A poll to convince my a**hole boyfriend he's wrong

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is an unbelievable douche, and an idiot.

No, it's not possible.
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dump him and you will lose the dead weight of him! Your bf sounds like an idiot! There's a lot more better men out there. Believe me I went though some losers before marrying my husband .
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of someone losing 100lbs in 4 months. I suppose it is possible, but healthy and realistic? Not a chance! If it is a lifestyle change for you, you will learn more and earn more character if you go through this slowly and learn along the way anyway. Your boyfriend sounds like an idiot.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a *kitten*. Although on the other hand perhaps he is also trying to show you that 'anything is possible'. Often that attitude can help a defeatist. Not saying you are, and I don't support what he's said. But thats probably his reasoning. Almost like "yeah you can totally run a marathon, just try hard". You might not do it, but at least you try and get as far as you can thinking you might actually do it.

Still....put him in his place.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sure you can. Cut off two legs. Can be done in 24h :-)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Unless you're on The Biggest Loser, living on a several thousand calorie deficit daily, and working out endlessly, this is a crazy idea. In fact, I'd argue that it would be a very bad thing to try (for your health) without some serious medical supervision. You could, as he says, "go hard," but you'd probably injure yourself. Hard. No offence, but your boyfriend sounds like an idiot.

I'm going to assume he didn't mean this as a harsh thing and your use of *kitten* was more funny that because you're ticked off at him...and not go the other way like most of the responders. If this is true, just laugh it off and tell him to get real! You're not on Biggest Loser or Extreme Weight Loss - nor should you be. It may take you 5 or 6 years to lose it...the important part is that you're working on getting healthy.

This reminded me of a talk I had with Hubs when I started a few years ago. Told him I finally decided my goal was to lose 100 pounds, which would put me at just under 160. He was like "that's great but why don't you try for 125?". I laughed my *kitten* of at that. Yeah, sure, at 125 I would literally be skin and bones (LBM is 115-120)!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    He knows he's wrong :laugh:
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You need a new boyfriend.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've seen it happen, but only on a TV show similar to biggest loser where they spent all day working out and didn't eat enough to sustain that level of exercise. They also had a ton of excess skin. I'd never ever recommend something like that.

In a healthy way, even when "going hard" in the gym - it's not going to happen. I wouldn't even bother trying. Lets say it did happen (very very unlikely) you'll probably feel like crap, have way more excess skin than if you'd taken it slowly, and end up more likely to gain lots back afterwards, plus lose a ton of muscle, making it harder to "tone up"

If you think this is through ignorance, you can try and educate him on the way the human body works. If you think he's saying this to pressure you, or change who you are (fast) I would not want to be with someone like that personally.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Of course there is a way. It requires a surgeon and a scalpel, though. I would imagine each leg weighs a good 25+ lbs.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Is it physically possible for a woman to lose 100 pounds in 4 months??????????? I mean, of course there is the "you never know what can happen" and blah blah blah, but I'm speaking REALISTICALLY. He assures me that if I "go hard" in the gym everyday, that there is NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to do it. This is his way of "motivating" me. Pssssssssshhh.

Thoughts?
    tell him to stop watching the biggest loser and to stop acting like a big loser
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    STOP THIS RIGHT NOW !!!

WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS WHEN I GET HOME !!!

NOT COOL !!!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    if by 'go hard' he means, with a chainsaw... cutting off a large portion of limbs from your body.. then yeah that's probably the only way to lose 100lbs that quickly.
  • Jayrod7681
    Options
    I work out 5-6 times a week, typically running 3-4 miles a day and I have lost 74 lbs in 8 months. I don't see how 100 in 4 months is possible. Maybe if you just gave birth and lost all the baby weight?
  • littlebee26
    Options
    commiserations on your crappy boyfriend
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Is it physically possible for a woman to lose 100 pounds in 4 months??????????? I mean, of course there is the "you never know what can happen" and blah blah blah, but I'm speaking REALISTICALLY. He assures me that if I "go hard" in the gym everyday, that there is NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to do it. This is his way of "motivating" me. Pssssssssshhh.

Thoughts?

Amputation.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Dump him!! It's bad enough that he wants you to lose the weight, but to suggest you can do it in such an unhealthy way means,
    1, He's totally stupid, and
    2, He doesn't love you as you are.
    My husband has always loved me through really, really, fat to skinny and back again! Lol!!
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    sure dump the boyfriend over the next four months...

BOOM....

100+ pounds gone in less than four months

footloose and fancy free too!!!

I can't see a negative at this point.\

oh and it's HEALTHY!

This.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You would have to cut and work off 2916.6666666667 cals a day! (check my math...1 lb = 3500 cals so 100 lbs = 350000 and devide that by a typical month (30 days x 4 months) = 2916 and change. A healthy but high count of 2 lbs a week is 104 lbs a year and that is cutting around 500 cals a day and working off around 500 cals a day. BUT some people can do it....extreme make over contestants do it BUT they have doctors, dieticians and no jobs/kids/life.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Tell him you'll lose 100 lbs in 4 months if he gains 100 IQ points in the same time, then pack up and leave. You don't need someone like that as your cheerleader.