Maintenance Thread

Options

Replies

• kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Shannarose, you definitely made a beautiful bride!!

Weighed in at 125.5 this week. Just about where I want to be however after that hubbie and I went to a noon movie and I ate popcorn. Good but ohh the calories!!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Shannarose, you definitely made a beautiful bride!!

Weighed in at 125.5 this week. Just about where I want to be however after that hubbie and I went to a noon movie and I ate popcorn. Good but ohh the calories!!

thanks for all the compliments on our photos everyone!! you are all so sweet! it was a beautiful day with lots of love and laughter!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I was either 116 or 117. I can't remember.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Just checking in - was ablout to get in a power 90 workout and I did the promo - for the boot camp I am starting tomorrow. Up at 5:00!!! I must be crazy..... LOL !! It will be fun. I will rotate power 90 on my non-boot camps days. I also have to get my eating back in shape. I haven't tracked too good - a little slip here or there. So,I have to be more accountable.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Had some great workouts this weekend... swam at least 3 miles, biked 43 and I was able to to run with a 2/1 run/walk pattern when before I had to walk as much as I ran to keep my calf from exploding.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

Really back on track today, got up at 5:15 for my 5:45 boot camp class. Had a great workout. Then back home for a healthy white egg omelette and coffee. At work with my water at hand - ready for a good day.

This week I will be doing boot camp with power 90 and following the first phase of south beach - just to get back focused.
    My goal for today

1.) Water water water
    2.) Reduce snack portions.
    3.) No snacking after 8:30 and no dessert today!!!

Hope everyone is having a happy healthy day!!!
  • shannahrose
    Options
    Lobster888 I'm with you in the no late night snacking! I was doing well for a few weeks, then the wedding happened & life followed. back on track starting tonight!

I also had a great couple of workouts this weekend. 50 min elliptical Saturday, 20 min run/20 min elliptical Sunday, and 50 min bike this morning! Feels good to burn some cardio calories after a month of 30 day shred and very little cardio. Got some jelly legs today, but that means it's working!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    ive pulled a muscle in my tummy and it hurts :(
    plus side today im down 2lbs just hope it stays gone by friday
  • lobster888
    Options
    monkeysmum, funny you say that you pulled a muscle in your tummy - I think I pulled one on the left side of my chest - I was having this strange pain and when I stretched out my left arm it shot a pain down my arm. If I took a deep breath it hurt - kinda had me worried I was having a heart attacked - but... I am still here LOL It started last night and still comes and goes...pretty sure its just a pulled muscle - but really weird !!!!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    monkeysmum, funny you say that you pulled a muscle in your tummy - I think I pulled one on the left side of my chest - I was having this strange pain and when I stretched out my left arm it shot a pain down my arm. If I took a deep breath it hurt - kinda had me worried I was having a heart attacked - but... I am still here LOL It started last night and still comes and goes...pretty sure its just a pulled muscle - but really weird !!!!
    I actually had the exact same thing last Friday, I didn't know what was going on!!! I don't remember pulling abything but my pain was deep inside the left side of my chest, so weird!! It's gone now so that's good!! Hope your is on the mend as well!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Had a very busy weekend so I didn't have a chance to check-in but my weight was 147 which is 2lbs away from my ultimate goal, YAY!! Ran my first 5K on Sat in 35:22 not too bad but my next one in Oct WILL be better!!! Hope everyone is having a good day, Monday's are tough but it's almost over!!
  • shannahrose
    Options
    stuck to my goals yesterday! i'm trying to get back eating more fruits and vegetables & and not eating after 8PM. did well with both yesterday! i'm hoping to be back under 150 when i weigh on friday.

today will be a rest day for exercise - might do a light walk after work tonight just to stretch my muscles, but nothing strenuous. i've been working it the last few days straight, so gotta give my legs a break!
  • amandadidier
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Well I'm new to the maintenance thread but not to MFP. I joined a group to loose 10 pounds throughout the summer and while I managed to almost reach my goal, I ended up falling off track and gaining some of the weight back in August.

Before regaining All of my previous weight back I want to get back on track...so my first goal would be to loose 7 pounds (then would like to maintain that weight) and I figured joining a maintanance thread will hopefully help me get back on track and avoid me falling back to my previous weight.

So I'll be ready for the first way in on Friday!

(and a big thanx to Lobster for helping me get back on track!!)
  • lobster888
    Options
    Welcome back Amanda,

Ok guys - I got up this morning and did core cardio with power 90. I eat a white egg omelette and packed a healthy lunch and one snack. So I think I am ready for the day - oh yeah - I have my water bottle!!!

Hope everyoe is having a happy healthy day!!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    'Hi again - Just wanted to say excellent job everyone who's come so far! Shanna, I'm a bit late on the compliments, but I agree - beautiful! Congratulations!

I haven't been posting on this thread b/c I wondered if I'm a bit of an imposter.... (I'm happy where I am but would accept betting smaller with no argument or complaint). I suspect that most of us feel this way though.... so I'll just get over it and make myself at home here!

Just had a nice workout (Jillian's Yoga Meltdown and Zumba 20 mins express). Aaaah. Love the sweat! :)
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I have a few questions that are related to maintenance...

Like most people, my weight fluctuates. I stay in a 4 lb. range most of the time. So what I'm wondering is do I update my ticker if I'm in my range? I used to update it every Monday no matter what but that got to be a chore. Right now I'm going with the "only update if I'm out of my range" approach but I think it's too easier to gain 5 lb. and be in denial with that approach. What do you guys do?

Um, I can't remember my other question. :laugh:
  • shannahrose
    Options
    well. i had a late night cookie raid last night and ate 8 oatmeal cranberry cookies out of the freezer!! the good new is that they were homemade and pretty health cookies - but still - send me over by like 460 calories! whoops!

BUT! i weigned in this morning just to check and i saw 147.8 - my lowest ever! maybe i should eat cookies every night! :laugh: :laugh:

got spinning class tonight so i will burn off those extra cals!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Macmadame,

You know, I was thinking about the same thing. My weight goes up and down a little too. But, I only track it if it is two pounds out of my range for more than one day. My goal weight is 125 - I have been 125.2 to 127.8 so I leave it at 126. I figure if it some where in the middle of my range. (but not like if the scale showed 129 - for two times in a two) I guess we just have to judge how to handle it. I just don't wan tto slip and let the 2 turn into 4 turn into 6 etc. That's been an issue before - I want to keep on top of it - that's why I am doing the thread - I need to learn how to maintain my weight. Don't know if that answers your question....

Shannarose - I have all the makings for those healthy oatmeal cranberrt cookies - I am afraid to make them for fear of eating all of them. My son is away at school - so he is not there to eat everything in sight LOL .

I did my second bootcamp this morning and it was a killer. (especially after spin/abs last night) My abs are talking to me today!!!! I had a healthy breakfast and packed a healthy lunch and snack. PLus I already have a healthy dinner half cooked. I am on a roll!!!!!

Hope everyone has a healthy happy day!!!!

Hope everyone
  • shannahrose
    Options

Shannarose - I have all the makings for those healthy oatmeal cranberrt cookies - I am afraid to make them for fear of eating all of them. My son is away at school - so he is not there to eat everything in sight LOL .

You should make them because they are full of fiber! I made a whole batch a few months ago and just kept them in a bag in the freezer. I did so well just allowing myself one or 2 each night (70ish cals each). Until last night when i had 2, then 2 more, then just grabbed the bag and ate what was left! Thank goodness I didn't have more left!! :laugh: But they were sooo good!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    happy thursday all

i love school weeks in one way busy and always things to do but now my little one has started nursery its meant most of my free time went out the window doing extra school run and trying to occupy a toddler roll on the weekend when i can have a slow down

tummy muscle is still sore no idea what i did or how but i wont do it again lol im hoping to have at least stayed with the 2lbs loss this week we will see tomorrow i guess
    after reading that more than one person pulled muscles in tummy i hope its not going to be a trend hope you both feeling better now though