Annoying things your pet does..

Options

Replies

• belladiva47
    belladiva47 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My Dudley a pug/boston terrier mix barks frantically whenever someone is walking by my home. But amazingly for the past 10 years he sleeps solidly thru the night. Except for one night 2 years ago. This is not funny. This is true. He saved my life. He woke me out of a sound sleep at 3am going nuts by the front door. My neighbor was knocking and yelling for me to open the door because "they" were trying to kill him. Since I've known him for years and so did my dog, my instinct was to open the door and save him. But my dog would not let me near the door. He kept getting in front of me, pushing me out of the way and snapping at me to move. His fur was standing on end. This is a 35 pound dog who loves everyone. I finally grabbed the leash, put it around his neck and dragged him out of the way. But my instinct kicked in and before opening the door I slipped the chain on. As I was opening the door I had to bend down to grab the dog's collar and keep him from trying to get to this guy. And that is how I saw this guy in my hallway with no clothes on and a long double bladed knife hidden off to his side. Had I opened the door maybe I and for sure my dog would be dead. Slammed the door shut, called 911, and a few minutes later he was down on the ground and 5 cops over him with guns drawn. Long story short it was a combination of PTSD and a reaction to meds. He was not arrested he went to the hospital. He was one of our Army heroes suffering from stints in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And of course Dudley does annoying things like chewing on socks and grabbing underwear out of the hamper and running thru the house hoping you will play with him. But for all their annoying funny habits if you treat them right, your pets will give up their lives for you.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Velvet has the LOUDEST meow on the face of the planet. When I'm just outside the door talking with my neighbor, she'll call for me at the top of her kitty cat lungs. It's like, "HEY, I know you're out there. COME BACK, I MISS YOU!!" Then, she'll precede to jump on the window sill and paw at the glass.

OH, and not to mention, there is no such thing as a closed door around here. If I'm using the bathroom, she's at my feet and trying to get in my lap. If I'm in the tub, there she is on the ledge. Such an attention *kitten*, but I love her!

What's that, you want to use the computer? Perfect time to stand directly in front of the monitor or lay across the keyboard.

Bed time? MOVES AROUND A MILLION TIMES to get comfy and then wants you to lift your arm up so she can get under the covers.

MORNING ALREADY? 6 am. Apparently, this is when the queen wants her breakfast. Even though I work 'til almost 11 at night, it doesn't matter. She's very demanding and will paw at my face continuously until I wake up. Covers over my head? She'll dig me out.

Belly rub? YES. REFUSES to be picked up.

Torments the turtles. Loves dogs.

Has a deep litter box, but still likes to fling cat litter all over the place. Is very obsessive and will scratch the walls, box, & floor to 'cover' her business. Then, she'll go into the kitchen and scratch the floor around her food bowl. I don't know, she's a weirdo.

Hates wet cat food and table scraps. VERY picky.

Puts toys in my shoes.

The list goes on and on!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Where do I begin. First I have a fox terrier, which by default means the brain is an option which is unavailable. With every noise out front he goes to bark. A leaf falls, he goes to bark. A bird chirps, he barks. He sits at your feet and whimpers and whines until you remove your shoes and socks so he can lick your feet. Circle in front of the back door to go out, take two steps out and walks back in.

Although it's better than a friend of mine. He got a new puppy. Really cute. Until he decided to make his own Choo toys. His Jimmy Choo sneaker toys. Ouch.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    As you can see, I have an english bulldog. His name is Luka, and he's seriously the gentlest as well as biggest baby I've ever encountered.

4bd14cc3-8166-49cd-a8c5-2685c1265275_zps525cfb22.jpg

My biggest pet peeve with him is that he's a snorer. As in shake the walls type of snoring. Also, when he finishes eating, he likes to run around the house and wipe his face on the furniture and walls As you can see he has deep folds, and during his eating, he get's food in there. The walls and furniture are his 'napkin' when he's done.

If we (meaning I) don't keep up with it (wiping the walls down on a regular basis), there's a grey line about 1.5 ft high that goes along the wall and after a week of not wiping it down, we kinda look like we're flood victims.

edf165d1-bcdc-45d2-a532-7d0f946be003_zpsdafc42ba.jpg

And he's a farter. And when he farts, he get's up, turns around quickly, and runs to the other side of the room. Leaving us to deal with the fallout.

And people are TERRIFIED of him. He not that tall, but he's wide and literally one big muscle. Right now he weighs in at 67 lbs. People literally cross to the other side of the street when we're walking him. But if they're brave enough to walk up to him, he just sniffs and rubs up against them to the point that they're almost knocked over.

True story.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    My feline .. She eats plastic, plastic bags aren't safe anywhere near her! It's awful
    how I have to hide it but she's good, she finds it often.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    my lab eats socks dirty ones so gross
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    A pet is just not a human with human feelings. They don't always do what an owner wants them to do, that's what I love most about them: they have their own little characters!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    cat drinks milk from my cup, when her bowl is filled to the brim
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Our cat likes to sit on the arm of the chair and when you walk past her paw shoots out and gives you a swipe.

As others she also likes to lie across the keyboard, and also will sneakily make herself comfy on any seat we just vacate!

Recently whenever I'm ironing and take a break she's taken to curling up on the ironing board.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My feline .. She eats plastic, plastic bags aren't safe anywhere near her! It's awful
    how I have to hide it but she's good, she finds it often.

My cat does the same thing! I wonder why some cats are so attracted to plastic. Do you think it's the equivalent to humans who secretly enjoy smelling artificial scents like permanent markers?

My cats love to stand directly in front of the computer monitor where they block 75% of the computer screen.

I keep an old bedspead on top of the couch to collect the cat hair. Whenever I remove it for washing, the cats relish the opportunity to jump up on the now-unprotected couch and smother it in cat hair. Even if I have a second bedspread handy to re-cover the couch, they ambush the couch the second it's uncovered, even dashing in from another room to scatter their hairs everywhere :explode:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's like a whole animal brigade when I go to the restroom. I've got the dogs fighting for attention and the cat running between my legs and behind the toilet.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    He liked to hump my legs. 'nuff said. And bite me. He's just being playful but damn, it hurts. Plus he howled (cried, really) early in the morning around 5-7.

Other than that, he's perfect.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    She likes to go between my legs. 1 year ago it was ok, but now she is so big and 70 kg. I have to watch out to keep my balance.
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My dog, like I'm sure most dogs, likes to go outside at 3 in the morning to bark at nothing and wake up all the neighbors. What a little jerk.

She also likes to go into the bathroom, pull out the garbage, shred the tissues and spread them all over the floor. No idea why - she just does.

She does some annoying things, but more than that, she does funny things. And she's nice, happy and sweet. Plus...
    DSCF2776_zpsb1fc8c66.jpg
    ...how can you get mad at that face?
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats and all have their own annoying habits.

Syntax prefers doing both number 1 and 2 on the couch instead of the litter box or outside when it rains. Sometimes she barfs there as well.

Tabasco has this thing for rubbing his fur against your (wet) legs when coming out of the shower. It seems to be his intention to attach as much of his fur on my legs as possible. Perhaps he doesn't like me shaving them? He will also lick nippels when he sees the chance, cat tongues are a bit too rough on that sensitive area for my taste.

And finally we have Sambal. He had been living in the streets for about a year, providing for himself, before he invited himself to live at my place. Sambal knows how to catch food and is very good at it. I'm yet undecided what aspect of that I find most unpleasant... Finding a living room full of pigeon and its feathers? Stepping out of bed right unto the remains of 50 cm / 20" goldfish? Neh, I guess I dislike it most when he catches a mouse, releases it unharmed on my bed in the middle of the night thus forcing me to participate in a game of "catch the mouse". When he wins I get to enjoy the crunching sounds of eating said mouse under my bed. When I win I have to get downstairs to release the mouse into the front yard. Oh joy. :grumble:
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well each pet does their own annoying things. So out of our cats, Taxi the kitten is most annoying (jumps and claws my head when I sleep, bites my hair, scratches when Im asleep to wake me up) Turtles, the only thing that is slightly annoying is when they hide and Im trying to get them out to gently scrub their shells, with the exception of toby.. The dogs, max and sadie are great. They really dont do much, but as for my moms dogs its a tie. They arent trained and do everything dogs shouldnt do. Im hoping that jessie runs away and kansas runs away or becomes coyote lunch. The horses. Quiggly stomping down the fences/smashing them down, Lynxie dragging me a few feet and giving me rope burn when I put the lead rope around her neck. Tawny and I are "accident prone" her name is Tawny Tumbles. She has fallen ( backwards with me on her and it everytime it was not her fault and I was riding her) Anyways shes fallen on me 6 times, annoying yes. Big bruise from the saddle horn, never a major injury or broken bone though :)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Our dog farts. A lot.

She also has a thing for batteries. Can't leave them lying around, cause she will eat them.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    2 maltese's....Scruffy and Biscuit. Both males. I have to constantly get onto scruffy for trying to hump biscuit. Very annoying and disturbing.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Two cats, both a little mad.

Bear is obsessed with water, he will sit on the edge of the bath and stare unblinkingly for hours. He swipes at your toes sometimes and pokes at the water. Will scream at the door and stick a creepy upside down paw under it until he's allowed in. Also likes to rub and weave all about wet legs, so any bath or shower ends with furry ankles.

Effy likes to be petted whilst I'm on the toilet. She weaves back and forth, flops in to any pat I offer and sort of summersaults on my feet, head planted first.

She talks a lot too. Loud, vocal mews about everything. She also snores, large snores for a very small cat.

They both like to ride on our shoulders like scarves. Bear is older, and he's done it always and isn't much trouble. Effy came later and has started copying him. She slips and slides and we have to walk around like hunchbacks to keep her from falling.

She also has little 'love moments', they're intense. She waits until you're laying down, usually on the lounge. She has a paw on either side of your neck, like a cuddle, kneading included, and continuously plows her head into yours and headbutts and snuggles your face for about 10 minutes. It's painful and ridiculous, but she honestly looks so perfectly happy and in love you can't get up her. Desperate affection.

Reading something? Expect a cat, either one, to sit on it.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    IMG_1391_zps950c1175.jpg

My boyfriends dog does MANY irritating things :-/

If your on the floor for any reason (eg: exercise, stretching your back, or the boyfriend decided it would be fun to push you off the couch) she decides... PLAYTIME!!!! and she plays rough.

She lays at the bottom of the stairs when youve gone upstairs.. she wont move when you come down, but as you step over her she freaks and bolts... almost taking you with her.

when youve come off nightshift and your working the following night, she very kindly lets you know every time someone walks past the house (they could even be on the other side of the road) and god forbid you want to miss seeing the leaf float past the window

Still..

I wouldnt change her for the world :love: