Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you consider your "maintenance" weight?

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    I bounce around between 136 and 138.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    115 to 120. If i get to 125 I start to watch my intake better.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'd say 5lbs in either direction. My goal is 135 so 130-140 would be fine by me.

Same here, same range, too. But how I feel and how clothes fit is more important. I've gone as high as 145 thanks to medication/hormones, and wasn't happy with how I looked and felt, so I'm working on shedding a few again. Below 130, I start to look a little too thin, especially in the face.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    130 was my original goal, and like others I'm okay +/- 2 lbs. I'm at my original goal, but now I've decided I'd like to be just a wee bit smaller (1-2% BF less), so my new goal is 125. But that will be the min. So using the same logic my goal is 127 +/- 2 lbs.

Stats (because otherwise it doesn't mean a whole lot, imo): 5'5.5" female, 37, 20% BF.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Plus/ minus 5 lbs :smile:
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    + / - three pounds
    Today, I'm a half pound under goal
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    I give myself a leeway of 3 lbs either way. I find that 3 lbs isn't too overwhelming to take off/put on, nor does it really show when I gain it/lose it. My ideal weight is 160 so I weigh myself once a week and if I'm 1-2 lbs over or under, I just keep doing what I'm doing (a lot of that is water weight anyway, I sometimes weigh myself two days in a row and it will fluctuate). If I'm 3 lbs over I up my exercise and cut out the occasional treats and if I'm under I increase the healthy fats I'm eating and maybe throw an extra piece of bread in there or have some whole wheat pasta for supper.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    I am 102 and that is a good weight for my height and body frame. I only give myself 2 lbs +/- ; but I feel and look better with less than with more.

I am happy that my weight doesn't fluctuate much, even on vacation, so I was able to stay and keep my maintenance for 2 and half years.
  • Right now, my goal is 200 (I am 6'6" so might seem high for some of you). I am doing P90X right now, so I may end up lower or higher than that, My ideal weight will change based on how I feel and how I look. Some of the guys I play basketball with expect me to end up around 225, so its more about the healthy body than the number. Once I find where I want to be, then I will probably try to stay withing 5 lbs, but only change my diet if I am outside of that range multiple times since my weight can change more than 5 lbs in a day (its happened).
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    I would say 188lbs, 12% body fat, "10"
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Do you try to maintain your weight at one specific number?
    Do you give yourself a little leeway taking into account different variables that can affect weight?
    And if so, how much? A pound? Two? Five? More?

Depends on your normal fluctuations. I usually only fluctuate by about 2-3 pounds. (104-109 would be maintenance for me, right now) So, anything outside of that, I might look into my diet/activity to see if it's just out of the norm fluctuations, or an actual weight gain/loss.
  • Between 130-135 is my maintenance weight. Fluctuation is normal depending on water retention and a few other things. If I go over the 5 pounds then I knuckle down.
  • 130 is a weight I can maintain effortlessly, if I want to get any lower than that it takes some effort. I'm more concerned with maintenance bf % than a number on the scale. I fluctuate +/- 5 lbs, but as long as my body fat percent stays near 24% I'm happy :)
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    125-128 is my goal. keeps me at a normal BMI
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    Weight shouldn't be the number you're looking for, it's actual body composition that matters.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I'd give myself a 3-5lb window because that seems to be the normal range of fluctuation for me.
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    136 @ 5'7". I let myself go +/- 2lb. As weighed first thing in the morning.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Weight shouldn't be the number you're looking for, it's actual body composition that matters.

At 5' 7.5" and 118# would my body composition be "wrong"?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Right now, my goal is 200 (I am 6'6" so might seem high for some of you). I am doing P90X right now, so I may end up lower or higher than that, My ideal weight will change based on how I feel and how I look. Some of the guys I play basketball with expect me to end up around 225, so its more about the healthy body than the number. Once I find where I want to be, then I will probably try to stay withing 5 lbs, but only change my diet if I am outside of that range multiple times since my weight can change more than 5 lbs in a day (its happened).

My hubby is 6'5" and I think he looks pretty good at 250, but I know it's different for everyone :smile:
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    125 was my goal weight ( Height is 5'4). Anywhere from 120-130 is acceptable so long as I maintain the look I'm going for. Too much under 125 and I look too skinny for my taste. Too much over and flab returns. Right now I'm 123-124 and pretty happy. I just want to continue to sculpt my body, gain strength and endurance, and maintain cardiovascular health.