17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

What kind of vegetables? I'm looking for ways to make vegetables taste good. I have a 2 year old and 6 year old that want cheese on everything. lol. I'm enjoying your posts. You're doing better than me! ;) Congrats on losing some weight and getting healthier!

I have been trying to add my veggies and meat together like a stir fry .....I have baked zucchini with a little fat free mozerella and marinara sauce....YUM Like a parmesan.

I have been sticking with the best in season. But regularly broccoli, green beans, zucchini from my garden, bought a little head of cabbage to make a veggie soup this weekend. The book has a few good recipes. Plus a large salad a day or a small one at both lunch and dinner
  • spiritangel74
    Options
    I do track everything. I will see. Will do it again next week & see. \
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Great !!!!
  • icandoit63
    Options
    c2 daY 6.....Oatmeal is my favorite breakfast so it is a big deal to add it back to my diet. I like to dress it up with fruit and flax, but today added cinnamon YUM!!!....how do you dress up your oatmeal?

Cycle two is a reward for the cleansing in cycle 1...These activate days are awesome!!!
    and add the added calories I need to start my training for Biking 184 miles in September.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Cycle 1 appropriate!!!

Mini Zucchini Cheese Bites

Ingredients
    ◾2 cups grated zucchini ( about 1 medium)
    ◾1 egg
    ◾1/2 cup grated fat free Parmesan Cheese
    ◾optional: 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, salt & pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl mix the zucchini, egg, cheese and cilantro. You do not have to add any salt or pepper since the Parmesan is salty enough . Evenly divide the mixture into the mini muffin pan filling to the top, packed down in each cup. Bake for 15- 18 minutes until golden brown around the edges.

Nutrition Info

Servings: 12* Calories for one: 27* Fat: 2g* Fiber: 0g* Carbs: 1g* Protein: 2g
  • spiritangel74
    Options
    I did lose weight this week. 1.2!! Excited b/c I know this is working for me! :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Such negativity and ignorance...wow.

btw ignorance is lack of knowledge. Unless you have read the book and have digested all the information in it...close the pie hole...:mad:

As for those on this thread who need/want the support it is easy enough to block the one's who are being negative, nasty and ignorant. :flowerforyou:

I keep coming back to this thread to see the progress of those who are doing it and for those who are great job keep it up. As for those who want to try it get the book and read it you will be surprised by what the author has to say.

OH and I love to see the daily updates and prefer it here as opposed to a blog...:tongue: along with the food ideas.

for me this is not a diet it is now my lifestyle. It made it very easy for me to get off refined carbs not complex carbs refined sugar not natural sugar. It is a great starter and allows you to have the maintenace if you only have a bit to loose and the option to restart if you want more weight gone.

After choosing this I have never felt better and have continued to loose weight and get fit over the last 8 months and regardless of weather you agree or disagree like it or not isn't that what this site is about???? getting healthy? getting fit??? and eating food that is good for you and makes you healthy?
  • SezxyStef
    Options

What kind of vegetables? I'm looking for ways to make vegetables taste good. I have a 2 year old and 6 year old that want cheese on everything. lol. I'm enjoying your posts. You're doing better than me! ;) Congrats on losing some weight and getting healthier!

I have been trying to add my veggies and meat together like a stir fry .....I have baked zucchini with a little fat free mozerella and marinara sauce....YUM Like a parmesan.

I have been sticking with the best in season. But regularly broccoli, green beans, zucchini from my garden, bought a little head of cabbage to make a veggie soup this weekend. The book has a few good recipes. Plus a large salad a day or a small one at both lunch and dinner

I bought a nutribullet to add my veggies into as well (only way I could get my husband to eat them) now we make a smoothie with kale, spinich, carrots and some strawberries etc and wham he gets 3 servings of veggies and it's like fruit juice.

The other thing we do is grill them a lot with spices and olive oil..either on the bbq or in the oven. As for the salads I keep switching up my greens from field to spinich to romain etc...adding in strawberries or smoked gouda cheese etc....
  • Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Here is what WebMD says. Sounds promising.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/17-day-diet-review

Here is the conclusion of this review and I couldn't have said it better myself

""The 17 Day Diet: Food for Thought
    Despite the plan's title, you will not lose weight quickly and keep it off after being on this plan for only 17 days.

Alternating between cycle 1 and cycle 2 might prevent boredom, but it really is just a strategy to cut calories and give you staying power to stick with the plan.

Although the evidence is lacking to substantiate Moreno’s weight loss theory of metabolic adjustment to burn fat, the principles of the diet are the foundation of all good diet plans: Cut calories; eat healthy foods; limit sugars, alcohol, and refined starches; and get regular exercise. That's solid advice that will lead to successful weight control.

Eat fruit whenever you want and add a once-daily multivitamin mineral to fill in nutritional gaps and the 17 Day Diet could be your answer to long-term weight control."
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    never heard of it and sounds like a fad...

why do something for 17 days, lose water weight, and then gain it all back?

why don't you just make a permanent change, eat in a deficit, work out, eat less and healthier, and do this for life?

All that is going to happen is that a week after day 17 you are going to be posting asking why all the weight came back...

I have yet to make that post 8 months into it....

This type of comment will get you one thing ....a meal of your own...a foot in mouth...
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Such negativity and ignorance...wow.

btw ignorance is lack of knowledge. Unless you have read the book and have digested all the information in it...close the pie hole...:mad:

As for those on this thread who need/want the support it is easy enough to block the one's who are being negative, nasty and ignorant. :flowerforyou:

I keep coming back to this thread to see the progress of those who are doing it and for those who are great job keep it up. As for those who want to try it get the book and read it you will be surprised by what the author has to say.

OH and I love to see the daily updates and prefer it here as opposed to a blog...:tongue: along with the food ideas.

for me this is not a diet it is now my lifestyle. It made it very easy for me to get off refined carbs not complex carbs refined sugar not natural sugar. It is a great starter and allows you to have the maintenace if you only have a bit to loose and the option to restart if you want more weight gone.

After choosing this I have never felt better and have continued to loose weight and get fit over the last 8 months and regardless of weather you agree or disagree like it or not isn't that what this site is about???? getting healthy? getting fit??? and eating food that is good for you and makes you healthy?

^THIS!!!
  • icandoit63
    Options
    YOu two are awesome!! Thanks.....
  • icandoit63
    Options
    c2 day 8.....I have been consistent, I have enjoyed the planning of meals and have loved using my George Forman everyday. My gut has returned to a more normal state. I am sure it is the 2 probiotic servings I am getting each day. I am sure it is the additional veggies I have now incorporated in my diet. I have loved alternating between accelerate days and activate days. I have loved that each day I am working with the p90x guy Tony Horton. The structure has been great. Today I am 1 more lb down .....Hit the 150 mark and now the work begins to get to my next goal of 145. Finally at a healthy waist...and normal BMI

.25 days into my plan has me feeling very good!
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cycle 1 appropriate!!!

Ingredients
    ◾1 egg

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl mix the zucchini, egg, cheese and cilantro. You do not have to add any salt or pepper since the Parmesan is salty enough . Evenly divide the mixture into the mini muffin pan filling to the top, packed down in each cup. Bake for 15- 18 minutes until golden brown around the edges.

Nutrition Info

Love this recipe, thanks for posting it....
  • Denzel4
    Denzel4 Posts: 6
    Options
    Nice to read about this 17 day diet. I like this thread and thank you all for sharing wonderful diet information. If someone is interested to get more diet ideas then just contact with us and visit our site.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    c2 day 8.....I have been consistent, I have enjoyed the planning of meals and have loved using my George Forman everyday. My gut has returned to a more normal state. I am sure it is the 2 probiotic servings I am getting each day. I am sure it is the additional veggies I have now incorporated in my diet. I have loved alternating between accelerate days and activate days. I have loved that each day I am working with the p90x guy Tony Horton. The structure has been great. Today I am 1 more lb down .....Hit the 150 mark and now the work begins to get to my next goal of 145. Finally at a healthy waist...and normal BMI

That's why I sort of go for a modified cycle 2 now. I prefer that to anything else.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

excellent work!!
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Cycle 1 appropriate!!!

Ingredients
    ◾1 egg

Directions

Nutrition Info

Love this recipe, thanks for posting it....
    Your welcome! making it for tomorrow for lunch!!!
  • tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am growing zucchini in my garden and was so bumm to see that it was not on the Cycle 1 list of approve foods. But you show that it is...I didn't see it in the book..are you certain that it's an approved Cycle 1 food. If so, I will surly try this recipe.