So, how did I lose the 225 pounds?

Replies

• MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Congrats! Great Story! Thank you for sharing! You are right on with the motivation and sustainability tip. My current motivation is my health, and showing my daughter that being healthy is important.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    " I was imprisoned and in turn I was imprisoning the two people I love the most." That sentence struck a chord with me. I have never thought of it like that but it's so true isn't it?

Good job on the weight loss. You look fantastic :drinker:
  • Thank you for sharing!!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    phenomenal! what motivates me is being able to enjoy outside activities with my husband
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Amazing story :) congrats on the weight loss and being able to do more with your family :)
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Wow! Thank you for sharing! You should be so proud of YOU!

So happy you're able to do the things you always wanted to with your wife and son!

Great dedication!
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    An amazing transformation and an amazing story- you look great.

My motivation is to feel whole- I love my life, the people in it, my job, my son, but I'm sick of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin and fidgeting with my clothes or sucking it in just to feel good when I am enjoying all the wonderful things life has given me
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Congratulations on your loss!!
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    what a great success story! i can relate in many ways! thank you for sharing and you look amazing!! =)
  • Congratulations on the loss.

Also on a side note are you sure your "real" motivation isn't that ladies hand pointing a gun at your "boys" in the bottom left picture :)

*edit I'm assuming ladies hand b/c nails look painted
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    I love your pictures, but I love your story even more. Those "AHA" moments are the best. I had mine when I was trying to find a solution (with my doctor) for my depression and told myself I would lose weight when I figured out how to correct the depression. I kept shoving food in my mouth and thought...what's the use? Then my moment came & I thought, who the hell am I to put things in that order? What do I know? So I told myself I would lose the weight, and *then* see what would happen with the depression.

My motivation is my health and my sense of pride that I am actually doing what I have set out to do.

Thank you for posting your pics & story. You are an inspiration!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Congratulations on the loss.

Also on a side note are you sure your "real" motivation isn't that ladies hand pointing a gun at your "boys" in the bottom left picture :)

OMG LMAO!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Awesome. Thanks so much for sharing :heart:
  • preciousme150
    preciousme150 Posts: 119 Member
    Truly and wonderful story, you look great...
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    I think you're right. It's not about the question, "Are you motivated?" but rather, the question is, "WHAT is your motivation?" Just as you said. I've been motivated to "want to look good" (whatever that really means); however, I haven't changed my lifestyle for THAT motivation ever. Oh yeah, I've done it before but gained it all back and then some, just like you.

My motivation became one about health. I was sick of not breathing well; being winded. I was sick of coughing (related to bronchial asthma - probably due to my weight). I was sick of being sick and tired. Something flicked in my mind and said, "ENOUGH!"

I am now on the road to hopefully losing 50lbs+. I'm doing it with exercise that works for me. I'm doing it with REAL food-healthy food and all without "deprivation." I have already seen improvement in my breathing and I'm not coughing nearly as much as I used to. It's not about LOOKING good as it is about FEELING good. I'm feeling good about my meager progress thus far, and where I'm going to get "there." And when I am THERE, the feeling good will translate into looking good. It all started the day something flicked in my mind. I have never been the same. I won't look back except to celebrate the road traveled.

Kudos to you. And spot on! Loved reading this testimony.
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Thanks for the inspiration! I agree- I am done with "diets" and ready to start actually making a lifestyle change!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    "So, my question to you is "What motivates you?"
    My answer to your question.........is people like you!! :smile: Fantastic achievement, well done :flowerforyou:
  • mrdmevans
    mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
    Congratulations on the loss.

LOL, finger was off the trigger, and the slide was back. I felt pretty safe :)
  • dgehring07
    dgehring07 Posts: 3 Member
    Amazing!
  • mrdmevans
    mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
    My motivation became one about health. I was sick of not breathing well; being winded. I was sick of coughing (related to bronchial asthma - probably due to my weight). I was sick of being sick and tired. Something flicked in my mind and said, "ENOUGH!"

I am with you on this one! Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!