Things you hate at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'll repost this from the other thread:

Major pet peeves:
    -People with dre beats (this literally ruins my workout because I just want to go smash the person with the beats on I don't even know why)
    -People quarter squatting (this also gets me unrealistically mad, once again I don't know why but seriously if you quarter squat just stop doing squats you won't be losing much)
    -Invisible lat syndrome
    -Dudes weighing 220+ thinking they are strong af because they can bench 245 for reps, squat 365-400, and deadlift 405-500 (those are strong lifts for 160-180lbs)
    -Watching personal trainers who don't even look like they lift and are weak af give advice to people and know that they are getting paid for it too.
    -Dudes on steroids who look like sht and think they look amazing.
    -Girls or dudes that continue to try to talk to you when you put earphones back in and go to lift. (one girl I work with does this specifically, I'll talk to her for a bit and be like ok I'm gonna finish my workout bye *puts earphones in and turns music up loud af and goes to get under bar to squat or bench*, brb she will walk in front of me so I can see her and continue speaking when I clearly can't hear her and just told her to leave)

Minor pet peeves:
    -Males who powerclean 95lbs for reps every single day for months
    -People who drop dumbells that are under 100lbs
    -Small kids that wear tanks and think they're big and walk around with invisible lat syndrome and check themselves out in every mirror.
    -People who wear the same cloths to the gym every single day.
    -People that don't do legs.
    -People that just walk around and socialize and do random machines as they walk around.

Thanks for sharing. Now go get a life
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Major pet peeves:
    -People with dre beats (this literally ruins my workout because I just want to go smash the person with the beats on I don't even know why)
    -People quarter squatting (this also gets me unrealistically mad, once again I don't know why but seriously if you quarter squat just stop doing squats you won't be losing much)
    -Invisible lat syndrome
    -Dudes weighing 220+ thinking they are strong af because they can bench 245 for reps, squat 365-400, and deadlift 405-500 (those are strong lifts for 160-180lbs)
    -Watching personal trainers who don't even look like they lift and are weak af give advice to people and know that they are getting paid for it too.
    -Girls or dudes that continue to try to talk to you when you put earphones back in and go to lift. (one girl I work with does this specifically, I'll talk to her for a bit and be like ok I'm gonna finish my workout bye *puts earphones in and turns music up loud af and goes to get under bar to squat or bench*, brb she will walk in front of me so I can see her and continue speaking when I clearly can't hear her and just told her to leave)

Minor pet peeves:
    -Small kids that wear tanks and think they're big and walk around with invisible lat syndrome and check themselves out in every mirror.
    -People that just walk around and socialize and do random machines as they walk around.

- I'm terribly sorry my 1 pair of gym clothes gets washed every evening and then worn the next day for 1-2 hrs at the gym....I can't believe I didn't realise YOU would be so upset.
    - I'm sorry I did a leg workout somewhere else outside of the gym that day and chose not to do it again at the gym.
    - I'm very sorry other people are truely proud of where they are and what they have achieved, that must be terribly upsetting for you.
    - Damn those personel trainers who took the time and effort to be properly trained at their establishment and give helpful advice to those who ask for it, even though they themselves are quite happy with the size and shape they are.....how dare they upset you so much!!
    - I'm so sorry that you had to take the time and effort to switch your attention from what your doing to those small kids in tank tops/invisible lat syndrome/dre beats/quarter squats. HOW DARE THEY!!

Man, with all these people who irritate you, I'm very surprised your able to enjoy your workout.....oh wait, your not b/c your too busy concentrating on everyone else instead of yourself.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    most of the insecure complainers in this thread.

Best post in thread. Winner winner chicken dinner.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Wow, how would you even know that? You just watch people at the gym everyday and take note of what clothing they wear? How do you have time for that? Wow. What about it bothers you? Does it bother you if they have 6 black t-shirts that they use to wear to the gym, or does it only bother you if they only have one. Sorry, didn't know you were Mr. Fashion Police. I'll make sure to go spend lots of money on a wardrobe of workout clothes just to help you feel better. Should I accessorize also?
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Wow, how would you even know that? You just watch people at the gym everyday and take note of what clothing they wear? How do you have time for that? Wow. What about it bothers you? Does it bother you if they have 6 black t-shirts that they use to wear to the gym, or does it only bother you if they only have one. Sorry, didn't know you were Mr. Fashion Police. I'll make sure to go spend lots of money on a wardrobe of workout clothes just to help you feel better. Should I accessorize also?

lol!!! @ This!!

But what bothers me the most is when people don't wipe their sweat from the machines. It's really not that difficult. Also when you walk into the gym and it stinks...the funky makes my eyes burn. I understand we sweat, but can you wear deodorant? Lots of it if you know you grown onions under your arms.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Major pet peeves:
    -Invisible lat syndrome

Minor pet peeves:

You seem far too concerned with what everyone else is doing. Why don't you learn to mind your own?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Oh and to answer the OP's question, I rarely get annoyed at the gym because my gym is a pretty awesome place.

My gym is open 24/7 and always staffed (even if they're sometimes playing on their laptops in the "cafe" area), they have free wifi, a wide range of people with a wide range of abilities and not a lot of judgement.

However, sometimes I feel like the super-fit people outnumber everyone else. I live in a town right beside a military base though so that's pretty much expected.

Edit: I do get annoyed by the fact that all the other women that go in the weight room seem to get offers to spot them but I really don't. My Wilks score is also 329ish so I suppose they might legitimately think that I won't need any help.

Oh and I went in the evening of the 4th of July and there were only Mexican men in there. One sat on the bench watching me deadlift through my entire 5/3/1 routine plus Big But Boring (that's 3 warm-up setsx5, 3 working setsx5 and 5 sets of 10@ 135) all while talking to someone on the phone and half @ss curling 20lb dumbbells. THAT was pretty annoying.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Got to be the rowing machine, a horrible invention

what rowing machine?
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I hate when people don't re-rack their plates, wipe off the machine, and chit-chat when it's time to lift:mad:
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    One of they guys that works at my gym would openly giggle at me every time he saw me using the machines. And no I wasn't doing it wrong! :angry:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Girls with a full face of makeup and neatly placed hair... I can look hot too, but not at the gym, gawsh!

I'm so glad a female said this. :-)

I just really don't understand why one would go to the gym with full makeup and hair done. I see it every now and again. What happens when the sweat kicks in, the hair starts to fall and the makeup starts to run... not a pretty sight.

I see this complaint all the time. Am I the only girl on MFP that heads to the gym straight from work?
  • _DrDustin_
    _DrDustin_ Posts: 172
    Options
    Ppl that stink or their clothes, shoes stink. Hate that ****.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Girls with a full face of makeup and neatly placed hair... I can look hot too, but not at the gym, gawsh!

I'm so glad a female said this. :-)

I just really don't understand why one would go to the gym with full makeup and hair done. I see it every now and again. What happens when the sweat kicks in, the hair starts to fall and the makeup starts to run... not a pretty sight.

I see this complaint all the time. Am I the only girl on MFP that heads to the gym straight from work?

No you are not. Don't worry about people who get their panties in a bunch about how people are dressed at the gym. Do your thing and ignore them.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I worked out during my pregnancies, which my doctor encouraged....and people (especially guys) stared at me ALL THE TIME. I never can really understand what the big deal was? Never seen a pregnant lady work out before? Geesh. And of course, the normal stuff...people being rude and stinky.
  • peterplsss
    peterplsss Posts: 169
    Options
    :3
  • gettingmy_lifeback
    gettingmy_lifeback Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    stupid *****es texting on the elliptical for an hour then leaving wtf
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

what happened to all that potential? did it just go poof? please continue to regale us with tales of how awesome you are
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

what happened to all that potential? did it just go poof? please continue to regale us with tales of how awesome you are

:laugh:
  • peterplsss
    Options

Major pet peeves:
    -Invisible lat syndrome

Minor pet peeves:

Know it all busy bodies - like you - are the reason that many people are scared to join a gym.
    Don't worry, he's far too concerned with what other people are doing to reach his own potential.
    Going for state records at my meet this December....brb isn't gonna reach my own potential..seems..legit c:. It's ok bby, I still luv u <3
  • peterplsss
    Options
    Man, with all these people who irritate you, I'm very surprised your able to enjoy your workout.....oh wait, your not b/c your too busy concentrating on everyone else instead of yourself.
    ...I actually enjoy my own workout a lot, and I also enjoy watching other people sometimes in between my top sets where I'm resting like 5 mins :D
This discussion has been closed.