Minor rant

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    sighs. Unfortunately, I don't think so. She did say in other threads that if she weighs every day and if she sees any weight gain (which is normal even in a maintaining human being and does not mean you over consumed) she eats less and less and was dieting on under 1000 cals plus exercising. And that she thinks her 18.5 inch thighs are fat....and seems to think she's semi magic and can 'feel fat melting away', And mentioned several times that she feels soooo hungry/starving every day and if you don't you're doing it wrong. She also says she's healthy. There's a few logic fails in there. Perhaps we should give her a break since I think all that's a pretty valid reason to not be able to think clearly.

I don't eat 1000 Cal diet. I said I eat a little less that day(let's say 1300 instead of 1500), then I go back to normal eating the second day. When I'm losing weight, I do feel hungry, but not while I'm matintaining. Mfp put me on 1200 diet, and I'm starving with it. And since when I can't bash my own body. I have narrow hips, so 18.5 thigh does look thick on me. Is it so wrong that I want thigh gap? If I have wider hips, then 18.5 thigh probably would look great on me.
    That's strange, that's not what you said a few days ago. I wasn't even referring to when you ate 1300 cals in one day. I was referring to a post where you said you were starving all the time. This is a conversation where you state the opposite:
    TBH, I'm always starving. I'm starving and could use a burger right now...

ps. I just ate a 350Cal breakfast.
    That's very little...perhaps you're right?

As for the OP question there are all kinds of things that people will throw out there without more info. Like how big you are and what your lifestyle is like and how much you eat right now and how you are measuring cals. One thing I will say tho is a lot of people mistake the feeling of hunger with thirst. They feel the same. At the same time if you're hydrating yourself regularly then that's not going to be the problem and you shouldn't just water yourself down lol.

Changes in scheduled eating times can make one feel hungry (look up grenlin, it's like a food time keeper).

It could be that you're missing nutrients, it could be many things. Even when you're accurately measuring and weighing foods, they are all based on averages. So if you're feeling hungry, chances are it was under estimated.

I can only eat around 1500 Cal if I want to maintain my weight...If I want to lose 1 lb a week, I can only have 1000. I know it's bad to eat under 1200, but I really want to lose 1 lb a week, just to get it over with. Therefore, 350Cal breakfast is over 1/3rd of my daily allowance. I weight lift for 40mins, 3 times a week, but that doesn't burn many calories at all.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1044775-suddenly-starving

As far as your " I do feel hungry, but not while I'm matintaining" goes...according to your other post from a few days ago, you're lying agian:
    I'm hungry everyday
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1049501-almost-6-weeks-and-no-weight-loss-why?page=3

You also made a post saying you are maintaining on the same day.

What is up with this thread and people changing their mind so much?

I think it is called backpedaling?
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Yea I'm hungry before I go to sleep. You are not the one who gained 10 lbs in a month by eat until full. Eat until I'm full would be 3000Cal, I can't do that can I? So yea, I'm somewhat hungry(not starving) everyday, that's how my body works. It sucks but there is nothing I can do. And in the other post, I was referring to if I want to lose 1 lb a week. I think was deciding whether I want to lose more weight or not( my decision was eff that crap, I want food)

P.S. I'm weak, so I'm only lifting around 10 lbs(mfp gave me 100Cal or something for work my *kitten* off for 40mins).
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    jealousy.gif

I'm weirdly fascinated with this. I keep waiting for Teresa's head to actually explode.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Yea I'm hungry before I go to sleep. You are not the one who gained 10 lbs in a month by eat until full. Eat until I'm full would be 3000Cal, I can't do that can I? So yea, I'm hungry(not starving) everyday, that's how my body works. It sucks but there is nothing I can do. And in the other post, I was referring to if I want to lose 1 lb a week. I think was deciding whether I want to lose more weight or not( my decision was eff that crap, I want food)
    Then why did you just say you aren't?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the dinner time lols, this is the first time I've witnessed what I thought to be the mythical "mfp sh*tstorm"

But it's real, and it's beautiful. Pass the popcornz!

Hah. I'm at the commissary on pay day. The line goes all the way back then down an aisle and up the other. That's a *censored* storm. This a casual gathering of people amused by an OP who doesn't like differing opinions and annoyed by body shaming.

Until people start screaming about everyone being different and doing what's right for them, science be darned, its not even a serious conversation.

I didn't even read through all of it, but kept seeing it pop up and decided to ask what was going on in here. I got my answer and understood.....and then had immediate thread regret when I tiptoed back in.......****hangs head in shame***** I wonder when it turns into nothing but gifs?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This is going to roll before I get home...I just know it.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    STILL NOT OK (the body shaming just FYI)

Repeat after me

I will not be a judgemental, body shaming .................

Here is the thing, if that person is in front of me, I wouldn't say a word. But that's not attractive to me still.

So it's poor form to say it to their face but perfectly fine to say it behind their backs?

I see what kind of person you are now. Thanks for making it crystal clear.
    Or to their faces on the internet lol

I don't do that either. That'd be mean. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Oh really :huh:

I wish I had your selective memory. Oh no wait, I don't.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    edited 'cause didn't.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

Yea I'm hungry before I go to sleep. You are not the one who gained 10 lbs in a month by eat until full. Eat until I'm full would be 3000Cal, I can't do that can I? So yea, I'm hungry(not starving) everyday, that's how my body works. It sucks but there is nothing I can do. And in the other post, I was referring to if I want to lose 1 lb a week. I think was deciding whether I want to lose more weight or not( my decision was eff that crap, I want food)
    Then why did you just say you aren't?

Also WTF, I didn't gain 10lbs in a month nor did I say it!?! What on earth are you talking about?!? Stop making stuff up. Man the lies that have come out of you lol.

I said you are not the one who gained 10lbs in a month, as I gained 10lbs in a moth by being full(I gain weight easily). I'm not hungry most of the day. But because I try to eat early dinner, I am hungry before sleep.

Idk, maybe knowing I'm hungry makes you happy or something, if not, why are you keep asking? Makes no sense to me. I WISH I'm one of those girls who can eat until full and maintain weight, but I'm not. Sucks being me, you happy?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hrtchoco, I understand what you said. It's not you.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

I NEVER looked at someone's pic and go, you look fat/bad/ugly. I only say nice things about others when they post their picture. If I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say anything at all.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Don't put words in her mouth, just let her put them in mine lol. She just claimed I gained 10lbs in a month?

I think she was referring to herself with the "you're not the one that gained 10lbs" - implying that she WAS the one it happened to.

Still doesn't make the rest of it any less crazy

Back+to+the+Future+ChristopherLloydBacktotheFutur.jpg
  • CoderGal
    Options
    hrtchoco, I apologize, that was completely my bad. For some reason I kept reading that as "You are not the only one who gained 10lbs in a month"...implying that I did. Sorry for the confusion there. But just a note, I can gain that in a day from exercise, and it's a good kind of weight. Also I wouldn't recommend stuffing yourself (I don't associate that with good feeling either). And no, you starving yourself doesn't make me happy. Quite the opposite.
  • hrtchoco
    Options
    Hrtchoco, I understand what you said. It's not you.

Thank you. Sorry I messed your post up. I think I'm done here.

One last thing, you look AWSOME and what you have done was truly amazing.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Thank you so much! We shouldn't let negative people ruin our day. You didn't ruin anything, dear. It was already in the sh*tcan before you arrived.

Now it's just funny.
  • marci2lip
    marci2lip Posts: 23 Member
    Options

jealousy.gif

OMG. WIN! Best GIF Ever!!!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

I NEVER looked at someone's pic and go, you look fat/bad/ugly. I only say nice things about others when they post their picture. If I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say anything at all.

Yep, we all just imagined your body shaming earlier in this thread. :noway:
  • Yourdonis
    Yourdonis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hate people who try to put down others and bully them. I objectively looked at your pictures and I agree with your coworker that you looked younger and better with a little weight on you. I think if you gained about 15 pounds that would make you look a bit healthier than you do now. Judging from your pic I wouldnt say your fit. If I saw you on the street I would think you were sick or something. Just saying. Sorry if it is harsh. Did not mean it that way. I think the skinniest person is not always the "fitest"
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I am fit and not too skinny. But thanks for chiming in, your opinion is very much appreciated.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Seriously who are these people?!?!
This discussion has been closed.