I'm not sure I understand the point of bathing...

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm in the dirty crowd here, swimming with my feces and body oils - and *gasp* still alive and disease free.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i will only bath if there is at least one more person in the tub with me.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When I am shaving my legs or giving my feet a good scrub, I like to sit down. I always feel a bit uneasy in the shower like I might fall, so when things get slippery, I would rather be in the tub.

I shower more often than taking a bath because it's quicker, but I relax a lot more in the bathtub.

Unless you're peeing or pooping in it, it's not stewing in your own filth. There's a lot of water there and I don't really get why everyone thinks they are so filthy. The fact that I'm making any sort of attempt to wash myself is good enough.

Furthermore, showers assume that you are an able bodied person who can stand up, bend over, etc. So, if you're going to bash people for taking a bath, I sure hope you don't break a leg someday.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I actually took a bath. It is pretty disgusting but if you like to clean on a consistent basis, and that includes the bathtub, I guess you could take a bath if you want to frequently.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    +1 for the shower-bathers

I will wash my hair and body standing up in the shower and then sit to shave my legs and let my conditioner soak in.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am super OCD about cleaning, so I won't even THINK about a bath unless it has been scrubbed and cleaned first. I take a shower, then I'll take a nice long relaxing bath with a glass of wine and some aromatherapy, ambient tunes..

Also wanted to +1 the shower-bathers, too!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    The only good reason to have a bathtub:

tumblr_mhpp1owkBU1rwdfeoo1_500.jpg

QFT
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    This is a totally legitimate topic about bathes verses showers!!
    Since I was a teenager I have only bathed to soak sore muscles.
    Does anyone use a bath as their primary means of getting clean?

You must smell good
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    If I bath I make the water so hot, almost unbearable with various things put in it to allow for detoxing :) but for cleaning, I do showers only
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sit in the tub with the shower on. . best hangover cure.
    :drinker:

Agreed, though just remember to take your clothes off before you get in...:ohwell:
    I shower most of the time, I do like to have a bath though when I have the time but I always shower after to just rinse away and freshen up
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is a totally legitimate topic about bathes verses showers!!
    Since I was a teenager I have only bathed to soak sore muscles.
    Does anyone use a bath as their primary means of getting clean?

You must smell good
    I smell awesome - From my shower!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I shower first then fill up the tub. don't really want to sit in my own grossness
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Lol @ showering before having a bath! Talk about a waste of water.....
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i am liviing in a rental apartment, we only have one tub which we use to shower in (we have one of those flexi pipes with a "phone" shower head). I think that i take a bath maybe once or twice a year - bubbles, nice music, book, put some goop in my hair and other good on my face, the whole works.

I don't ever get so filthy that I would worry about sitting in a bath full of 'filthy water'. so that part doesn't bother me.
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    I don't fit in a normal tub lol

Only bathe to relax and always shower first to get clean....
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I LOVE baths. In a super deep soaker tub that two people can fit in. I like adding powdered milk, epsom salt, dried lavender and rose petals, and Aztec clay to SUPER hot bathwater to feel like I'm in the spa. Some candles and soft music. Ahh! But I always rinse after taking a bath and a bath is a once a week (if that) treat. My dream bathroom has a separate tub and shower, and the tub has a shower wand to rinse down myself and the bathtub. I love baths, but I hate cleaning after them.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I almost always shower but once in a blue moon it's nice to sit in the bath as others said wit a book, glass of wine and preferably my man.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    How filthy are you guys that you imagine you're soaking in the sewer when you take a bath? LOL! You could tolerate yourself just fine before you got in the tub, but when your nastiness gets all diluted in hot, soapy water you can't stand it! People are ridiculous. I bet half the stuff people are eating and drinking (and certainly most of the surfaces you're touching) is filthier than your own bath water. :laugh:

Personally, I like the convenience of a shower, but nothing beats a bath after a tough workout. :drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ... I also shower/take a bath like 3-4 times a day

Serious resource hog. :frown: