MFP Is Turning Into High School

Options

Replies

• kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    if this is high school, I need a prom date. Anyone interested ?:flowerforyou:
    I'll go with you. I was pregnant at my junior prom and skipped my senior, so I'm due!

You're barely due!?! That's one long incubation for a baby!
    LMAO

I'm due for a prom -- without being pregnant!

WAIT for me! I went to an ultra conservative school and we didn't have prom. Can we go as a group? I'll bring a flask!

I'll fetch the vodka lmao a litre bottle to start lol no mixer we will do shots gotta watch those calories lmao
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Your mum is turning into high school.
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately OP a post like this invites exactly the comments you talk about - best not to feed the trolls (esp. as they seem to be multiplying).

If you really review the comments on the forums closely, the vast majority are supportive or giving useful (sometimes, but not always what you want to hear) critique... the rest... well leave'em be!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'll go with you. I was pregnant at my junior prom and skipped my senior, so I'm due!

LMAO

WAIT for me! I went to an ultra conservative school and we didn't have prom. Can we go as a group? I'll bring a flask!

Find your own date!Don't you dare c#$block me:angry::angry:
    Like, are you guys, like, totally going to fight over me and stuff?
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It occurs to me that HS was about 21% of the OP's entire life. Perhaps a bit more perspective is in order.

You know... I wasn't in "high school", even when I was in high school. So speak for yourself.

I'm actually enjoying not being So Farcking Serious for the first time in my life.

ETA: deactivated.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    No thread about high school, and heart break is complete without The Cure...

tumblr_mklekjL5cy1qjokcco1_400.gif
    Well, I know what record collection I'll be digging out and listening to today.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the OP couldn't be more pleased with how well this thread is going.

OP, I get what you're saying, but you have to understand that most of the time, people are kidding around. I have rarely seen anyone be hurtful to another poster. It's generally just a lack of communication. Many posters on this site apply a tone to responses that does not exist.

There are a lot of sarcastic people here, but that doesn't make them rude or unkind.

Um. Can I please come to prom with you guys? I totally put out.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    pizza-dog.gif

Maybe we just need something to eat !
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Ragequit.

BINGO!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Are you guys really talking about me being in high school. I graduate from COLLEGE in November. Yes I'm 19. I Graduated from High School early.
    your-mom-goes-to-college-napoleon-dynamite-i7.jpg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

OP, I get what you're saying, but you have to understand that most of the time, people are kidding around. I have rarely seen anyone be hurtful to another poster. It's generally just a lack of communication. Many posters on this site apply a tone to responses that does not exist.

There are a lot of sarcastic people here, but that doesn't make them rude or unkind.

You can ride with me. I have a keg in the back of the truck!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

We can be pseudo lesbians to get the guys all hot and bothered. That's what you're supposed to do in high school, right?
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Um you've only been here since March sooo...

Anyway although I have seen a change in the types of people who post now in comparison to a couple years ago, I think the "grumpiness" stems from frustration of the same incorrect advice and redundant questions that come up over and over again. Not saying it's right as I'm certainly not one of the thread hijackers but it's understandable.

But I am more desensitized to this than I used to be.

For what it's worth I tend to get better information and entertainment from bb.com forums than I do here.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

Lady, consider yourself PROMED!
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aww rats.
    2p0P2.gif

BWAHAHAH LOVE this gif!!!!

tumblr_mqma9h0URX1sppmago1_400.gif

this amuses me...

:wink:

^^^^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is so funny .... what were you saying? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^^^
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options

LMAO

Find your own date!Don't you dare c#$block me:angry::angry:

S'okay, I didn't wanna go anyway. I got a pile of reading to do. :sad:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    pizza-dog.gif

Maybe we just need something to eat !

aw total cuteness.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    High School? Damn. Does this mean I have to have Eminem hair and glasses again? And no prom date?
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options

LMAO

I'll fetch the vodka lmao a litre bottle to start lol no mixer we will do shots gotta watch those calories lmao

Yes! I'm going after all! :flowerforyou:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Ragequit.

BINGO!
    Aw, bummer! Man, I had some salient insight on being young and graduating early. Booksmart =/= mature. Some of us have been done a disservice by being pushed ahead before we were totally ready, apparently... Therapy can help you improve your emotional intelligence. (In all seriousness, I can be caring and compassionate, but I also have fun being a hateful, sarcastic troll. Being mature enough to know when to turn it off is the difference. And now that I've released that emo chum into the water, commence shark attack on me in 5... 4... 3... :tongue: )
This discussion has been closed.