girls in the gym

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

If I go to the gym after work, then I have makeup on. If you don't like it, then I guess don't look.

I'm confused why this would bother anyone.

And though you might run on the stair stepper, most of the people in my gym walk. It really doesn't bother me in the least. You can tell they're working their *kitten* off, because they all have that "I'm going to f'n die" look on their face. but even if it didn't look like they were on the verge of collapse, I wouldn't care. It's their workout...not mine.

I find it humorous when I see women (AND men) taking selfies, but it doesn't bother me. Maybe when I get to the point where I have an awesome physique, I might take a couple of selfies myself. Besides, they could be taking progress pics. Most of us already do that.

I'm just one of those people that go to the gym to workout. Not to worry about what others are doing.

Oh, and when I walk out of there, all my makeup has been sweated off. :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously a guy, so my opinion might not be wanted in here but-

It never ceases to amaze me what women care about in the gym. We're all there to work out-it shouldn't matter what other people are doing or wearing. At all.

If you have the time to bothered by another person in the gym who's not directly interfering, I suggest upping the intensity of your workouts.

Amen!
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.

They pay a membership just like you. One day you can own your own gym and you can just get rid of those who make you batty. Until then, get over it or start working out at home. Honestly when I work out I am concentrating on MY workout. I get in the zone and everyone around me disappears. If you have the time to judge all these girls, are you sure you are putting enough into your own work out?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    LOOK...it's back

It's back as you just bumped a 6 week old deceased thread....thanks!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'm obviously a guy, so my opinion might not be wanted in here but-

It never ceases to amaze me what women care about in the gym. We're all there to work out-it shouldn't matter what other people are doing or wearing. At all.

If you have the time to bothered by another person in the gym who's not directly interfering, I suggest upping the intensity of your workouts.

ONE woman. She doesn't speak for all of us.

fqmlO7s.gif
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OP - Oh now...don't be judgmental. :bigsmile:
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump because I want to see it roll ...
  • kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    God, people have nothing better to do than to jump on the band wagon of hate ....

I am going to use the internet and this site for more pressing matters ...

(such as drooling over fitties ..... *drools* ) :love:
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Where is this gym?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    who the hell rebumped this???
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I really dont give 2 ****s what other people are doing in the gym as long as it doesn't impede my workout.
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    This may sound stupid, but what's mascara? I always get confused about where people put it on :P
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    This may sound stupid, but what's mascara? I always get confused about where people put it on :P

You're right. That does sound stupid.

Je8w2Ox.gif
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    But dang it... I think I look all sexy with my cheeks flushed, my hair a mess and dripping sweat..... all my Instagram followers do too.......

this! =)
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You will run into narcissistic people at the gym as well as on the Internet, both of whom seek attention relentlessly. Like religious fanatics and those people who stand outside of grocery stores hassling shoppers, I find it best not to encourage them (or their pathology.)

In general I don't care if you show up at the gym in bunny slippers, a batman costume or buck naked. Rack your weights and don't hog the squat rack and we'll get along fine. The task I'm engaged in doesn't concern you.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Amen! I look like a troll when I’m finished. Hair up & wet, skin flushed…but I feel great!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    9/10 those selfies end up on tumblr under the perving section.

This.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym but I do work at a waterslide and see women all the time with their hair and makeup done but I could really care less.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hey I go to the gym right after work and I have my full face on. I don't bother taking it off. Yeah I look like a train wreck when I'm done working out. The point is that is a really unfair judgement.

i'm sorry, you're missing the point of my post. if you go there and look like a train wreck after... you're obviously not taking selfies and posting them on instagram or facebook or wherever. that's what annoys me. the gym is a place to work out, not flaunt your face or reel in a husband. my point was that they're there, but not doing anything. i apologize if i didn't phrase that correctly.

I wear lots of make up at my gym.

I look good when I work out.

And I look good when I'm done working out. It's not my fault you look busted in your face after your work out. I don't. Take your hatorade somewhere else.

And I can almost guarantee- like I'm 99% certain- that I work out harder than you. I workout almost harder than anyone in my gym... there is one person at my gym who will work with me. And I'm there ALL the time. Like 20 plus hours a week. So I see a wide variety of people- including professional athletes and none of them want to work out with me- so it's not that I don't work.... trust me.

I understand it's not a social hour and you are there to work- I get it. People want to waste their own time that's their business.

So stop worrying about what other people are doing and do your own workout.