Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    When girl look messy,no make up,hair in a gross ponytale,ect. come on ladies:angry:

:noway:
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    O. M. G. Just had a guy (who was about as big around as my wrist) pop me on my butt and tell me I needed to increase my weight in order to maximize my leg workout. He forced me give him my sweetest "go f#}% yourself" smile. Couldn't help it--had to pop him back and tell him to lead by example.

I have no problem with helpful advice but A) don't really like random strangers touching me and B)how about be able to show some degree of success first!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    When girl look messy,no make up,hair in a gross ponytale,ect. come on ladies:angry:

Wow, er don't ever come to my gym then lol. My philosophy is it's not about how you look in the gym, it's about how the gym makes you look the rest of the time. So yeah, I gradually sweat off my makeup and my hair frizzes up with heat and moisture and my face gets red (especially when I lift), but in my experience you get a lot more respect from the serious athletes there if you're not primping and applying mascara but working your *kitten* off.

That's why they make waterproof makeup

Last time I wore waterproof mascara, it gave me chemical burn on my cornea. Sorry, not gonna wear it to please your visual sensitivities. SMH.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When the entire row of treadmills is available and that one person decides to use the one right NEXT TO ME! :noway:
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly short, so when I have to unrack someone's barbell that they left at about the height of my head on the squat rack, I get a bit annoyed. :grumble:

Edit: I don't always wear makeup to the gym. I really don't see the need. I'm presentable but for crying out loud I'm there to work out not pick up!
  • Mekatluvr
    Mekatluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hate when people stare at you in disbelief that you would actually take the time to work out. I don't know if that happens to anyone else, but it makes me uncomfortable. It's like they're saying go back to that couch you were sitting on.

This

Oh my yes this one! But I no longer care. I'm there for me, and besides, I always out perform the one who's looking over my shoulder. I may be chubby, but I can work it! lol
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When they place a gym machine right under the cold air-conditioning unit... and is freezing... making you so cold... :mad:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I hate when the roid heads scream while doing their sets.

Well, I don't know about "roid heads" or "screaming". To look at me, you'd never know I even work out (at least not yet), BUT I have been known to grunt rather loudly on difficult rep. It helps somehow. :wink:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly short, so when I have to unrack someone's barbell that they left at about the height of my head on the squat rack, I get a bit annoyed. :grumble:

YES! I'm only 5'0" tall. Never mind, that it's just incredibly rude not to put things back the way you found them. Were they raised in a barn?
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    A little bit of glancing around is normal - HATE the starers/lurkers/creepers.

Im sure its been said but when the gym is pretty empty & the person manages to work out directly beside or behind me.
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    girls wearing make-up
  • tonytedesco
    tonytedesco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love working out, playing basketball and looking at women at the gym.....but the number one thing I hate at the gym is when cats try to have convos in the locker room while they are naked.......this dude was trying to have a convo about Breaking Bad wit me today....I'm like dude wtf get dressed....

Especially when you're in the sauna. and their towel "oooops" falls open. EEEEK!
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    girls wearing make-up
    I'm guilty of that but only because sometimes I don't wash my makeup off at night :p
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    girls wearing make-up

I wear make up because I go after work
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    forgetting my earphones and some random dude curiously talking to me and asking questions about me and my family......then 3 days later, bringing me a family health care proposal package. NEVER forgot my earphones again after that day
  • NewJack718
    NewJack718 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love working out, playing basketball and looking at women at the gym.....but the number one thing I hate at the gym is when cats try to have convos in the locker room while they are naked.......this dude was trying to have a convo about Breaking Bad wit me today....I'm like dude wtf get dressed....

Especially when you're in the sauna. and their towel "oooops" falls open. EEEEK!

You feel my pain!!!
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I hate when your trying to focus on your workout, and someone is staring at you and you feel uncomfortable so you don't wanna finish what you're doing
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was using the treadmill a while back, buddy comes on the treadmill, first off smells bad. I'm okay with smelling like you've been working out, but MAJOR B.O , than he let out a MASSIVE fart.............I had to get off my treadmill it smelt so bad.

Aside from that , badly equipped gyms.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i hate when i'm benching and some swole bro walks up and tea bags me.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My #1 thing (subject to change on a daily basis) is when people stay on their machine between sets. It's simple, people:

1) Do your set.
    2) Get off the machine.
    3) Linger by the machine so people know you're not done, but that you're making it available for them to get a set in between yours.

There. Do that.
This discussion has been closed.