Options

Replies

• CubanSammich
    Options
    I love these topics

Let's see...

1. Curling in the squat rack
    6. Not re racking the weights

I always train with and he does curls of 135 4x8 never re-racks because all the other *kitten* who squat warm up with that paperweight.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    The gym itself. I prefer to workout at home because I'm very insecure. That and it seems like people can be very impolite at the gym. I realize that there's always good with bad and that there are some GREAT gyms out there, but the one that I have available to me (yes, there's only one, it's a small island with crazy traffic) has some real jerks in it and it's only open for a short time. But at least they keep it EXTREMELY clean. I was definitely impressed with that. Maybe when I get a bit braver I'll give it another try. Or when we move again.
  • SophK90
    SophK90 Posts: 56
    Options
    Probably hypocritical, but its the sweaty, panting person on the equipment in front of you...
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I love these topics

Let's see...

2. Unracking my weights while I am there
    3. Talking on the cellphone while sitting on the bench
    4. Circuit trainers who take 5 sets of dumbbells and leaves them on the ground while they go run around the gym
    5. People who don't wipe their equipment after use

PLEASE tell me you've seen the BroScience "rookie mistakes" video. If not, watch it. I think you'd really enjoy it.
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    @cubansammich

Really?

How tall and weight?

73 in
    231 as of this morning
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    the guy who stalks the machine like a predator.
    he slowwly walks around the machine, and then adjusts the weights, sits down and stands up.
    jumps around a little and sits down only to do like 5 reps
    then he gets up and looks at the machine.

drives me bonkers!
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    I love these topics

Let's see...

2. Unracking my weights while I am there
    3. Talking on the cellphone while sitting on the bench
    4. Circuit trainers who take 5 sets of dumbbells and leaves them on the ground while they go run around the gym
    5. People who don't wipe their equipment after use

PLEASE tell me you've seen the BroScience "rookie mistakes" video. If not, watch it. I think you'd really enjoy it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxyKGD7sU
  • ladybosie
    ladybosie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Also, I've got to make a comment about the clothing--particularly the yoga pants remark. If you're serious, then I'm afraid my response to you is no. No woman is obligated to dress a certain way for the sole purpose of indicating to you whether she is up for fulfilling anyone's sexual needs.

My rule is: If you're comfortable in it, and you're not showing anything obscene (see my earlier comment about older guys in loose, short running shorts), and you can work out in it, wear it. It's no one else's business. Only when it gets to the point where someone's junk, whatever junk that may be, is popping out and within sight, would I have a problem with it.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    There's this guy at my gym who is the epitome of obnoxious. He hisses and grunts on EVERY lift, throws weights to the ground (not just drops them - he THROWS them), listens to his music via the speakers on his phone. The worst part is the pep talks. Between sets, he'll go over to the mirror, stare at himself deeply in the eyes, and yell things like "WE GO HARD!" "WE GOT THIS." "WE ARE STRONG."

This is an apartment complex gym. Quiet down man, it's a tiny space.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The gym itself. I prefer to workout at home because I'm very insecure. That and it seems like people can be very impolite at the gym. I realize that there's always good with bad and that there are some GREAT gyms out there, but the one that I have available to me (yes, there's only one, it's a small island with crazy traffic) has some real jerks in it and it's only open for a short time. But at least they keep it EXTREMELY clean. I was definitely impressed with that. Maybe when I get a bit braver I'll give it another try. Or when we move again.

Aquarabbit, I'm with you. Once I got comfortable working out at home, I'm never going back to the gym. Rude customers, employees, over capacity problems, people there to socialize and park on the equipment. Don't miss it at all.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Squatting in the curl rack.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Los Angeles and i've tried out about 8 different gyms to decide which one to go to, and the common theme here is no one ever re-racks their weights. That rustles my jimmies more than anything.

Also when people aren't even near the weight/bench/machine/squat rack that they're using then you assume it's open and then they come out of nowhere and say they weren't done using it

You must have been to my gym! Lol We're neighbors. That drives me batty.

Hahah nice, I joined 24 hour fitness and have been going to the one in Torrance and I'm really starting to regret it. I get more and more pissed every time I go. It's constantly crowded 24/7 and weights are all over the place, and I can never get a squat rack because people camp in it and are using it for just about everything other than squats. Seems like no one is there to actually lift. The one in Long Beach is garbage and the one in North Torrance is even worse so idk what to do.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Squatting in the curl rack.

strong repost
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm there at O'dark:thirty AM and so I miss all this wonderful stuff!

I need to start doing that....I workout in my apartment building and get tons of stares from people getting on and off the elevator while I'm lifting. Don't look at me like that! Get your happy *kitten* in the gym with me!!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Here's something else that I don't think was brought up. it's not what goes on at the gym what goes on in the parking lots. Thieves know that you are not going to be carrying wallets, purses, valuables, etc on your person when you work out. In the town where I live, there are high rates of theft in Fitness Center parking lots. My cousin had his wallet, credit cards, identity, etc stolen right out of his truck and check this out, he parked right in front of the facility where the front desk clerk could see the whole thing. (the little dip#hit claimed he didn't but after a police investigation, he was in on it.). The surveillance cameras were conveniently not working at the time because he turned them off.

Another good friend of mine was shot on her way to back to her car by some thugs but luckily she survived.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    knobs that load up 5 machines with tons of weights so that others can't use them; then leave all the weights on when they've finished with them
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    @cubansammich

Really?

How tall and weight?

73 in
    231 as of this morning

Good job, ho$$
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I hate the people who stare at me like a leper when I want to work out at the free weights. It's unnerving.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Jackoffs that stare at women who work out.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    When I knock my water all over the floor, people that take forever on the bench press. guys the hang their towel on their shoulder when CLEARLY it should be around their waist and people that come to the gym for attention.
This discussion has been closed.