Options

Replies

• mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Diet soda
  • Timothy1962
    Options
    Oh, boy, I could make a list of what I have discovered should be my "no-no" foods. Actually, quiet obvious but when you are just bombarded with so much advertising. Then having been used to eating just anything that strikes your taste buds not worrying about consequences. Still even though they are in your face every time you look in that full length mirror! Soda has to top the list, then fried foods like french fries, throw in those packaged snacks of all those starches that just go to your waist are at the top of my list!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I only exclude foods that I don't like to eat such as cabbage or cauliflower. Otherwise, if it's yummy for my tummy, I Eat the Food.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Here's what I have decided to exclude from my diet:

- All junk food
    - Pastries
    - White bread
    - Any meat besides fish
    - Sugar
    - Pasta
    - Noodles
    - Juice
    - Soda pop
    - Condiments (ranch, mayo etc.)

What would you list as foods that you no longer eat?

Good Luck with that. I prefer to live life and say everything in moderation. I do not allow certain foods in my house (e.g., Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey) because I have no self control at times but I would absolutely enjoy a small serving of it every now and again. And while I never say never I have found good substitutes for things I used to eat like instead of butter in mashed potatoes I use a dash garlic salt -> it adds flavor not calories and fat.
  • noos2mee2
    noos2mee2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Anything made with white flour or sugar and things that are fried I try to eat only occasionally.
  • softballislife7
    softballislife7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    #iifym seriously... what else do you have left?
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    - meat (I'm a vegetarian)
    - any and all refined carbs
    - anything with MSG in it
    - chips --- I can't stop at just one
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    As soon as I tell myself that I can't have it, I want it.

Even if I told myself I couldn't eat cow tongue, I'd probably want it just a little bit.

So, ya. No "no-no" foods.

Beef tongue is delicious.
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    chocolate (sugar), white bread & pastries
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I try not to cut anything that i enjoy out of my diet but I do avoid full-fat coca-cola as much as possible. Any full-fat fizzy drink in fact. I would much rather use those calories on cake :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have not cut out anything completely. However I now rarely eat fried food, do not use much mayo-just dont' want to waste my calories on it, not that big to me. Cut out creamer and Starbucks those are now treats for me. IF I really want it fit it into my day. This is how I will stay motivated and keep going, cutting out foods does NOT help me at all.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Citrus foods due to allergies. Same goes with MSG and caffeine.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Only foods I don't like. I'm having seafood alfredo and turtle cheesecake for dinner, and I'm STILL going to be 90 calories under!
  • Erica6130
    Erica6130 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and cauliflower.
    They are disgusting vile weeds.

Same here the smell of Broccoli and cauliflower makes me want to puke!!!:noway:
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Nothing really.
    I only avoid foods I don't like and just have less of the high calorie ones I do like.
  • Erica6130
    Erica6130 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :wink: I am so willing to join the "just say no to cauliflower group" there is nothing tasty about it yuck yuck!!!
  • beastbulker
    Options
    I gave up all carbonated sugary drinks and processed junk.

Other than that, I'll eat anything and everything within moderation.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Once I went to a 4 of July fair in Dallas, they were selling fried oreos, fried butter, fried snickers, fried everything...

That would go to my no-no food.. Because it's just wrong...

I think the State Fair of Texas is trying to set some kind of record as to what kinds of weird @ss things they can serve fried. I can't wait to see what it's going to be this year. I sort of would like to try a fried oreo though. LOL
  • smantha32
    Options
    Cauliflower. I just hate it. It is *not* a good substitute for mashed potatoes, pizza crust, etc. because it's freakin' CAULIFLOWER and it's gross!

Okay, I've been holding that one in for months. :drinker:

Yeah I tried a recipe once that was supposed to be a mashed potato substitute with mashed up cauliflower instead. Just NO. NASTY.

I Tried it too- NASSSTAAAY! haha It was a sad meal that night lol

I threw mine away and made some fettucine alfredo instead. lol
  • smantha32
    Options
    Potato chips. I havent eaten them since 2011 and I know the last day I ate them. I have long since stopped missing them.

I've noticed when I cut them for a long time, and then go back and have some they aren't as good anymore. I don't know how to describe it. Like the fats they're made with have congealed or something. They leave a grease slick on your tongue.