Best/Favorite concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Live music is pretty much better than everything else in life... but I say Andrew W.K. every single time. Dancing on stage, after party with his band, pretty hard to beat. Party Hard!
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Frankie goes to Hollywood
  • ValerieS1122
    ValerieS1122 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eddie Vedder
    Foo Fighters
    Blue October

I love Blue October! Going to see them again in less than a month :-)
  • ValerieS1122
    ValerieS1122 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been to Papa Roach 3 times and Hollywood Undead 4 times and they were all awesome.

Ah so jealous! I LOVE Papa Roach. Was supposed to go see them last year but they ended up cancelling the show the day of because he strained his vocal chords :-(
  • Andimadx
    Andimadx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Massive Attack at the Wiltern 3 years ago in L.A.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    AC/DC sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great!!!

Smashing Pumpkins

Guns n Roses

David Garrett was amazing
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have been to Papa Roach 3 times and Hollywood Undead 4 times and they were all awesome.

Ah so jealous! I LOVE Papa Roach. Was supposed to go see them last year but they ended up cancelling the show the day of because he strained his vocal chords :-(

me too
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bjork! because she is my favorite! :heart: :heart: :heart: but truthfully radiohead bc i got to stand in the pit and i mean.. it's radiohead.
  • EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Tied between Snoop Dogg and Cobra Starship/Friday night Boys But that May change. Going to 3 concerts this week!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd Experience in Adelaide (200?) a New Zealand Pink Floyd cover band that are perfect right down to the finest detail, If you closed your eyes and just listened you could easily picture Pink Floyd themselves playing, this particular concert they did the entire Wall album, then returned this year with the entire Dark Side of The Moon 40th anniversary album the best bit is they don't just play the music they have the same staging setups, lighting, backing singer actions even the jumbotron like Pink Floyd did as i said down to the finest detail

Second fav, Van Halen with Sammy Hagar in Adelaide 1996ish. been to other concerts b4 and this was the first time a band i'd heard were note perfect and it was a great show all round

My fav band of all time Metallica shoulda taken second plance but the two times i've seen them here the sound was awfull, offkey and off timing between the drums and everyone else, atleast from a viewer perspective, cant entirely blame them tho the place they played in was small for them and the crowd wasn't what they were use to as far as noise level. But if a cover band can perform perfectly for 200 people in a tiny ex movie theatre you'd think a global band could put on a good performance in a small stadium housing around 5000
  • lesley964
    lesley964 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm getting on a bit so there are a few!!!!!!
    Neil Young a few weeks ago, for my son's 15th birthday I took him to his first "big" gig (he played in a band so had seen lots of small gigs and this was long before Youtube etc so I took him to Neil Young he must have secretly loved it as he is now 30 (nearly) and he repaid the favour. It was awesome! at 68 he was still belting it out with Crazy Horse.
    Best Gig however will always be Queen in 1979 at the now demolished Glasgow Apollo.....what a show
    Biggest regret....not being allowed to go see Led Zeppelin play at Knebworth (At the time I couldn't understand why my dad would not let his 15 year old daughter go with her 20 year old cousin and a load of his biker mates to a gig almost 500 miles away!!!)
  • akmom40
    akmom40 Posts: 12
    Options
    Pink Floyd!
  • kazryb
    kazryb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters with Tenacious D as the support act. Just perfect
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    Steel Panther were brilliant!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a few, but the times we've seen REO Speedwagon (my husband and I, now 3 times) have been my favorites!
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Neil Young a few weeks ago, for my son's 15th birthday I took him to his first "big" gig (he played in a band so had seen lots of small gigs and this was long before Youtube etc so I took him to Neil Young he must have secretly loved it as he is now 30 (nearly) and he repaid the favour. It was awesome! at 68 he was still belting it out with Crazy Horse.
    Best Gig however will always be Queen in 1979 at the now demolished Glasgow Apollo.....what a show
    Biggest regret....not being allowed to go see Led Zeppelin play at Knebworth (At the time I couldn't understand why my dad would not let his 15 year old daughter go with her 20 year old cousin and a load of his biker mates to a gig almost 500 miles away!!!)

Hahahaha...I think now that we are parents, we TOTALLY get it now...right?
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Hahahaha...I think now that we are parents, we TOTALLY get it now...right?

Love it! Biggest regret for me is not seeing Queen with Freddie although I did get to see them later on. Missed the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert as well since my French exchange partner arrived that evening and I had to be there to meet her :(

Favourites included the Little Angels farewell show at the Royal Albert hall, Metallica at Donington, Madonna at Wembley, many of Terrorvision's shows, Prince at the O2, Bon Jovi and others at Milton Keynes...
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    The concert in my 8pm shower!!! A lil bit of everything from hoobastank to 50 cent magicstik..
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    U2 - Zoo TV - August 28th 1993 Dublin is probably still my favourite as my first big concert. Wasn't a huge U2 fan before but they are something else live.

I was there too with my mum who was a huge U2 fan at the time, I remember the crowds walking back from the gig afterwards as we went back to our hotel. Great show!
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Buffett.. Great fun time.