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

you're a peach.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't think tattoo's are trashy

I mean, my tramp stamp brings all the nice boys to my yard

Seriously
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If he is your husband and cares about your opinion and wants, then after a carefully planned discussion about the significance of the tattoo you want to get, he should be at least able to understand. He may not like it but he should be able to respect your decisions. As long as you CAREFULLY planned it out, it has a long term significant meaning, is done by a legit place, and explained to him beforehand, it should be fine. I don't understand why a wife would hide something like that from her husband. I wouldn't hide a thing from my boyfriend. I wouldn't want him to hide things from me. It's reciprocity and respect.

No offense to your relationship, just saying...

This.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    The important questions is: Is the tattoo of bacon? If so, he will love it. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can hate anything with bacon.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i can't believe this is that big of a deal.

is your husband really going to think you revealed yourself as being trashy if you get one? i fail to see the logic behind this thought anyway, but assuming he knows you and loves you, it would be difficult to comprehend that this would change his opinion.

i would still tell him ahead of time, because it's respectful to do so.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Well, my only question is, why would you want to hide it from your husband "until it's too late" ? You're an adult. What you decide to do is ultimately your decision either way but I would highly encourage you to take the adult road and talk with your husband rather than be a teenager and do it behind his back. Just a thought.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have several tattoos, so I'm not tattoo snob.

I am also married to someone whose not a big fan of tattoos. He seems tolerant of the ones I have (that I got before I met him), but wouldn't be happy if I suggested getting another. But I don't want another, so I married him knowing he doesn't like them because it didn't matter, I wasn't getting anymore.

I guess my question is, did you know he didn't like tattoos when you married him? Because it's kind of unfair for you to marry him knowing that and then decide you don't care what he thinks, you're getting one anyway.

I'd like to think if I sat my husband down and gave him a sincere explanation why an additional tattoo was desired (to commemorate something significant, for example), he'd contemplate it and we'd come to some compromise (perhaps if I wanted it on my arm, maybe he'd be okay with me putting it on my hip instead where it's less visible, or something like that).

I would never just go and get one, knowing full well he hates them. That's pretty much just sticking your middle finger up at him and saying 'I don't give a cr@p what you think'. And if that is where you are coming from, then I'd say tattooing is the least of your problems....
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this doowop713! My wife or I don't have any Tattoos but if it were something that she really wanted, had a significant meaning, and was reasonably discrete (no face tat) I would be okay with it.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I do what I want. So I'd get one.

Good luck in your decision....and please post a pic if you do get one! :flowerforyou:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Looking at your tracker, I see you have over 40 lbs to lose. Your tattoo will look different once you lose it all. Why don't you wait until you are in your goal shape, then do body mods? Also, tell your husband.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    My husbad is not the biggest fan of them on women either, but I basically told him I was getting one. He wasn't thrilled with the idea. When I went ahead and got it last year, he was mad I didn't tell him because he said he would have went with me! haha! We're getting bands tattooed on our ring fingers this August for our 17th anniversay, and I am currently in the process of designing my next tattoo, and have already desingned a mother/daughter tattoo that I will be going to get with my daughter when we can afford it!