Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• CassiHutchings
    CassiHutchings Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've always been "invisible" in life. In high school people ran into me all the time as if I wasn't there. Take this and multiply it by 10...that's gyms for me. I've almost been knocked down the stairs before! IDK what it is about gyms, but I'm extra invisible to fellow gym goers...
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Mine is the gym's own group of personal trainers that continuously bother me and try to get me to sign up for their sessions. I say that I'm not interested each time, but they stop me on the way out when I'm covered and sweat and out of breath, and will do so almost each time I go to my gym. Since I have social anxiety I stopped going for a while. I'm back in and haven't run into the same ones yet so here's hoping they stopped bugging!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    OP's Post:
    and looking at women at the gym.....

I hate people like you at the gym. Being looked at is such a big pet peeve- not just from guys, but I hate feeling like I'm being watched.

The gym is not for you to go and ogle women. It's a place to focus on YOU and your health goals. :grumble:
  • Mytwogirls
    Mytwogirls Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Guys moaning while they're on the treadmill next to me. REALLY....it's THAT exhausting?! Sweat pouring off and them not wiping it off the machine too!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    If there is one thing for me to hate about the gym, then i have to say that they are not open 24 hours a day so i could even go to there at nights when i have trouble sleeping

Yeah that would be handy.
  • UhohDanny
    Options
    There's this guy at my gym who is the epitome of obnoxious. He hisses and grunts on EVERY lift, throws weights to the ground (not just drops them - he THROWS them), listens to his music via the speakers on his phone. The worst part is the pep talks. Between sets, he'll go over to the mirror, stare at himself deeply in the eyes, and yell things like "WE GO HARD!" "WE GOT THIS." "WE ARE STRONG."

This is an apartment complex gym. Quiet down man, it's a tiny space.

Haha oh dear I don't think I'd be able to workout with him in the same gym without laughing. Also with the pep talks I don't know why but I imagined him doing the Cool Runnings pep talk - I see pride! I see power! I see a bad *kitten* mother that don't take no crap off of nobody!!

By far one of the best movie pep talks ever.... might be right behind the Miracle pep talk
  • smantha32
    Options
    When girl look messy,no make up,hair in a gross ponytale,ect. come on ladies:angry:

Wow, er don't ever come to my gym then lol. My philosophy is it's not about how you look in the gym, it's about how the gym makes you look the rest of the time. So yeah, I gradually sweat off my makeup and my hair frizzes up with heat and moisture and my face gets red (especially when I lift), but in my experience you get a lot more respect from the serious athletes there if you're not primping and applying mascara but working your *kitten* off.

That's why they make waterproof makeup

Yeah.. NO. I'm not wearing freaking makeup and doing my hair to go to the gym. Not happening.
  • smantha32
    Options
    girls wearing make-up
    I'm guilty of that but only because sometimes I don't wash my makeup off at night :p

Start making an effort to take it off. Sleeping with makeup on will ruin your skin long term.
    I have a friend who always did that... still does in fact. She has skin like a lizard.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Not being able to talk to all the hot women!
  • smantha32
    Options
    1. ninjas
    2. scary clowns

I can live with ninjas. Those f#cking clowns need to push off.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    The abominably bad music - its enough to make anyone's ears bleed.

^this, i usually don't worry about much. but when i go to my gym with a lifting buddy or without headphones, it's either Shania Twain/Taylor Swift country or Brittany Spears/disco love songs. think i'd get more pumped hearing the treadmills squeelin. then of course i walk out unwillingly knowing words to all the songs
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I hate when people have tons of farkarounditis on a piece of a equipment that I'm waiting for. I ask and they say "a few more sets and we're done with the squat rack" and go back to chatting and doing their curls.

Go squat in the curl rack then

I do not fit in the curl rack.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    6795000_700b.jpg
  • smantha32
    Options
    6795000_700b.jpg

Would that even work? lol :laugh:
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love the gym tbh, I hate the unisex loos.. Does that count? Lol

Unisex loos??? WTH! :noway:
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    girls wearing make-up

I wear make up because I go after work

Lettuce be real here, you'd wear makeup even if you didn't have work before.

Yup, I put on my fake eyelashes too :eye roll:
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When girl look messy,no make up,hair in a gross ponytale,ect. come on ladies:angry:

Wow, er don't ever come to my gym then lol. My philosophy is it's not about how you look in the gym, it's about how the gym makes you look the rest of the time. So yeah, I gradually sweat off my makeup and my hair frizzes up with heat and moisture and my face gets red (especially when I lift), but in my experience you get a lot more respect from the serious athletes there if you're not primping and applying mascara but working your *kitten* off.

That's why they make waterproof makeup

Yeah.. NO. I'm not wearing freaking makeup and doing my hair to go to the gym. Not happening.

Me neither. I work out at 0530 THEN go home and shower to get ready for work.. NO way am I putting on makeup twice. Not there to p/u guys anyway :noway:
  • Ninguneado73
    Options
    Dudes who use 4 or 5 different machines/weights at the same time while texting, chatting and flirting with girls....this happened at my gym last week...for the first time I considered buying my own equipment....and curling in the squat rack!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    1.) Curling in the squat rack

2.) People who don't RE-RACK THE DAMN WEIGHTS
  • mrswilliams2uuu
    mrswilliams2uuu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    the guy that tried to get my number and now watches every damn exercise i do like a pervert:huh: :huh:
This discussion has been closed.