The awesomest thing your kid has ever said...

Replies

• fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    my 5 year old son.

Me: R, tell me more about these scary things. Who scared you?
    R: this girl.
    Me: what did she do?
    R: she showed me lots of scary stuff like nightmares and Justin Bieber.
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    I don't have any kids but I have 9 nieces and nephews and my oldest niece once told me "you're my role model."
    I love the feeling of my youngest nephews telling me "I love you"
    They make me excited to have my own
    :heart:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    couple that make me laugh;

my niece trying to tell her step Dad that he was "hen pecked" but got it mixed up and said "chicken picked"

my youngest, now 6, calling things "epic" and also dancing smacking his butt singing "I'm sexy and I know it"

my oldest, when he was about 5, calling me his hero.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    *ruff*
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    lovin this thread...LOL @ wrk. Wish I had a story to share.
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    "Mom, when you're old, you won't be the kind of old lady who will be knitting....you'll be the kind of old lady who will be working out at the gym."
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    This morning, my child said "Mom, did you clean my princess dress? I'm so proud of you."
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    All of my kids are of the 4-legged variety.

The coolest was when my wife got my cat - that we swear thought he was a dog - to say, "woof." I wish we had recorded that.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    When my youngest daughter was 4 she wanted a horse, so my husbandexplained to her that she should go to college, get a job, buy a house with enough land, blah, blah,blah.. She looked at him and said "No. I think I'll just marry a boy who already has a horse." We still laugh about it, mostly because she may follow through...

Oldest daughter: "Mom, of I eat 2 bites of macaroni and cheese can I please have some more asparagus." Husband & I had a really hard time not spitting our food across the table. I don't want her to know how odd that is.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    My bf's 5 year old niece told me she cant wait to grow up so we can be best friends.. I told her she didnt need to grow up for that. She says "thats true, you like coloring even more than i do!" :laugh:
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    My now 21 year old son was a huge Toy Story fan and wanted a Buzz Lightyear and Woody figure. So for his third birthday, I went and bought him the 12" tall or so 'dolls', even writing his first name on Woody's foot before wrapping it up. He unwrapped the Buzz doll and was so excited to have it. Then after unwrapping the Woody doll, his face beaming with joy and holding up the doll for everyone to see,said, "I got a big Woody!" There wasn't a dry eye in the house! lmao

Priceless!!

It's on video :glasses:

And we have a winner! (in my opinion that is :) too funny!
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    when my oldest daughter was 5 we were riding in the car. someone pulled out in front of us and I had to slam on the brakes. Without thinking I immediately began yelling profanities at the driver of the car. After a moment I realized she was sitting in her car seat, and after taking a deep breath, I told her I was sorry, and I shouldn't have said those things. She says "Its ok daddy. You got your bad feelings out."
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Mine is 4.

He says, I need to go running with you.

Alright. Get dressed.

He comes out of his room and says, I need to go running with you so that I can get bigger, and you can get teeny tiny like a baby. Then, I'll be the boss.

He also looked at me after I had been grumpy with him and said, "You know I still love you right?" "We're the best aren't me?"

- Yeah buddy, we're the best

A few seconds later he looked at me and said, " When I grow up I'm going to change into a girl. Girls have super privates, huh?"

-Yep!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    All of you with furbabies don't have to feel left out. Just tell us about the awesomest thing your furbaby ever did.
  • Here are a few...

Most recently, my 15 year old son said, "I love you dad, you do everything for me, and I appreciate it." Yes, I choked up.

When he was 3, shortly after his mother has passed away, I had to wake him up at 8 o'clock at night and take him to Home Depot with me to pick up some emergency plumbing repair parts to fix a leaking pipe. When I carried him into the Depot with me, the "greeter" explained to me I had to either carry him at all times or place him in a cart and secure him. As I thanked the man, my son said, "Daddy, is that man an idiot?" To which I replied, "No son, he is just being helpful." To which my son replied, "But Daddy, you said that everyone that works at Home Depot is an idiot!" In my embarrassment, I hurried away to make my purchase.

When he was 4, I took him to Toys R Us to pick out a gift for one of his playmate's birthday parties we were going to. I wanted to use the time as an opportunity to teach him to not be selfish, and to think of others, and I reminded him to not ask for me to buy him a toy that day. Once inside as we walked the aisles, he found an 8 pack of Hot Wheels Cars, and asked me if he had enough money in "his bank" to buy them for himself. I told him he did, and he immediately asked to buy them. So I asked him if he had any of his money with him, and he said "No, you make me put it all in my bank." (His savings account) I told him "I guess you can't buy them if you don't have any money with you." He thought a moment and said, "Hey Dad! I got an idea, why don't you buy them for me with YOUR money, and when we get home you can get MY money out of the bank. So I said, "OK, how much are they?" To which he replied "6 Daddy, they are 6." So I said, OK, well when we get home, you will have to pay me back 10." He immediately exclaimed that 10 was bigger than 6 and it wasn't fair. So I explained to him that "When you use someone else's money, than you have to pay that money back with INTEREST, so that it actually costs you MORE." He thought about this for a second, and then looked up at me and said, "Well what if I'm not interested!" I had no answer for that! So I bought him the cars while thinking to myself, I will have to use that line on the bank when I refinance my mortgage! LOL!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Here are a few...

Most recently, my 15 year old son said, "I love you dad, you do everything for me, and I appreciate it." Yes, I choked up.

When he was 3, shortly after his mother has passed away, I had to wake him up at 8 o'clock at night and take him to Home Depot with me to pick up some emergency plumbing repair parts to fix a leaking pipe. When I carried him into the Depot with me, the "greeter" explained to me I had to either carry him at all times or place him in a cart and secure him. As I thanked the man, my son said, "Daddy, is that man an idiot?" To which I replied, "No son, he is just being helpful." To which my son replied, "But Daddy, you said that everyone that works at Home Depot is an idiot!" In my embarrassment, I hurried away to make my purchase.

When he was 4, I took him to Toys R Us to pick out a gift for one of his playmate's birthday parties we were going to. I wanted to use the time as an opportunity to teach him to not be selfish, and to think of others, and I reminded him to not ask for me to buy him a toy that day. Once inside as we walked the aisles, he found an 8 pack of Hot Wheels Cars, and asked me if he had enough money in "his bank" to buy them for himself. I told him he did, and he immediately asked to buy them. So I asked him if he had any of his money with him, and he said "No, you make me put it all in my bank." (His savings account) I told him "I guess you can't buy them if you don't have any money with you." He thought a moment and said, "Hey Dad! I got an idea, why don't you buy them for me with YOUR money, and when we get home you can get MY money out of the bank. So I said, "OK, how much are they?" To which he replied "6 Daddy, they are 6." So I said, OK, well when we get home, you will have to pay me back 10." He immediately exclaimed that 10 was bigger than 6 and it wasn't fair. So I explained to him that "When you use someone else's money, than you have to pay that money back with INTEREST, so that it actually costs you MORE." He thought about this for a second, and then looked up at me and said, "Well what if I'm not interested!" I had no answer for that! So I bought him the cars while thinking to myself, I will have to use that line on the bank when I refinance my mortgage! LOL!

That was so sweet. Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    She's 3. I guess it had been awhile since she'd been around me while I was getting dressed and wearing a thong. The only time I wear them is if you can see VPL. Anyway, I'm in a thong, getting dressed, and she comes up behind me and exclaims, "MAMA! You have a REALLY bad wedgie! :laugh:

Then she puts her hand on my butt cheek and leans in to inspect my rear end and try to figure out how so much of my underwear got in my crack. I grabbed a thong out of my drawer and showed it to her so she could see that there was no material on the cheeks, and I didn't really have a wedgie. She gives me a sympathetic look and says, "Mama, I think you need bigger undies." And something along the lines of "You should get Pinkie Pie and we can match."

As for sweet things, "I'm glad you're my Mama" makes my heart swell.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    <
    The fluff ball figured out how to play 1-sided tug of war.... stand on the towel you are pulling!!! I cried i was laughing so hard! :laugh:
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    I was dropping off my almost 2 year old at daycare one day and I told her I loved her. She didn't reply, so I asked if she loved me. She replied "No, I love my shoes." as she lifted her foot up to shove her cute new shoes in my face. LOL
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    "I'm glad the Doctor isn't real because I don't want you have to choose between me and him"

My 6 year old owns.