Breaking Bad

Options

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see how it all ends! Anyone think that Walt will die but his "legacy" will continue through Jesse or Walt Jr.?
  • justlast
    justlast Posts: 30
    Options
    i'm really wondering if hank will kill himself. i hope not - he's my favorite! - but man, that would be a rough thing to realize. :/
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It is arguably the best series I've ever watched. We're gearing up for the new season by re-watching Season 5 right now.

I'm still perturbed by Mike's death though. He was my favorite character, by far, in terms of the guy just doing what he does and being good at it.

Jessie has grown on me. He's not particularly bright but he woke up and his street smarts are improving, and even though Walt has played him, I do think he'll catch on this coming season.

I'm completely meh on Hank. He's a bit of a d-bag, but he's bright and figuring it out. His loud mouthed approach just gets on my nerves I guess. My opinion is bound to change on him.

And Walter and Skyler deserve each other. They're a match made in hell. I was very sympathetic to Walt for a while, but he's lost me.

ETA: I can't stand Saul. He's the epitome of the lousy and unethical lawyer.
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I definitely can't wait, I think with only 8 episodes left there are going to be some shocking moments. Its sad that such a great series is about to come to an end but I think its going to go out with a bang and not a whimper. So excited for tomorrow night :)
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Jesse doesn't kill him if he finds out his girl friend and the poisoning of the boy. I miss Mike:sad:
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I read a review of Sunday's episode - luckily no big spoilers. But they gave it four out of four. And said something shocking is going to happen - more shocking than Hank figuring out that Walt is Heisenberg.
  • Kilokato
    Kilokato Posts: 33
    Options
    Watched every episode three times now. I've been waiting for tomorrow for what feels like five years.

Can't wait!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i'm really wondering if hank will kill himself. i hope not - he's my favorite! - but man, that would be a rough thing to realize. :/

im sure we've all noticed the forshadowing that leads to a Hank suicide but i just dont buy it. its just not in his character.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    BEST POSSIBLE ENDING:

Walter goes into witness protection, which becomes the beginning of "Malcolm in the Middle."
  • BeachIron
    Options
    BEST POSSIBLE ENDING:

Walter goes into witness protection, which becomes the beginning of "Malcolm in the Middle."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have a problem. Breaking Bad is one of my all time favorite shows. . . But since it last aired, I have broken up with cable. How can I get my fix? This cannot end good for Walt. I do not expect them to kill any babies on the show! I feel like Holly is safe. I do not think Hank will confront Walt, I think he will find a way to confirm first. Only time will tell. What do the cable free do about Breaking Bad? How and when do you watch it? I can't be the only cable free fan of the show.
  • seendie
    seendie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No Cable - www.primewire.ag

Enjoy!!
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Can't wait, its my favourite show of all time

Walking dead is pretty close and just started Game of Thrones
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    iMuPbdBobiv9n.gif
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    iMuPbdBobiv9n.gif

Funniest scene ever !
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Does Walt kill Skylar? interesting theory from someone on Reddit.

"In Breaking Bad, Walt has a habit of taking on some little traits of the people he has killed.When Walt killed Crazy 8, he started cutting off the crusts of his sandwiches — just as Crazy 8 had done.

Gus drives a Volvo. After Walt kills Gus, at the beginning of Season 5 (at the Denny’s), Walt is driving a Volvo (w/ NH plates).

When Mike and Walt meet at a bar in an earlier season, Walt orders his drink neat while Mike has his on the rocks. After Mike is killed, and Hank offers Walt a drink in his office — he asks for it on the rocks.

At that same scene at Denny’s, Walt arranges his bacon into his new age. Someone else used to do that. On top of that, he’s using Skyler’s maiden name on his fake ID.

Based on his history of picking up traits from his victims — I believe Walt is going to murder Skyler before the series is over, and it probably had already happened before he showed up at the Denny’s in the Season 5 cold open."
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    so everyone dies? :D

Ozymandias - As Read by Bryan Cranston: Breaking Bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Okay, I've finished re-watching the first part of Season 5, and I'm a little less "sympathetic" (for lack of a better word) to Mike as a pro just doing his job. Fring died and Mike just couldn't get over it. He also pushed every button he could that Walt has (think of the "just because you shot Jessie James, doesn't make you Jessie James" line when they were splitting up the proceeds of their first cook together). Great line. Bad move.

I'm a little disappointed that the show is ending here, because there's an entire empire that Walt could build and continue. It would make a better build up to an ultimate fall, and entertain me in the process. :sad:
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Laces Out, I love those carefully crafted theories!!! I hadn't noticed that Walt cut crusts off after he killed that guy, and I didn't notice that he used Skye's maiden name in that (fleeing the country???/ going on a trip to Mexico to attend to business???) scene! I don't believe it, but it's a good one!

Beach, I think Mike kept his mouth shut time and time again. I believe that he understood Walt like no one else and desperately wanted Jesse to see what he saw. Mike knew Walt's weaknesses like no one else, and he knew Walt was capable of losing his cool ( like he when he killed Mike) . I loved it when Mike told Walt off shortly before he was killed, it was so perfect and true:)
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not. I lol so hard at everything Saul does. I would watch the hell out of his show.

I like the theory about everyone around Walt dying.... interesting. He keeps saying he's in it for his family but let's face it, he just has too much pride over being Heisenberg. Everyone talks about hating Skyler and Marie... are you telling me people actually still LIKE Walt? He's kinda deplorable at this point. I lost all respect for him after he killed Mike for no good reason, my favorite character!

eta: OOPS spoiler alert but you should prob stay out of this thread if you're not caught up, especially since it's about the show and the final season is starting in a couple days... just sayin'

a saul goodman show would probably be a prequel. that way you can have people like Mike make cameos. so he could still die in the last eps.

and regardless if people like walt or not you dont want to see him die until near or at the end of the show. killing skylar and/or marie at any point will only make the show more enjoyable :D

ha, love the idea of the show being a prequel. that way Gus would still be in it, too. that guy creeped me out so much but you have to admit his character (and the way it was played - that actor is great) was really great. and of course, Mike!!!
    Does Walt kill Skylar? interesting theory from someone on Reddit.

"In Breaking Bad, Walt has a habit of taking on some little traits of the people he has killed.When Walt killed Crazy 8, he started cutting off the crusts of his sandwiches — just as Crazy 8 had done.

Gus drives a Volvo. After Walt kills Gus, at the beginning of Season 5 (at the Denny’s), Walt is driving a Volvo (w/ NH plates).

When Mike and Walt meet at a bar in an earlier season, Walt orders his drink neat while Mike has his on the rocks. After Mike is killed, and Hank offers Walt a drink in his office — he asks for it on the rocks.

At that same scene at Denny’s, Walt arranges his bacon into his new age. Someone else used to do that. On top of that, he’s using Skyler’s maiden name on his fake ID.

Based on his history of picking up traits from his victims — I believe Walt is going to murder Skyler before the series is over, and it probably had already happened before he showed up at the Denny’s in the Season 5 cold open."

omggggg that is fascinating. I'm gonna go and rewatch that scene now. I did notice the sandwiches and the drink on the rocks, but didn't even think about the bacon. I was too distracted by his hair to notice the maiden name also. I was thinking that he was doing his own bacon because Skyler was dead, but not because he'd killed her.
    Okay, I've finished re-watching the first part of Season 5, and I'm a little less "sympathetic" (for lack of a better word) to Mike as a pro just doing his job. Fring died and Mike just couldn't get over it. He also pushed every button he could that Walt has (think of the "just because you shot Jessie James, doesn't make you Jessie James" line when they were splitting up the proceeds of their first cook together). Great line. Bad move.

I'm a little disappointed that the show is ending here, because there's an entire empire that Walt could build and continue. It would make a better build up to an ultimate fall, and entertain me in the process. sad

I loved that line too, but yeah, pushing Walt's buttons was a little arrogant and careless, especially when the guy had just managed to bring down Gus of all people. Still, Mike's complete and utter disgust for Walt at the end there was so so great. I love that he respected Jesse because even though he has been a dumb junkie for pretty much the whole series, the kid does have heart and he has a conscience. Walt is a freaking psychopath at this point. When he killed Mike he was less upset at the fact that the guy died for no reason than that he had made a mistake ("I could have gotten the names from Lydia"). Walt hadn't planned out and calculated his every move for once and he was just bummed that he got sloppy. My friend said that the guy finally seemed guilty but I disagree! I would love for the show to continue but I just hate Walt so much at this point I gotta see this guy get what's coming to him.

Really though.... am I the only one who likes Marie??? I felt bad for her when Hank was being so cranky, she really was just trying to help and I can't believe how patient she was. I thought the klepto thing was an interesting character development. I get how people would think she's annoying but I don't mind her at all. Skyler on the other hand.... whoever said she and Hank were a match made in hell is so right on, lol. She's smart but I just can't get behind her at all.