Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• want2lovemybody
    Options
    All the skinny models at the gym :) (Until thats me :) )
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The damned loud music and speakers dotted around gym (always rubbish being played), so interferes with your own music on ear phones...
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1) Where I go, we have an actual track, and the weight room is in perfect view of said track, so the guys in the weight room line up to watch the women jog by.
    2) People who jog/walk side by side on the track so you can't pass them if need be.
    3) Old guys with short, loose running shorts who are basically deliberately trying to flash everyone.
    4) Those same old guys wearing their loose running shorts to the yoga class.

You seem to be looking VERY CLOSELY at a certain area! :laugh:
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The women who come to the gym with perfect make up, do 20 mins on the treadmill, take a #gymlife selfie and leave, but while they are there stare at you like your a ****ty woman cause your hair is a mess and your sweaty as hell from your workout, and make snide comments about women doing weights.
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    I just moved to Los Angeles and i've tried out about 8 different gyms to decide which one to go to, and the common theme here is no one ever re-racks their weights. That rustles my jimmies more than anything.

Also when people aren't even near the weight/bench/machine/squat rack that they're using then you assume it's open and then they come out of nowhere and say they weren't done using it

You must have been to my gym! Lol We're neighbors. That drives me batty.
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I hate when every bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc in the gym is empty and someone comes to the one right next to the one I'm on

^^THIS IS THE WORST!! i don't know why it bugs me so much.
    When people look over at the machine im on to see how good I am doing instead of worrying about themselves!

^not a fan of this one either.
  • feathers20
    feathers20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The women who come to the gym with perfect make up, do 20 mins on the treadmill, take a #gymlife selfie and leave, but while they are there stare at you like your a ****ty woman cause your hair is a mess and your sweaty as hell from your workout, and make snide comments about women doing weights.

THIS!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2) People who jog/walk side by side on the track so you can't pass them if need be.
    3) Old guys with short, loose running shorts who are basically deliberately trying to flash everyone.

These two.

As well as when I'm the only one using the track, which has 4 or 5 lanes, someone else comes along and jumps into the lane I'm using. Even when I'm only like 15 feet behind them. Then I'm forced to go around cause I walk much faster.
    I have a preferred lane, someone else uses it when the others are free, I'll go around them, but I'm cutting them off to get back on it.
    Hijacking lanes when the track is dead = not cool.

Also when little groups of people decide that because there are only a few people on the track it's fine to stand in the middle of the lanes chatting. Seriously, just get the *kitten* off the track and socialize elsewhere.
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    people throwing dumbells/plates everywhere!:mad:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    *stinky people - "clean" sweat is fine. wearing the same shirt every day and not showering/doing laundry in between? not so much. If I can be bothered to shower every morning before the gym, and put on freshly laundered clothing, then so can you.

*people who just *sit* on a machine staring in space for 20 minutes and when you dare to ask them if they are finished they suddenly start working out.

*those who don't put back weights.

*the guys who take off their shirts to admire themselves in the mirror. i know you want to see your muscles, but *I* don't.

*the guys who wear too tight shorts with too short shirts. seriously dude, your old gym clothing from HS is not going to fit over your 50something YO beer belly.

*people who have screaming conversations across the room. shut up or work out on treadmills next to each other.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Curls in the squat rack.

Only way to get a pump
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Same here buddy, those old men with their sacks hangin, YK!!! LMAO:noway:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    *stinky people - "clean" sweat is fine. wearing the same shirt every day and not showering/doing laundry in between? not so much. If I can be bothered to shower every morning before the gym, and put on freshly laundered clothing, then so can you.

*people who just *sit* on a machine staring in space for 20 minutes and when you dare to ask them if they are finished they suddenly start working out.

*those who don't put back weights.

*the guys who take off their shirts to admire themselves in the mirror. i know you want to see your muscles, but *I* don't.

*the guys who wear too tight shorts with too short shirts. seriously dude, your old gym clothing from HS is not going to fit over your 50something YO beer belly.

*people who have screaming conversations across the room. shut up or work out on treadmills next to each other.
    WOW, Anything else e can do for you?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    People who are texting while I'm waiting for a machine

People curling in the squat rack

People not re-racking weights

Form hippies omg
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    People who change the handles on things like the lat pull down machine then don't put it back. For shorties like me this is really annoying. Also those people who take the rope handle and all the other handles over to the double weight machines (not sure what they are called) so no-one else can use them.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I hit the Gym at 3am. One day i'm going to catch the lazy fkr that leaves the EZ bars on the floor, and the Smith machine loaded. -.-

Garlic girl, that comes in once in a while and hits the treadmill next to the fan, so i dry reach through my Cardio workout. -.-

Groups of Teens that come in and horde the Machines for the next hour. Spend more time flexing than actually doing anything, while the rest of us have to look for alternatives.

The giant fat *kitten* monster that does 1 set, then walks around the weight room for the next 10mins trying to intimidate everyone.

Other than that, i love my Gym :P
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    Machines where it looks like someone just took a shower whilst working out, wipe it down before you leave, no-one wants to workout in a puddle of someone elses bodily fluids!! :sick:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I hate when 2-3 people are working out together and take up 1 piece of equipment for 20-30 minutes taking their turns or chit chatting in between for a long time. Once these 3 guys were using the leg press and left 6 plates on either side. Then they all went to the bathroom together for like 10 minutes. When they didnt come out i un racked those plates myself and did my set. He gave me such a look when he came out...now he gives me dirty looks like i dont belong there or whatever.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    When some people turn off the AC during a fitness class to sweat more. People have actually slipped and fell because the room got so sweaty and wet.

and one time the AC broke down at the gym. Hot Lifting...it sucks.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The abominably bad music - its enough to make anyone's ears bleed.

Sweat drenched equipment.

That class of vermin that continues to wear the same unwashed gym gear they've been in since the beginning of the year.
This discussion has been closed.