It Erks my nerves when...

Options

Replies

• FeleciaMiller
    FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Someone is eating and they make the MOST NERVE WRECKING NOISES....humming, grunting, slurping, and SMACKING. I
    JUST WANT TO HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT SO THEY CANT MOVE IT.

i do it on purpose sometimes to piss people like u off. u mad?

Never mad just would like to hold your mouth shut. :wink:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Cracking knuckles or other parts of your body, makes my skin crawl

What if I can't help it? I'm a creaky, noisy *kitten* sometimes. I have noisy *kitten* joints. Can't sneak up on NOBODY barefoot :sad:

ETA: Oh, and I'm a serial SLURPER. Love to SLURP to the last drop.
  • MikeDasTrainer
    Options
    Iregardless is not a Eff'n Word!!!!!

All this^ and "I could care less"
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

All this^ and "I could care less"
    It's not a word, but if it were a word, it would be "irRegardless."
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The statement of "muscle weighs more than fat" no it does not!
    A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle!!!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    People that use the QUOTE feature in forums!

haha...
    sorry :)
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Serously, it makes me cringe when I hear that word.

^^^^^^THIS!! This one drives me NUTS!!

This is a little different than the other complaints; however, I find that the "duck face" trend is what is going to cause me to become unglued. I just want to slap them when I see the pictures all over Facebook!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HahnTBeth
    HahnTBeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When people "pop and smack" their chewing gum or crunch ice, especially when they are sitting right next to me, I just want to slap them!!
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Someone is eating and they make the MOST NERVE WRECKING NOISES....humming, grunting, slurping, and SMACKING. I
    JUST WANT TO HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT SO THEY CANT MOVE IT.

i do it on purpose sometimes to piss people like u off. u mad?

Never mad just would like to hold your mouth shut. :wink:

would not let! u cant stop my gainz
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Can't standdd it
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    crunch ice, especially when they are sitting right next to me, I just want to slap them!!

Hard boiled sweets + kids = boom-headshot.jpg
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a Hippie but Poor T-Bar row form and poor Deadlifting form....It crawls my blood!!!!!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    crunch ice, especially when they are sitting right next to me, I just want to slap them!!

Hard boiled sweets + kids = boom-headshot.jpg

iyd4eh.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Your title says Erks my nerves... it really should just be. It really gets on my nerves, or it really irks me when... or even it really annoys me when...

irks my nerves just... no. Things like this irk me beyone belief.

And spelling errors in novels. I sent a letter to an editor once because of the novel I was reading, I included a copy with every spelling error and incorrect punctuation in the novel.

When people have to post/comment more than once to get their point across! You're Point was well token,
    That seriously IRKS me. :wink:

tumblr_lyksz2AVxE1qco00yo1_500.gif

Oh there you are. Have you chosen colors yet?

Right now I'm seeing lots of colors, but let me think about it. I really love purple! Like, maybe different shades of purple on eeeeverything. Whaddaya think?

Purple is my favorite color. A nice deep purple. Or maybe that's the smoke talking to me. I could have a purple cummerbund and tie. Like this:

Cummerbund---Purple-263847.jpg

Oooh, I like that! And I'll wear something like this:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe3Zj7ToJGO5zh2Z2AA7zZ9fRnhifSxnoBk1K47AmUw0a0cNhvLR8D07Jem1E&usqp=CAY
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Misophonia, hurray!
    (Wikipedia) Misophonia, literally “hatred of sound”, is believed to be a neurological disorder characterized by negative experiences (anger, flight, hatred, disgust) triggered by specific sounds. The sounds can be loud or soft. The term was coined by American neuroscientists Pawel Jastreboff and Margaret Jastreboff and is often used interchangeably with the term selective sound sensitivity. Misophonia has not been classified as a discrete disorder in DSM-V-TR or ICD-10.

People who have misophonia are most commonly angered, and even enraged, by common ambient sounds, such as other people clipping their nails, brushing teeth, eating, breathing, sniffing, talking, sneezing, yawning, walking, chewing gum, laughing, snoring, typing on a keyboard, whistling or coughing; certain consonants; or repetitive sounds. Some are also affected by visual stimuli, such as repetitive foot or body movements, fidgeting, or movement they observe out of the corners of their eyes. Intense anxiety and avoidant behavior may develop, which can lead to decreased socialization. Some people feel the compulsion to mimic what they hear or see. Mimicry is an automatic, non-conscious, and social phenomenon. It has a palliative aspect, making the sufferer feel better. The act of mimicry can elicit compassion and empathy, which ameliorates and lessens hostility, competition, and opposition. There is also a biological basis for how mimicry reduces the suffering from a trigger.

I just had a massive laughing fit. The word after yawning. I read with an 'n' instead of an 'l'. Very funny when read unexpectedly!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I react the same way when people say "conversate."
    IT'S "CONVERSE" DAMN IT!
    Ooh yeah, this would make me want to claw somebody's tongue out of his head if I heard it. What I do hear -- and oh my goodness, does it make me crazy -- are "remediate" (remedy) and "administrate" (administer). I'm a fairly low-key, laid-back person, truly, but these "words" prompt violent thoughts. And naturally, everyone in my office uses them on a daily basis. :explode:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Serously, it makes me cringe when I hear that word.

THIS!
  • smantha32
    Options
    And spelling errors in novels. I sent a letter to an editor once because of the novel I was reading, I included a copy with every spelling error and incorrect punctuation in the novel.

Typos here and there don't bother me (as an editor, I know you can't catch everything) but when a small press publishes a book, they really don't edit at all and it can be AWFUL. Really, really, really awful.

Even worse is that all seven Harry Potter books are FULL of grammatical errors. Full of them.

So are the Twilight books. ugh.

Some of the small press books I've downloaded on Barnes and Noble are awful beyond awful..barely able to be read.
  • smantha32
    Options
    Also, more specific to here, people who substitute "the process of no longer being a lazy lard-*kitten*" with "my journey".

LMAO.. I agree completely. :laugh:
  • smantha32
    Options
    I work at a college, and students are always having loud, animated phone calls( usually on speaker) in the restroom. YUCK! Yes, even while on the toilet! First of all, it's rude to engage in loud personal phone calls in public, secondly it kind of violates my privacy...yeah, now my 'business' can be heard on their speakerphone! If this relates to you: Please just quick say that you will call them back and HANG UP! It is a public R E S T R O O M and it is not an emergency !

not to mention the things you're touching as you're touching your phone. GROSS.