You guys really like to over complicate things.

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The tone and approach of this thread indicates it was created by a child.

That is what scorches my tortillas. It's not what is said, because it is true ( even though there was no use for posting something that is common knowledge in this community for the 4227th time), but what bothered me was the tone.
    We are not all idiots that must be told over and over again, but many of us have a hard time to manage this new " lifestyle " after often decades of nutritional self abuse. But to recognize that one needs a certain amount of maturity, which is missing in much what is posted.
    30383486.jpg
  • drcherokee
    Options
    OPs advice applies to the VAST majority of people.

^^ This.

Furthermore, you've gotta drastically change the way you EAT. Meaning, exercise is great but count your calories and be meticulous and accurate. When I first started, I minimally exercised, but I was at 1000 calorie a day deficit under maintenance. If that's too strict, do 750. I lost weight almost like clockwork.

You eat one wrong food and vastly underestimate its calories, you've destroyed a day's worth of exercise at least.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    People in this thread,

You may be older than me and have more wisdom about life and everything that comes with it, but i can guarantee you that very few people in this thread would know more about training or nutrition than me. I don't understand why all of you have to complicate everything. If I was 40 years old would you take what I say as a fact and not even question it? If so I feel sorry for you.

/thread

Generally, age does not always bring wisdom. It takes more than just getting old to be wise.

^This too.

I mean, just look at all the period threads here (not including ones dealing with an actual medical condition).

Older =/= Smarter
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You're right. Losing weight is not difficult for most people.

Keeping it off is. So the research says....

That has a lot to do with fad diets and people not understanding how the body works. People that follow what's in the OP generally keep it off.
    I've lost weight once, and I've kept it off for 10 years. (so far)
    I think it's a tad more varied and complicate than that.
    I think we're all good at losing.
    We're all sure we're going to keep it off.
    True "lifestyles" "ways of life" seem to help.
    Counting calories forever...I'm not so sure. Time will tell, and I'll be thrilled to learn I'm completely wrong.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    If I learned one thing in this thread,
    it's that I hope I die before I grow so old that I turn senile and delusional with my head stuck up so far up my own buttocks

you don't help the cause for leaving age out of things by posting crap like this.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    People in this thread,

You may be older than me and have more wisdom about life and everything that comes with it, but i can guarantee you that very few people in this thread would know more about training or nutrition than me. I don't understand why all of you have to complicate everything. If I was 40 years old would you take what I say as a fact and not even question it? If so I feel sorry for you.

/thread

Generally, age does not always bring wisdom. It takes more than just getting old to be wise.

^This too.

I mean, just look at all the period threads here (not including ones dealing with an actual medical condition).

Older =/= Smarter

Oh snap. She went there.

tumblr_mfwu2uFZoZ1qfkgtwo1_500.gif

Actually, I like this one more.

oh-snap.gif

...meh. Lets have both.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    OPs advice applies to the VAST majority of people.

^^ This.

Furthermore, you've gotta drastically change the way you EAT. Meaning, exercise is great but count your calories and be meticulous and accurate. When I first started, I minimally exercised, but I was at 1000 calorie a day deficit under maintenance. If that's too strict, do 750. I lost weight almost like clockwork.

You eat one wrong food and vastly underestimate its calories, you've destroyed a day's worth of exercise at least.

I would even say 750 is too much unless you're really over weight. A smaller deficit will help keep muscle mass while cutting.
  • WhoHa42
    Options

That has a lot to do with fad diets and people not understanding how the body works. People that follow what's in the OP generally keep it off.
    I've lost weight once, and kept it off for 10 years.
    Counting calories forever...I'm not so sure. Time will tell, and I'll be thrilled to learn I'm completely wrong.

Well after you've lost weight and counted calories for a while you get a general idea of what you need. Once you have hit your goal you can become a little more lenient and not necessarily track everything, but have a general idea in your head to keep you within the weight range you want.
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    it's that I hope I die before I grow so old that I turn senile and delusional with my head stuck up so far up my own buttocks

you don't help the cause for leaving age out of things by posting crap like this.

Cause is already lost m8.
    People gon do what they gon do.

people will always make excuses instead of putting the blame on themselves.
    While everyone else who goes out to achieve their goals and dreams will be critical of themselves and take matters into their own hands.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Well after you've lost weight and counted calories for a while you get a general idea of what you need. Once you have hit your goal you can become a little more lenient and not necessarily track everything, but have a general idea in your head to keep you within the weight range you want.
    For me it wasn't about that. It was about eating well. Nourishing my body. I didn't count, much, for ten years. Now, as I go through menopause I'm having to pay more attention (to keep the weight off). I have always been active, that was never my issue. I just had no idea how to eat. Counting wasn't the issue. For me.
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's true that weight loss really is not complicated. Everybody knows that all you have to do to successfully lose weight is sip the tears of a baby unicorn every other Tuesday precisely at daybreak. Duh...
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WhoHa42
    Options

For me it wasn't about that. It was about eating well. Nourishing my body. I didn't count, much, for ten years. Now, as I go through menopause I'm having to pay more attention (to keep the weight off). I have always been active, that was never my issue. I just had no idea how to eat. Counting wasn't the issue. For me.

viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=26030

guess it's a case of the hormonal changes like we were talking about a few pages back
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If it's that simple, why have I only lost 10 pounds since February when I'm eating 500-800 calories less than my burn everyday?

Seriously, I'd really like to know why I'm not losing the weight. This is very frustrating.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=26030

guess it's a case of the hormonal changes like we were talking about a few pages back
    Ok. Sorry, it's a 13 page thread. Not sure which of the many posts you're referring to.
    But for me: me at 36 ish when I was losing: no counting. Me now at 48 in menopause: lots of counting, lots of figuring. Don't know if that figures into your :interdastedness". Doesn't much matter really.
  • drcherokee
    Options
    I would even say 750 is too much unless you're really over weight. A smaller deficit will help keep muscle mass while cutting.

Agreed. I'm not talking about trimming down, I'm talking about obesity level weight loss. I should have clarified.

I needed to see progress. 2 pounds a week worked for me. Now I've cut myself to only 750 a day deficit.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    i can guarantee you that very few people in this thread would know more about training or nutrition than me.

:huh:
    Because...
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's true that weight loss really not complicated. Everybody knows that all you have to do to successfully lose weight is sip the tears of a baby unicorn every other Tuesday precisely at daybreak. Duh...

OoOoOoOo that's what I'm doing wrong! :tongue:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If it's that simple, why have I only lost 10 pounds since February when I'm eating 500-800 calories less than my burn everyday?

Seriously, I'd really like to know why I'm not losing the weight. This is very frustrating.

Well..seeing as we know nothing about what you are actually eating or doing.....

I suggest starting a thread containing info on your calorie goals, exercise routine, and any medical conditions would be best. Having an open diary and letting people know how you are measuring your food helps too.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options

You said buttocks!!! Hahahaahha!!

Seriously though,I thought we got through all the drama a few pages ago.......

........and it comes back with a vengeance. I guess this thread still has life in it yet!!!!!

Dundun!! Now to see where else it will go :)