Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    -People (I guess i can call them gym acquaintances or buddies) who insist on hugging me while I'm soaked with sweat OR the other way around. It's bad enough that I hate being touched, but when I'm all smelly and icky I definitely don't wanna be touched or touch someone else who's all wet.

-Running and accidentally knocking my earbud out of my ear. It takes me out of the zone temporarily and messes me up.

-People who don't wipe down their machines. It also irks me when they machine hop and don't bother wiping down ANY of the machines that they've just used.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Squats in the curl rack. I hate that sh1t.
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    most of the insecure complainers in this thread.

:laugh:

well played, sir....
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    This guy was doing dead lifts with 2......10 lb plates. For over eight sets. I waited 30 minutes...He moved over to the other side of the gym for some kind of circuit with the one leg glute machine. Then back to the smith machine. He had the only one in the whole facility...all the while some 10, 20, 30, and 40 lb barbells were neatly racked in a pyramid ten feet away.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    When girl look messy,no make up,hair in a gross ponytale,ect. come on ladies:angry:

I'm sorry, I don't wear makeup period. EVER. (Ok maybe twice a year for special occasions) You can call me messy all you want. I promise I have a few choice comments floating through my head when I see somebody at the gym looking like a damn barbie doll.

Please note, don't mean ladies still in makeup at the end of the day etc. Totally different.
  • cameronwheeler
    Options
    I love playing basketball at the gym, but i can't stand these 14-16 year old kids that talk smack. I'm 20 years old and I don't mind playing with young kids but It drives me insane when they disrespect and get annoying and dont play by the rules. I just deal with it though.
  • Sticky equipment; rude people who have no issues invading your bubble
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    People.
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    I'll repost this from the other thread:

Major pet peeves:
    -People with dre beats (this literally ruins my workout because I just want to go smash the person with the beats on I don't even know why)
    -People quarter squatting (this also gets me unrealistically mad, once again I don't know why but seriously if you quarter squat just stop doing squats you won't be losing much)
    -Invisible lat syndrome
    -Dudes weighing 220+ thinking they are strong af because they can bench 245 for reps, squat 365-400, and deadlift 405-500 (those are strong lifts for 160-180lbs)
    -Watching personal trainers who don't even look like they lift and are weak af give advice to people and know that they are getting paid for it too.
    -Dudes on steroids who look like sht and think they look amazing.
    -Girls or dudes that continue to try to talk to you when you put earphones back in and go to lift. (one girl I work with does this specifically, I'll talk to her for a bit and be like ok I'm gonna finish my workout bye *puts earphones in and turns music up loud af and goes to get under bar to squat or bench*, brb she will walk in front of me so I can see her and continue speaking when I clearly can't hear her and just told her to leave)

Minor pet peeves:
    -Males who powerclean 95lbs for reps every single day for months
    -People who drop dumbells that are under 100lbs
    -Small kids that wear tanks and think they're big and walk around with invisible lat syndrome and check themselves out in every mirror.
    -People who wear the same cloths to the gym every single day.
    -People that don't do legs.
    -People that just walk around and socialize and do random machines as they walk around.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I loathe anyone who can't put back the dumb bells in a matched set, are you lazy or just stupid?
  • clbowman91
    Options
    I hate when every bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc in the gym is empty and someone comes to the one right next to the one I'm on

I've done this. I grow partial to one piece of equipment. Usually when I go the gym is full and I get used to one particular treadmill or elliptical and I use them every time. Idk. I guess because they are all different at the gym I go to and I know how to use that one. lol.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    People who ***** about who's doing what lift how instead of getting their own **** done.
  • DragonSquatter
    Options
    People who ***** about who's doing what lift how instead of getting their own **** done.

^ this too. Some people really need to get a life.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    people who don't know what they're doing but are still pointing out what others are doing "wrong"
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Major pet peeves:
    -People with dre beats (this literally ruins my workout because I just want to go smash the person with the beats on I don't even know why)
    -People quarter squatting (this also gets me unrealistically mad, once again I don't know why but seriously if you quarter squat just stop doing squats you won't be losing much)
    -Invisible lat syndrome
    -Dudes weighing 220+ thinking they are strong af because they can bench 245 for reps, squat 365-400, and deadlift 405-500 (those are strong lifts for 160-180lbs)
    -Watching personal trainers who don't even look like they lift and are weak af give advice to people and know that they are getting paid for it too.
    -Girls or dudes that continue to try to talk to you when you put earphones back in and go to lift. (one girl I work with does this specifically, I'll talk to her for a bit and be like ok I'm gonna finish my workout bye *puts earphones in and turns music up loud af and goes to get under bar to squat or bench*, brb she will walk in front of me so I can see her and continue speaking when I clearly can't hear her and just told her to leave)

Minor pet peeves:
    -Small kids that wear tanks and think they're big and walk around with invisible lat syndrome and check themselves out in every mirror.
    -People that just walk around and socialize and do random machines as they walk around.

Know it all busy bodies - like you - are the reason that many people are scared to join a gym.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Major pet peeves:
    -Invisible lat syndrome

Minor pet peeves:

Know it all busy bodies - like you - are the reason that many people are scared to join a gym.
    Don't worry, he's far too concerned with what other people are doing to reach his own potential.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When people look over at the machine im on to see how good I am doing instead of worrying about themselves! That and when guys purposely run RIGHT behind me with thier guy friends and talk about my *kitten* for 5 laps -_-

You must have an amazing *kitten* to have 2 guys talk about it for 5 laps, way to go!!!!!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Did you have a homo moment, OP?
  • DragonSquatter
    Options
    When people look over at the machine im on to see how good I am doing instead of worrying about themselves! That and when guys purposely run RIGHT behind me with thier guy friends and talk about my *kitten* for 5 laps -_-

You must have an amazing *kitten* to have 2 guys talk about it for 5 laps, way to go!!!!!!

I probably shouldn't have, but I laughed out loud at this reply.
This discussion has been closed.