How gross is fast food to you

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    When I walk by and smell the fries in the air I want to vomit. Said no one, EVER.

Stop lying to yourself and learn how to eat responsibly lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i love fast food.

lol @ supersize me being a source.

you know he ate 5,000-5,500 calories a day?
    I've never been able to figure out what the big deal is about this "documentary." He ate the worst things on the menu three meals a day for 30 days. Did he expect a different result? Did anyone?

Even when I ate fast food regularly, I didn't eat it THAT much! And I was thin and healthy, too. I mostly don't eat it now because of the vegetarian thing. Most of the veg options they have aren't very appetizing and I'd rather be hungry and wait for a better option these days. I only eat it when I have no choice (which has happened exactly twice).

hes a dope and a con. people saw him gain weight eating mcdonalds and all the negative effects it had on his body. well yeah...no duh. it always pointed out how much FAT and SODIUM was in his meals, but never how many calories he was taking in vs how many he needed.

that movie was all about the knee-jerk reaction.
    if im not mistaken there was a rebuttal film.
    There was. I can't remember the name of it, but I believe the guy ate fast food three times a day for 30 days, but a reasonable amount and he lost weight or something like that.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    i love fast food.

I've never been able to figure out what the big deal is about this "documentary." He ate the worst things on the menu three meals a day for 30 days. Did he expect a different result? Did anyone?

Even when I ate fast food regularly, I didn't eat it THAT much! And I was thin and healthy, too. I mostly don't eat it now because of the vegetarian thing. Most of the veg options they have aren't very appetizing and I'd rather be hungry and wait for a better option these days. I only eat it when I have no choice (which has happened exactly twice).

hes a dope and a con. people saw him gain weight eating mcdonalds and all the negative effects it had on his body. well yeah...no duh. it always pointed out how much FAT and SODIUM was in his meals, but never how many calories he was taking in vs how many he needed.

There was. I can't remember the name of it, but I believe the guy ate fast food three times a day for 30 days, but a reasonable amount and he lost weight or something like that.

It was Fat Head.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I find fast food repulsive. I have not consumed it in five years. The cure for me.....looking at a line at Mcdonalds.....The place that had 10 people in line, and 9 were morbidly obese... Im not saying that is the case everywhere or that fast food is the cause of obesity; Im just saying due to my experience I found fast food was not innocent.
    I could say the say the same thing about a line at a grocery store. Maybe we should just stop buying food altogether...
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It's delicious, period.
  • champ7289
    Options
    I was pretty much the same a couple of months ago. If my mind wanted me to order a pizza I could not stop myself from ordering no matter I was hungry or not. Along a host of other things that have helped me get off this addiction. One I think I should mention here is the power of visualization. When you are going through the weight loss journey (or just trying to get healthy) I believe it is very important that you implant a positive visualization in your mind as to why you want to reduce the weight. Whenever I get that fast food craving I just ask myself am I hungry for a pizza or am I hungry for food and believe me 90% of the time its just food.

I hate reading long posts and now I am writing one. LOL. One more thing that helped me a great deal was I made one of my old pictures (when I had 6 packs) my wallpaper on my mobile. So now whenever I pick up my phone to order junk food I first have to go through that picture. Addiction is mostly a mental thing mate. So just stay strong..
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    i love fast food.

It was Fat Head.

Also there was this dude - http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Nutrition professor who lost 27lbs in 2 months eating junk food. Mostly snack cakes and chips.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I find fast food repulsive. I have not consumed it in five years. The cure for me.....looking at a line at Mcdonalds.....The place that had 10 people in line, and 9 were morbidly obese... Im not saying that is the case everywhere or that fast food is the cause of obesity; Im just saying due to my experience I found fast food was not innocent.
    I could say the say the same thing about a line at a grocery store. Maybe we should just stop buying food altogether...

:wink: :drinker:
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Theres a great rebuttal on you tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNcpSKR3ZY

"During 2004 filmmaker Soso R. Whaley ate exclusively at McDonald's for the month of April. Unlike the results seen in "Super Size Me", the documentary "Me & Mickey D" demonstrates that you can lose weight and improve your health even while eating under the Golden Arches. Watch as Soso loses 40 pounds and lowers her cholesterol over 40 points during the period between April 2004 and April 2006."
  • rml_16
    Options
    Also there was this dude - http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Nutrition professor who lost 27lbs in 2 months eating junk food. Mostly snack cakes and chips.

Yep. And he had blood work before and after and it improved.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I find fast food disgusting. I have not eaten it in years. I'm also the mean mom who will not allow her children to eat a happy meal, or any food from McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's, etc........ full of GMO's and processed crap. Now whenever we pass a McDonalds, my 3 year old announces how yucky it is and that it's not good for you. - Yes, I'm PROUD of that!

I don't care what others do, you want to eat fast food 3x a day every single day, good for you. I don't judge people for it. My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt where I will put a spoonful of whatever topping I want.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I walk by and smell the fries in the air I want to vomit. Said no one, EVER.

Stop lying to yourself and learn how to eat responsibly lol

"Stop lying to yourself"?? Sounds like you are suggesting that because you like it everyone who says they don't is obviously lying?

Not eating fast food =/= not eating responsibly.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Of course we ALL know that fast food JUNK food is not healthy, nor good for us. Anyone who doesn't is in complete denial about it and wants to continue eating the crap and not owning up to the fact that it is slowly, but surely, going to kill them. I know, because I used to be one of those people. I knew it was bad for me -- there is nothing GOOD about the food!! But, I also couldn't help myself. But I've changed my eating habits and I've changed my attitude. I don't find it completely gross or repulsive, but I no longer seek it out. My kids were 5 years old before they even knew McDonald's existed, and they only found out because they were invited to another kid's birthday party there. We will very rarely eat at Wendy's, but that's it. I would rather make our own "fast food" (burgers on the grill and homemade roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes) than pay the extravagant price for the toxic crap they serve in those places.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I find fast food disgusting. I have not eaten it in years. I'm also the mean mom who will not allow her children to eat a happy meal, or any food from McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's, etc........ full of GMO's and processed crap. Now whenever we pass a McDonalds, my 3 year old announces how yucky it is and that it's not good for you. - Yes, I'm PROUD of that!

I don't care what others do, you want to eat fast food 3x a day every single day, good for you. I don't judge people for it. My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt where I will put a spoonful of whatever topping I want.

Lol and your diary is full of processed crap as well, pot meet kettle
  • rml_16
    Options
    My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt

Are you one of the people who thinks frozen yogurt is nutritionally superior to ice cream? Or do you just happen to like frozen yogurt?

And what's Smashburger?
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The only 3 "fast food" places that I have eaten at in the past 15 months include: Subway, Panera and Chipotle. I used to love, love, LOVE me some Wendy's (my all time favorite), McDonalds, Arby's, Taco Bell, etc. Now I cannot bring myself to go there. It's weird. I REALLY want to try Wendy's Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger and the past couple weekends I have altered my day to allot for those calories but when it times to actually go and do it, I come up with a ton of excuses not to and then end up eating something @ home. It's odd.
  • dj0jazzy
    dj0jazzy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Did you know mcdonalds uses leftover animal parts for their meat? Like chicken heads and feet. They don't use the "good stuff" I'm a vegetarian but yea it's gross.
  • dj0jazzy
    dj0jazzy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much grossed out by fast food but still find myself eating it occasionally.

I've cleaned up my diet considerably over the years, but the most beneficial thing for me was falling in love with horticulture. Learning about and growing my own food makes me feel productive, energetic, clean, fit, and empowered. The more I feel like that, the less I have any desire to put nasty things in my body.

If I find myself in a fast food drive through, it is usually a direct reflection of a recent separation between myself and nature.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Theres a great rebuttal on you tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNcpSKR3ZY

"During 2004 filmmaker Soso R. Whaley ate exclusively at McDonald's for the month of April. Unlike the results seen in "Super Size Me", the documentary "Me & Mickey D" demonstrates that you can lose weight and improve your health even while eating under the Golden Arches. Watch as Soso loses 40 pounds and lowers her cholesterol over 40 points during the period between April 2004 and April 2006."

The difference is the weight loss. Other than quitting smoking, there is very little that will improve the health of an overweight person more than weight loss. Morgan Spurlock was not overweight.