17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's great to find some active members doing this program. I just started yesterday and really enjoy the variety of foods you can have, especially the yogurt.

I see this more as a life time change than a quick fix. I truly hope I have as much success as all you here. today is day 2, cycle 1 for me and weigh in today was 178.2 with a goal of 155 for now. I wish I had weigh in yesterday but oh well..moving on now and will watch this group and appreciate all you who are doing this.
  • MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am growing zucchini in my garden and was so bumm to see that it was not on the Cycle 1 list of approve foods. But you show that it is...I didn't see it in the book..are you certain that it's an approved Cycle 1 food. If so, I will surly try this recipe.

I think you are right, but I will say I ate it the whole time. I have tons in my garden too, slowing down now. I think my thought was to not eat any starchy veggies at all during cycle one.
  • tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am growing zucchini in my garden and was so bumm to see that it was not on the Cycle 1 list of approve foods. But you show that it is...I didn't see it in the book..are you certain that it's an approved Cycle 1 food. If so, I will surly try this recipe.

I think you are right, but I will say I ate it the whole time. I have tons in my garden too, slowing down now. I think my thought was to not eat any starchy veggies at all during cycle one.

I can see you had lots of results so I am on the same page of you. Plus, it took months for me to start getting zucchii and it's finally here and I LOVE the stuff...I tried your recipe last night..very good!! Thanks for sharing
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/6276-17-day-diet-plan-challenge-jun-2012-
    here is the link to a group for this diet if anyone is interested in joining.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Day 12 Cycle 2..........

I love Sunday's.....they are my day to regroup, to see how my week went and to plan how the next week will be.

Today after 29 days of concentrating on my diet , eating as healthy as possible, sometimes eating ice cream because I want to and cheese because I want to, because it is NOT on the 17 diet diet. I am really proud of myself as I look at the scale and see 150 lbs .

This is too funny because it is always the number that I keep trying to beat. It has become my setpoint. 140 used to be my setpoint.

So today at the age of 50..yes 50 lol. Still sounds weird.

I am happy to be 150 and will work harder at breaking that setpoint to be 149 for a few days and work towards my goal of 140-145... I would like to be in that range and wear my comfortable 10's

YES 10's. I have been this size for most of my life. I Love it!!!

What I don't love...the fat roll I have on my back near my bra line and having a fat roll over my jeans. What I didn't love was reaching down to paint my toe nails and feeling this added flub that felt uncomfortable.

SOOO today on Sunday...I will continue doing 10 minute trainer each morning.

I will continue doing my best 80-90% at following this accelerate /activate days. On the 17 Day Diet....IT works for me and feels really good to be concentrating on how I feel more than the lbs I loose. It is a structure.

Again ..I LOVE SUNDAYS
  • icandoit63
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/6276-17-day-diet-plan-challenge-jun-2012-
    here is the link to a group for this diet if anyone is interested in joining.

Thanks.....
  • curly1980
    curly1980 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I started this today after spending hours on google last night. Cycle 4 is how I want to eat forever so thought I'd try this, being told 'you can only eat these things' works for me. My brain responds to strict rules so hoping i can stick to it.

50lbs to go...
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bump

Sounds like a good way to get into clean eating, see if I can manage been trying and failing to stick to clean eating for too long.

icandoit63 - thanks for sharing your journey!
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Cycle 2 Day 17.....2 more lbs removed officially 149.....
    Cycle 3 Day 1 starts tomorrow.
    CYCLE 3 means

.controlled amounts of protein, liberal amounts of veggies, 2 servings a day of natural starches-can add pasta now, 2 servings of fruit, 2 servings a day of probiotic or low fat dairy, optional snack like 100 calorie fugdcicle popcorn etc. plus optional daily serving of ETOH. if wanted.

Also to increase exercise to at least 30 minutes a day( I have been doing this or more, but the book recommends 17 minutes a day which sounds silly but remember is for people who are just starting)

Again love the structure......it is what is making it go well for me

New goal for the next 17 days is to get to that 145 mark but mostly to pull up my jeans to less of a flub roll over top my favorite size 10 skinny jeans......also to drink the water I am suppose to drink!
  • aliciabyrd65
    aliciabyrd65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My experience has been, the part that usually keeps me feeling full is the cleansing vegetables, plenty of lean protein, drinking plenty of water, green tea with every meal.

I started it about a week ago and have lost 4 lbs. I have cheated a little bit.

Hope that helps!

Alicia
  • icandoit63
    Options
    My experience has been, the part that usually keeps me feeling full is the cleansing vegetables, plenty of lean protein, drinking plenty of water, green tea with every meal.

I started it about a week ago and have lost 4 lbs. I have cheated a little bit.

Hope that helps!

Alicia
    Awesome Great job!!.....I lost total of 9 lbs so far. Starting cycle 3 tomorrow....is so easy to follow and stay focused
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Thought I should throw in my penny....
    This is day5 for me on this "diet" and I have lost 7lbs so far. I have been doing MFP since middle May and eat 1400calories a day. I decided, though I am changing what I eat in accordance to the 17 day plan I am still going to eat 1400calories a day. SO, it is NOT just about a calorie deficit! It truly is about what you eat too.

We recently started a very nice group for this program. Please join us if you are looking for an upbeat and active group. All of us in the group are new to this program. The group is "17 Day Diet - Lose 50lbs by 1/1/2014".

And yes, I agree with the person who said, you must read the book. Please don't do nasty comments etc if you haven't read the book. Each of us can loose the weight the way that suits us best. There is really nothing wrong wit this program. I feel wonderful and full of energy.

Best of luck to all of you.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Hi!
    Thought I should throw in my penny....
    This is day5 for me on this "diet" and I have lost 7lbs so far. I have been doing MFP since middle May and eat 1400calories a day. I decided, though I am changing what I eat in accordance to the 17 day plan I am still going to eat 1400calories a day. SO, it is NOT just about a calorie deficit! It truly is about what you eat too.

We recently started a very nice group for this program. Please join us if you are looking for an upbeat and active group. All of us in the group are new to this program. The group is "17 Day Diet - Lose 50lbs by 1/1/2014".

And yes, I agree with the person who said, you must read the book. Please don't do nasty comments etc if you haven't read the book. Each of us can loose the weight the way that suits us best. There is really nothing wrong wit this program. I feel wonderful and full of energy.

Best of luck to all of you.

Great Job ..thanks for the support...yeah funny how nasty people got :( keep it up and will check out your group:)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Cycle 3 day 1.......
    sounds funny to me but really enjoyed a fried egg....with 1/2 slice of toast..no butter needed, just enough to sop up the yummy yoke...

MINDFUL eating!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HarborLiving
    Options
    Awesome Thread! Way to keep the negativity at bay :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

What I don't love...the fat roll I have on my back near my bra line and having a fat roll over my jeans. What I didn't love was reaching down to paint my toe nails and feeling this added flub that felt uncomfortable.

I did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and that got rid of a lot of my issues (ie back fat rolls and lots on the belly) all while eating a modified cycle 2....almost cycle 4...but still in a deficet. I just found I HAD to eat first, wait 30-45mins then do the workout...
  • icandoit63
    Options

I did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and that got rid of a lot of my issues (ie back fat rolls and lots on the belly) all while eating a modified cycle 2....almost cycle 4...but still in a deficet. I just found I HAD to eat first, wait 30-45mins then do the workout...
    [/quot]
    My daughter has it. Might try it to see if I like it.

I am doing a modified cycle 2 since my vacation. I like the everyother day thing :)