Minor rant

Options

Replies

• ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sure I am body shaming on women who inject themselves. I think it's stupid and unattractive(unless you are completing, then I have respect for that).

You have respect for cheating in competitions?

I think they all take testosterone. I could be wrong, what do I know.

So wrong. Unless you've competed you really can't judge.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Awesome blog post - not really anything to do with the issue at hand - nice try to get us away from..........

Your body shaming.

sigh

edit: lol last to the party again :laugh:

Sure I am body shaming on women who inject themselves. I think it's stupid and unattractive(unless you are completing, then I have respect for that).

I really don't care anymore at this point.

Hate to interject here, but neither of you need to be worrying about muscles.

Women who inject themselves still have to work incredibly hard to achieve what they do. As a lifter, I know the sheer effort it takes for women bodybuilders to look the way they do.

Also, being on the tour I know women (in and out of the industry) that achieved the "manly" physique you're shaming without steroids. There is no reason to shame women for doing something that requires extreme effort and dedication, especially if you can't deduce beyond the shadow of a doubt if they are in fact, on steroids.

This is wrong.

I think women who work hard to tone up and build muscle are sexy...

All women-I repeat-ALL women who tone up and build muscle have worked hard, regardless of injections and cycling. That is the part that you clearly don't understand.

So if you think women who work hard to build muscle are sexy, you are including all women who are muscular, no matter how manly they may be.

The amount of ignorance on these threads astound me. I'm new and I'm already scared away, lulz.

tumblr_lz3f8fT6ga1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You are wrong
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

What you ARE saying and what you MEAN to say are two totally different things. I suggest taking a break from the forums...like, forever.

I clarified myself later. Sorry you misunderstood me. I also don't appreciate the personal attack.

Personal attack? Where?

The take a break from forums forever part. That's mean and I'm hurt. Honest, all I said was I don't think women who bulk up like men are attractive. Is that really a crime?

You are perpetuating nonsense and need to stop. It is not mean to tell you to stop.

But if you insist on staying in the forums and talking how you are, you had better develop some thicker skin, because you will get eaten alive.

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

Body builder women don't look good. Sorry, I don't think it's nonsense.

And back to the body shaming. *smh* I'm beginning to wonder if we are being trolled.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

All women-I repeat-ALL women who tone up and build muscle have worked hard, regardless of injections and cycling. That is the part that you clearly don't understand.

So if you think women who work hard to build muscle are sexy, you are including all women who are muscular, no matter how manly they may be.

The amount of ignorance on these threads astound me. I'm new and I'm already scared away, lulz.

Don't be scared - there is a lot of ignorance and stupidity - but there are those who know what they are talking about, lead by example and inspire people to do better.

We need more of those people - I've been inspired to start lifting after seeing the amazing results other have, I know it's hard to do and will take work etc - but hey. If I get "bulky" I'll stop :laugh:

If this thread stops one person from body shaming it will be worth it. :drinker:
  • ChiManLifts
    Options

So wrong. Unless you've competed you really can't judge.

This girl knows what she's talking about-nomsaying? haha
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options

That is NOT what you said several times over at first. You said heavy people looked bad along with various other people looking bad. And when you said bulky people look bad, you said it as a statement not you think those people are not attractive. But lucky for them, because they don't have to sleep with you, so I'm not sure why you mentioned it lol.

K fine, I don't look good heavy, I'm sure some people do.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

What you ARE saying and what you MEAN to say are two totally different things. I suggest taking a break from the forums...like, forever.

I clarified myself later. Sorry you misunderstood me. I also don't appreciate the personal attack.

Personal attack? Where?

The take a break from forums forever part. That's mean and I'm hurt. Honest, all I said was I don't think women who bulk up like men are attractive. Is that really a crime?

You are perpetuating nonsense and need to stop. It is not mean to tell you to stop.

But if you insist on staying in the forums and talking how you are, you had better develop some thicker skin, because you will get eaten alive.

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

Her little weights are cute.

...That was mean. This thread is bring out some hostility. I need ice cream. Also this woman is lovely and muscular an probably worked very hard to look that good. Probably didn't involve tiny weights, but half the time body builder women are shown with them. What's that about?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Personal attack? Where?

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

Ummmmmm...she *is* a body builder.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to weigh significantly less (i often look at myself and say 'i don't need to lose that fifteen. I'm damn happy here) or be really thin. I want to be muscular, bad *kitten*, strong, and have arms that make people double take. And being thin is great (Coder is 'thin' and she's a hottie) but you shouldn't assume that's a goal for all people.
    Aww thank you. :heart: Different strokes for different folks. And all these different types of people are beautiful. Particularly their bum pics (chelle) lol
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful woman now as I'm sure you were then. I'm thrilled you're happy with your new body and I am righ there with you. But make sure to love the old one as well. The old body got you to through the hurdles and challenges it took to get you to where you are today.

Enjoy being fit and keep up the good work! Haters' gon hate.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

This is what I had in mind
    women_bodybuilder_trainwreck_21_1_.jpg

Ps. I think you look amazing also. I want muscle like yours.
  • CoderGal
    Options

Personal attack? Where?

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

...That was mean. This thread is bring out some hostility. I need ice cream. Also this woman is lovely and muscular an probably worked very hard to look that good. Probably didn't involve tiny weights, but half the time body builder women are shown with them. What's that about?
    Gotta make em look fragile somehow. Gotta keep it a big secret that heavy weights doesn't make you bulky. Gotta sell purse weight programs somehow.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Personal attack? Where?

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

...That was mean. This thread is bring out some hostility. I need ice cream.

I'd bet a good lot on the fact that she doesn't lift those tiny weights.

hrtchoco, you don't seem to grasp the fact that bodybuilder women have an extremely wide range of physiques. The women you are classifying as "bodybuilders", ie hyped up on celltech and danabol, are only the extreme end of the scale. The tour has fitness and bikini competitions, all of which present toned and feminine physiques of bodybuilders.
  • CoderGal
    Options

What do you mean no difference? Yes. If you start shaming on someone's body...whether it is a muscular woman, a woman who uses steroids, or someone that it is overweight/obese....IT IS STILL BODY SHAMING! Seriously, this can't be that hard.

Sorry I didn't think people would be so sensitive. Tbh, I have never called anyone fat in my life. I thought I was just pointing out the obvious that too bulky or too much weight do not look good.

My mom told me I was getting chubby and need to lose some weight when I gained my freshman 15, I said, darn it, you are right. I didn't say, you are body shaming mom! How could you!
    Wow you're really missing something. For example, by saying that people who are a certain weight don't look good, or people who are muscular don't look good, you are saying this person, and other people that others think are hot, doesn't look good:
    c0104f4b-1964-4f9c-9b4d-3bda9dfba5ef_zps4421090b.jpg
    IMGP3680-1.jpg
    IMGP5649_zpsb910c918.jpg

You made a statement when it was an opinion as if it were true in everyone elses mind (you didn't say it was a very rare opinion). And your opinion is completely wrong. That's not...you being right. That's not someone telling you something and you having to accept it. Nobody is going to accept what you said because unlike your case, nobody has to admit to anything, because you're wrong, and insulting beautiful people along the way. And if you do think the above person doesn't look good, just because your mind is sick doesn't give you the right to go around shaming everyone who are nearly underweight like us :)

Well I do think she looks good...
    So, you're wrong. Admit to it and stop trying to convince everyone you didn't say the things you said and that shaming isn't shaming. It's not people being sensitive and you should change their mind, it's people calling you out doing exactly what is defined as body shaming.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

This is what I had in mind
    women_bodybuilder_trainwreck_21_1_.jpg

Ps. I think you look amazing also. I want muscle like yours.

STILL NOT OK (the body shaming just FYI)

Repeat after me

I will not be a judgemental, body shaming .................
  • hrtchoco
    Options
    Gotta make em look fragile somehow. Gotta keep it a big secret that heavy weights doesn't make you bulky. Gotta sell purse weight programs somehow.

That's why I think something is wrong when some women bulk up... Lifting heavy weights will only tone up. I am trying to lift as heavy as I can, and I wish one day I can lift like those fit and toned women.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

So, you're wrong. Admit to it and stop trying to convince everyone you didn't say the things you said and that shaming isn't shaming. It's not people being sensitive and you should change their mind, it's people calling you out doing exactly what is defined as body shaming.

Well I guess I am wrong. I just never seen anyone look good at 200lbs(not even my 6'2" hubby). You might think I'm all evil and what not, but I have NEVER EVER call anyone fat in my life(other than to hubby, but that's our thing), or tell anyone that you don't look good.
  • Junie2013
    Junie2013 Posts: 53
    Options
    This is jealousy, pure and simple. She's trying to make you feel insecure and make herself feel better. She also might have some boundary issues. Asking to see a heavier pic of you after you said you didn't like to show people old pics is crossing the line.

^^ This!

Sorry you had to be put in that position. If you're happy and healthy, you can't let the crazies get you down.
  • hrtchoco
    Options
    STILL NOT OK (the body shaming just FYI)

Repeat after me

I will not be a judgemental, body shaming .................

Here is the thing, if that person is in front of me, I wouldn't say a word. But that's not attractive to me still.
This discussion has been closed.