S/O Threatens to Leave if You Lose / Don't Lose Weight...

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My then fiance told me I should go on the biggest loser while I watched it one night. I was hurt, but the fact of the matter is that I was obese, close to morbidly so.

When I started weighing less than him, he started losing interest. Now that I'm bulking, I know he hopes I'll get bigger than him again, he does not like to hear about a cut coming after this bulk.

If push comes to shove, he's gone. I value my health and wellness far more than his desire for me to be slightly overweight.
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    RIGGGGGGHHHHHHT!!!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    lose 200 real quick like - divorce his *kitten*. Presto done-o! Oh, then lose the weight, if YOU'D like.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Um no. :huh:
  • Danalynn39
    Options
    I actually had something similiar said to me. Mine said "fat doesn't turn me on", "I'll quit drinking when you lose weight" and other things. Well, I'm now 5 plus days a week cardio with a trainer. Almost daily he asks if I plan to leave him for the trainer..bahaha...Tables are turning buddy. I think it's time to put the bottle down. Just sayin...Not leaving for the trainer. But he will eat ALL of those words. Even if it's years later. Do it only for you! Not for someone else. And in YOUR time!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I was heavier when my husband and i got together and got married. But he loves that I have lost weight. He and I wouldn't leave each other for one reason other then love: we are used to each others farts and various scents and aromas therefore to start over with someone else would just be a pain.

I also make the man sammiches when he wants them, even when I don't want to.

But if he ever did leave, I would do what my mom did: sit at the table and cry, then go to the courthouse the next morning and file for divorce.
  • rheum109
    rheum109 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The good news if there is any here is he is telling you this before you get married. This is a hugh warning sign about you are going to have to deal with should he become more then an X at this point. You lose weight on your terms as any other way is destine for failure.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    take the keys and wave bye!
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Let him look at my *kitten* while I walk away! I need someone who would support me.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    did the weight come on after the relationship started?

if i buy a porsche and 2 years later i open my garage and it turned into an '87 geo, i'd be pissed.

This would make sense if you bought a car based on its personality, intelligence, sense of humor, emotional outlook, etc. If you do, then I'm not touching that issue with a ten-foot pole.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Keep him around until your weight loss is complete and say "later"! It will sink in harder that way:)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Dump him and have sex with his best friend.

You....I like you!:flowerforyou:
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I would leave that person. If they really cared and loved you, they would want a healthier you. It sounds like to me, that they are worried about you looking hot, and other people looking at you.... lose the S/O and the weight too, it would be the best thing for you.. Good luck....
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    What would you do ?

Let 'em go. Obviously they don't love you.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    3j8p.jpg
  • jwstew007
    Options
    You know, I can speak somewhat from the other side on this, here's a month old comment I wrote to another person that left their husband after he wouldn't get fit and eat healthy as she was losing...
    I honestly have this fear with my wife, she's on the other side of the country while I just moved somewhere because I wanted to restart my life and get healthy and fit. I'm finding a new apartment and all the other things to get the new life ready before she comes out in a few months.

I keep telling her life here will be different, she's always like "you keep saying that", in truth, it won't be like anything it was before when we would lay around the tv and do nothing but get fat. I've made considerable effort to changing my life here, I log my food everyday, I walk everywhere, I eat more nutritious food, no more vehicles.

I've already started this journey, but she's still at home, refusing to even use myfitnesspal to log what she eats. I love her a lot.. but I want to tell her that if she wants things to stay the way things are we need to part ways, and I can't make her change and she needs to want to do this for her as much as I want to do this for me.

I love her a lot, and she says she is making progress at home now, but I think I just wanted her to share the same level of enthusiasm as I do for fitness and getting healthy, but I don't want her to feel like she's doing this for me.. =/
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight and then leave him.
    Lose the S/O first. Then, lose the weight.

I AM CONFUSE
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I would say "*kitten* you". *Autobots roll out*

OMG - can I marry you?
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    IMO telling your S/O how they should and should not look is controlling and somewhat abuse. I'd imagine if they are making comments about your weight demanding that you do or do not do something about it, they also make demands in other parts of your relationship that aren't healthy as well.

On that note I'd pat him on the stomach and tell him he could stand to lose a few himself, then leave.