Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group!

Options

Replies

• cassieinor
    Options
    Hey Stephanie, that's pretty exciting! Can't wait to hear a report on your surgery date. Hope it's soon.
    I also wondered where everyone has gone....seems like we're stuck on page 13 for at least 3 or 4 days now. Maybe everyone is chatting personally instead of on the group......idunno.
    Keep coming back....
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Hey Stephanie, that's pretty exciting! Can't wait to hear a report on your surgery date. Hope it's soon.
    I also wondered where everyone has gone....seems like we're stuck on page 13 for at least 3 or 4 days now. Maybe everyone is chatting personally instead of on the group......idunno.
    Keep coming back....
  • TinkerLuv
    Options
    Well Stephanie...ur a step ahead of me. I feel kinda' the same way so I sort of sent an email to my surgeon w/some words that helped to get me additional info on what steps I need to take. I've decided on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG); won't do the Roux-En-Y...too invasive & family members have had problems w/severe anemia. I'm too hoping to have this done b4 the yr ends (fingers crossed). Keep me posted & best wishes!
  • TinkerLuv
    Options
    Hello, all. First post ever on this site and I'd love to part of this group. Started just a few days ago and I am loving this community. I can FEEL the change coming on! I have to lose tons of weight... well, not really... but I do have to lose more than 100. I know I can do it and I'm hoping you all can keep me on track.

BTW... is this all I need to do to add the group? Thanks in advance from someone who's not to tech savvy.

Welcome! This is a great community of people who are on the same journey. You can post here or be added as a friend. The MFP family are helping to keep me on track, stay motivated, & give great advise. Best of luck!
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cass and Tink. I'm pretty excited as well. Found out last night that my adopted dad met with his doctor yesterday and he will need to lose 20 lbs, but should be hearing from the surgeon's office soon. He said that they were short on people wanting the surgery so there are a lot of openings? This being due to the fact that the surgery is expensive and a lot of people do not have good ins that will cover the surgery. My seminar is next week and I will tell ya'll all about it!! I can't wait!!!!
  • krklstephi
    Options
    LOOK!!!! We made it to page 14 finally!!!!! LOL
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to our New People ! Thanks for having the courage to step up and join up!
    One lady said she was discouraged that after a week she had gained a pound. Well sister, don't be sad. You will get on track. Part of the problem may be in counting calories and finding out some of the hidden calories. I was here for a month before I lost ONE STINKING POUND!!!! But now the weight is finally coming off.
    Another lady asked if there was anything to do to join this group and the answer is NOTHING. Just befriend people, LOTS of them!!! And read this forum often for the support :cry: :sad: :blushing: :laugh:
    A third person, a while back, had the best suggestion, which was, should we have a WEIGH-IN-DAY !!!!!:noway:
    I AGREE WE SHOULD !!!! Now, how do we decide what day???? I HATE weighing in on the weekends, my Favorite day is Friday, I could also do Wednesday.

SO LETS HAVE A VOTE FOLKS: FRIDAYS OR WEDNESDAYS OR ANOTHER DAY. Please Vote and the day of the week that receives the most Votes by next Tuesday (?) (would that be enough time?) will be the day we report our weight loss.
  • whitet3
    Options
    Hi I am new here, did sign up in Jan of 2010 but do much with it, so I am back. Trying to lose 150 pds. Have tried almost all the diets out there, I am tired of being out of shape. I want a better life for my self. My biggest problems is at night or on weekends when I am home. I have control during the day. But when I go home it all goes out the door. So I am here, today is day 3 of me change my lifestyle. So Hi!
  • krklstephi
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to our New People ! Thanks for having the courage to step up and join up!
    One lady said she was discouraged that after a week she had gained a pound. Well sister, don't be sad. You will get on track. Part of the problem may be in counting calories and finding out some of the hidden calories. I was here for a month before I lost ONE STINKING POUND!!!! But now the weight is finally coming off.
    Another lady asked if there was anything to do to join this group and the answer is NOTHING. Just befriend people, LOTS of them!!! And read this forum often for the support :cry: :sad: :blushing: :laugh:
    A third person, a while back, had the best suggestion, which was, should we have a WEIGH-IN-DAY !!!!!:noway:
    I AGREE WE SHOULD !!!! Now, how do we decide what day???? I HATE weighing in on the weekends, my Favorite day is Friday, I could also do Wednesday.

SO LETS HAVE A VOTE FOLKS: FRIDAYS OR WEDNESDAYS OR ANOTHER DAY. Please Vote and the day of the week that receives the most Votes by next Tuesday (?) (would that be enough time?) will be the day we report our weight loss.

I'll vote for Friday. I used to weigh in on Mondays so that I had to be good during the weekend so I didn't overeat and gain during a weekend :)
  • whitet3
    Options
    Wednesday are the best I think
  • whitet3
    Options
    Do we have any challenges going on for the Holidays?
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Ditto Stephanie.....wondered if we'd get to 14 too. We'll be waiting to hear from your surgeon too.
  • cassieinor
    Options
    My vote is MONDAY WEIGH IN. If I know I'm gonna get on that scale on Monday, I'm less likely to blow off my weekend making bad choices. Keeps me more on track for the weekend.
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Guess that's about it for page 14 tonite. I need to try to get to sleep. I'm sure it won't be much sleep cause we have our 6 month old Granddaughter sleeping in the bed between my husband and I......no crib at Grandma's yet. So I might be checing in in the middle of the night if I can't sleep. Goodnite all!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    So I'm just amazed there's nobody posted on here since late last nite......did everyone leave town or what??? Oh well.....so much for getting past page 14. Not much to say tonite....just checking in. Hope everone is doing well.
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Can I join this group? :)
    and I vote for a Friday weigh in.
    Right before the weekend (when you may have a few oopsies), and at the end of a (hopefully) focused week :)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday, and I had lost 2 lbs! So I've been a MFP member for 30 days and lost 10 lbs! I love the little victories!!!
  • krklstephi
    Options
    Good morning!! So yesterday we had a fundraiser yard sale. I am team captain for our StepOut Walk to Fight Diabetes Team, so I felt it necessary to be at this yard sale as much as possible, it all really depended on how much my son could handle. So, I ended up being there all day. I worked from 7am to 6pm. I did set up (most of the stuff was at my place) and I did tear down.It rained alllllll day!!! By the time I got home I was so tired. After sitting for a few minutes the pain began. I ended up sleeping 12 hours but woke up very stiff. Agenda for today: laundry and lounging around in my sweats and relaxing. Gonna make chicken n dumplins for dinner tonight. My son asked if I'd make pancakes for brunch because apparently I "make the bestest pancakes in the world" and "every restaurant should hire me for my pancakes" lol they are bisquick pancake mix LOL I may add either bananas or blueberries to some of them and see how he likes them. And of course turkey bacon on the side. It's gonna be a quiet day, well it should be!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Stephi - wow - your son is a little con - with that appeal for pancakes - and your a real sweetheart to make them for him. I can understand why your joints hurt after working that garage sale in the rain and having to tearing it down afterwards too. You must have a big heart!.

Its starting to sound like people want to weigh at the end of the week. I have an idea :love: Lets start posting our weight on the day of the week we want to and then move the date forward or back until we find a date we are happy with. We really all don't have to manditorily (?) weigh on the same day, just announce it here on the forum so we can share our news. That way we can congratulate each other no matter what. :flowerforyou:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday, and I had lost 2 lbs! So I've been a MFP member for 30 days and lost 10 lbs! I love the little victories!!!

Congrats Kminor67 for your great determination. I am so happy for you!