What are your "no-no foods"?

Options

Replies

• andypandy1109
    andypandy1109 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    not a fizzy pop fan and i dont beleve it is good for you.

.i do not beleve in cutting out any food groups whatsoever as you depleate your mineral and vitimin stock..

:noway: .this is a good way for a binge to get under way....:: :noway:

however that said i am talking about proper food and not processed which i beleve should never be eaten by man ever as they add that many preservatives the only life it extends is the shelf....lol
  • MrsSpindler
    Options
    There are some foods that I cannot control my self around, like cookies, chips, and soda. I try to stay away from those. I do like to include a variety of good foods and bad foods in my diet so I don't go crazy!
  • StillStrugglin
    StillStrugglin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of posters writing that they eat everything in moderation. That is a super good idea. "A wide variety of foods as close to their natural state as possible" seems good too. (Nods to La Leche League.)

But if the OP has any sort of ED, like me, there are definitely trigger foods she may want to abstain from. I can be a binge eater (during times of stress) so I do my absolute best to abstain from crackers, chips, cookies, bread, bagels, potatoes... anything where the sugar goes directly into the bloodstream. Because once that part of my brain lights up, I`m cooked. I`ll eat the entire bag in one sitting (whatever it is). So I never keep those foods in the house.

I also can`t drink soda, fruit juice, or eat anything with icing on it without feeling like I`m gonna die, due to gastric bypass surgery 8 yrs ago.

That being said, there are days I stop and buy myself a bagel on the way to work. I say to myself, "I need to do some emotional eating to face the day". LOL!! :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Nothing cause for me it's a lifestyle change not a diet :}
  • 0110Charlotte
    0110Charlotte Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anything high in trans fat. Mainly my favourite cookie in the entire world Purity Jam Jams (0.5 grams each!). Other than that, I eat what I like in moderation.
  • 0110Charlotte
    0110Charlotte Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. I just hate it. It is *not* a good substitute for mashed potatoes, pizza crust, etc. because it's freakin' CAULIFLOWER and it's gross!

Okay, I've been holding that one in for months. :drinker:

Yeah I tried a recipe once that was supposed to be a mashed potato substitute with mashed up cauliflower instead. Just NO. NASTY.

I Tried it too- NASSSTAAAY! haha It was a sad meal that night lol
  • michelledfoster
    Options
    Broccoli and cauliflower.
    They are disgusting vile weeds.
    [/quote

Booooooooooooooooooooo. Broc and cauli are delish. Its carrots that are the devil's vegetable. :devil:
  • natwallace94
    natwallace94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My "no-no foods" are defiantly ice cream and cakes.
    and also for the time being, pasta.
  • jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Alcohol & doughnuts. They both repeat on me!
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I try and exclude my trigger foods and that's it. And if I DO eat them I don't beat myself up over it

Sugary and baked goods (YUMMMMM)
    Snacky foods: chips, crackers, salty goodness

I do best of a "eat close to the same thing(s) everyday" kinda plan and it keeps me more satisfied and not wanting my No No foods. But everyone is different.

I hope that get to the point where I can eat in moderation and don't trigger my binge on goodies switch.
  • littlebee26
    Options
    I assume you are losing weight? I think its perfectly fine to adopt a strategy of cutting out some foods to lose weight. As long as you are aware that this cannot be forever. You will still have to find ways to include all the foods you love in your diet whilst maintaining. Jees, everyone has jumped on the opinion that staying away from certain foods whilst cutting is a terrible thing?? On it like a car bonnet!!! Anyways, whilst cutting I avoid dairy, fruit, bread, takeaways, sweets, crisps..... all junk food. Why do I do this? Because it works for me. I still get all the calories I need. They are good, clean calories and I get rid of body fat at a speedy rate whist retaining my precious muscle. Its a system that works for me. Bulking phase on the way soon though. I find that more difficult if I'm honest. Anyhooooooo.............queue the haters!!!!!!
  • feathers20
    feathers20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here's what I have decided to exclude from my diet:

- All junk food
    - Pastries
    - White bread
    - Any meat besides fish
    - Sugar
    - Pasta
    - Noodles
    - Juice
    - Soda pop
    - Condiments (ranch, mayo etc.)

What would you list as foods that you no longer eat?

If you cut foods out then you will feel like it is a diet and not a life-style - so you are more likely to fail. I eat all those foods in moderation, if it fits in my daily allowances then why not! And if I know I'm going to be naughty, then I'll exercise more that day!
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I limit no food except wheat ,chocolate ,cookies and cakes because I am a diabetic. Everything else as long as it fits within my daily limit!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Potato chips. I havent eaten them since 2011 and I know the last day I ate them. I have long since stopped missing them.

My trigger food is pasta but I still eat it in moderation.
  • michelledfoster
    Options
    As an aside, I bought my daughter a pop tart from a local store that stocks US candy the other week (they're not commonly available in New Zealand). I had a small bite just to say I'd tried one and frankly I couldn't believe it was even classified as food.!And don't even get me started on twinkies and those cookie dough bite things! :tongue: *hides* :glasses:
    [/quote]

A sweet shop near me has started selling twinkies (UK)...I really don't get them...are they really as popular as I'm led to believe?
    [/quote]

Im from the US and don't much care for either Twinkies or Pop Tarts. Now, Hostess Ding Dongs...........THAT is another story altogether. Those are pure heaven on the tongue. Love at first bite.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The only no no's are things I don't like......but I think, as I 'm getting older..or perhaps 'cause of a life time of yo yo dieting, fad dieting...I wonder if my body is become intolerant of white breads, in particular French bread, which I love the taste of. :sad:
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Soda, of any kind, even diet.
    And fresh baked french bread... beacuse I'll end up eating half of the loaf.

I consider myself lucky, I'm not really into sweets of any kind. Not a fan of ice cream or cakes. It's just the darn fresh baked breads that get me!

Once in a while I give in and half a piece but REALLY have to watch it if there is an entire loaf in the house.

Mmm...fresh baked bread. My husband isn't going to appreciate it, but I'm about to put our bread machine into storage. I know I'm not making any for me, and I'd rather not have it around. (I do eat bread--just not the fresh baked, at least not in my own house...with the whole loaf...and butter...)
  • magmom10
    magmom10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    same here! I LUV bread, especially just baked and they sell it at the grocery store every day. It is a trigger food for me too! So, I have to make an effort not to pass by that isle.
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bread, whether it's white or brown - just doesn't like me, BLOATS me no end!

Avoid deep fried foods where possible too :bigsmile: