A poll to convince my a**hole boyfriend he's wrong

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Is it physically possible for a woman to lose 100 pounds in 4 months??????????? I mean, of course there is the "you never know what can happen" and blah blah blah, but I'm speaking REALISTICALLY. He assures me that if I "go hard" in the gym everyday, that there is NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to do it. This is his way of "motivating" me. Pssssssssshhh.

Thoughts?

OP, pls do tell, is it you who wants to loose 100 in 4 months and your boyfriend is trying to tell you that you can do a lot if you try hard or is it your boyfriend telling you to loose 100 in 4 months?
  • Me_vs_obesity
    Options
    Impossible unless you weight about 10000 pounds.
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    YES it is possible.
    The body can burn 32 cals per lb of fat a day.
    To lose about a 6.5 lbs a week you need a deficit of 3250 an day
    Assuming you need to eat aprox 2000 to function you would need burn 5250 cals a day.

So you would need an excess of 164lbs of fat and do cardo 6 or 7 hours a day.

Become a cycle courier. :P
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    hmm... does your boyfriend weigh 100 pounds?

if he really cared he's research before pushing you into some crazy diet.
  • markraj
    markraj Posts: 3
    Options
    Is it physically possible for a woman to lose 100 pounds in 4 months??????????? I mean, of course there is the "you never know what can happen" and blah blah blah, but I'm speaking REALISTICALLY. He assures me that if I "go hard" in the gym everyday, that there is NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to do it. This is his way of "motivating" me. Pssssssssshhh.

Thoughts?

I've seen an episode of the Biggest Loser and yes it is possible to lose 1lbs a day provided you are 350lbs or more and have huge amounts of water-retention.

Alas to lose that kind of weight you'd need a job that require you to run around all day or no job at all so you could be exercising all day while eating very little.
  • ameryati
    ameryati Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They guy is an idiot! Are we at the Biggest Loser ranch?
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that there are some serious problems in the relationship if you have to start an online poll to "make a point".

agreed
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    How about, try?

I'm not saying starve yourself or push yourself beyond exhaustion. I'm saying, get out there and try to lose weight, maybe 100 is not reachable in 4 months but if you get out there and give it your all who knows how much you could lose.
    Weight is caused by multiple things if you're going by the number. I have lost 5lbs off the scale within a weeks time from water weight and other factors.
    If you eat a healthy diet and get moving your weight is going to change. So get out there and see how much you CAN lose in 4 months.

Good Luck!