• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    This is what I was trying to post but all the format was getting lost.:huh:
    wo_zps1d7ae72b.jpg
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    At first I thought maybe it was a hangover, but I really didn't drink that much considering it was over the course of 8 hours. I had a horrible headache--like a spend the whole day on the couch sleeping headache.

ding ding ding!
    Migraine trigger... been there, done that.

stomach & headache pain, feeling miserable... no gym today....
  • BrouhardRj
    BrouhardRj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone Its Rebecca.. Im on this weight loss journey again... I joined MFP a while back but didn't really do it.. This time I'm doing everyday for my 3 month goal..I'm hoping Lose weight and become healthy..

Being Monday :ohwell:
    I did great job on the weekend and today I been eating every 3-hours and had a nice lunch... I just finished my water work out for 30-mins and Tomorrow I will do my 2-3 mile walk..

Also looking for online buddies:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy: :happy:
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm back. Getting ready for school and the first week of school consumed my August!! I'm back and going at it again. I discovered my scale is broken (it is weighing my 5 year old 5 pounds heavier than she weighed 2 weeks ago and the girl is a twig and has no way gained 5) so I'm in the market for a new one! Tonight was my first workout since the end of July. I got part of the way through it before I started seeing stars when bending over and standing back up and decided I better stop, that and I've been on my feet at school all day. Hope all is well with everyone, I will try to catch up again soon!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Today was a very long day but I managed to get threw it. My kids will start tomorrow, the 6th graders started today so they had the building to themselves. I did not stop moving all day and I hope I get through tomorrow with meeting my kids for the year. I will have about 120 students.

I did well with food today and feel back on track with a regular eating schedule. I did work out with my trainer and completed the 2.5 miles in a little over 28 minutes. So that was exciting but I must say that I find running boring, so I don't think it will be become a go-to exercise in my life. After the run and a discussion with my trainer about food, I climbed all three sides of the rock wall. That was a major challenge tonight since I had a little trouble keeping my grip but I did it. My trainer saw me climbing tonight and now she thinks she wants to try it. Of course I will encourage her to try it but will also take into account her upcoming Iron Eagle races.

Time to gear up for a busy week acclimating to the new schedule and year.

Hope everyone has a great school year and that your kids, grandkids make the most of it.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - welcome - you've found a great place to make new friends - just keep dropping by and chatting and soon you'll know everyone! We're quite friendly.

The Drs. visit went well. I've lost 17 lbs since I last was there - he was quite surprised by that! I said I'd have another surprise when I saw him again in 3 months. But he wants me to adjust my prednisone again, and I've been doing so well lately - I hate monkeying around with the dose. :grumble:

Did my upper body work-out tonight. Used lighter weights - only 3 lbs. Had been shirking the work-outs and decided it was that the weight was just too darn heavy. Best be honest and do what I can. I did use the 5 lb in a few exercises but not many.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--good luck with the kids tomorrow--I met mine today-- I also have about 125. So far all seem pleasant and eager, but of course, it's only day one. :tongue: Congrats on your 2.5 mile run and rock climb. :drinker:

@anna--groupon often has offers for an Escali digital scale for $25-$35. It's really nice --gives body fat % and water ratio as well. I own one and love it!! I just checked their site and the only Escali product they have right now is a food scale, but if you aren't in a big hurry to buy, just check back every couple of days until you see the bathroom scale.

@rebecca--welcome!!:flowerforyou:

@vickie--as it turns out, I don't think it was a migraine. Apparently there's some weird 24-hour bug going around (I think Laurie mentioned when I gave my symptoms). I thought it was odd that I had a fever and body aches, since those symptoms have never accompanied my migraines in the past. Also, I had no sensitivity to light which is usually my main symptom. I hope you are feeling better soon!

@kelley--oh, aren't our fur-kids just precious when they get new toys!! Gunner prances around showing off and then sleeps with his new toys for days. I've actually stopped taking pictures of him snuggling each new toy b/c it was just getting ridiculous!! :laugh: I'm glad you able to sneak the new pinky in under zoe's radar. I have to wait until gunner is at the groomer to throw away his old toys--I swear he knows they're missing, even when they were just scraps of the original. Glad you found some frames that fit your budget. :happy:

@tammy--sounds like you've almost got that painting project all wrapped up!

@robin--hope the Doc appt went well!

@bj--don't think of it as losing 7 and gaining 1--think of it as losing 6 b/c that's what really happened :wink: Sorry you aren't feeling well--hope your day picks up.

@allie--great job doing c25k!! I don't remember where you live but I hope it wasn't as hot and humid there as it is here in chicago! If it was, then double kudos to you for running outside!!! I swear it still bothers me that we don't get higher calorie burns when it's hot out!! :grumble:

@kaye--keith sounds adorable--I love that he changed the words to protect his sister! :heart:

@tlh--welcome back!! :flowerforyou:

Monday Check-in:
    First day of school went fine. The kids seem nice and my class sizes are more manageable than usual--my boss fought to split our AP seniors into 5 classes instead of only 4 which helped lower the numbers. So even though I have 3 sections of AP (vs. 2 last year) the lower class sizes should help with grading. Also, I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I have a student teacher this semester. He will teach my 2 sections of Junior Honors American Lit. until December 9th. He's just observing for the first few weeks but then he will take over.

After school I thought I would be too tired to workout, but I was feeling motivated so I went to the gym. :happy:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--rest day (sick)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Monday. Mine was good, but I'm exhausted. I think a lot of us had kids starting back to school. Cyrus had his first day of middle school. I think he was OK with school, but not our weather. He struggles a bit with weather anxiety and any change of wind/rain, etc. . he flips out a bit. Luckily, he made it through and seemed to enjoy the first day. My food choices were good today and I met with the trainer tonight who really pushed me. She does a lot with resistance and utilizing my own body weight, which is plenty to work with that's for sure.

It's good to see some familiar faces back from vacations and a little time off, but glad to see your back. It's so important having this site and being accountable to someone. I've realized I need this site every day to keep me in check. We CAN do this!!!!
  • Eeyeore
    Eeyeore Posts: 33
    Options
    Just a fast check in before I hit the bed with my head...lol!!
    Monday was a mess.
    Hampster died last night - of old age - had him for many years - quite surprising.
    Went to work - saved bosses behind with payroll.
    got off work - hurried to the gym where I worked my behind off for 1 hour doing squats(didn't think I could do 40 much less 75-not all at one time mind you :0 )/rebounders with 3 different weights of medicine balls/stretching of all kinds and pelvic lifts and ab crunches-plus I swung the big ropes like on biggest loser the ones you have to pull up and down and make waves with - OMG that is hard to keep up....I stopped for min breaks throughout that one...just couldn't keep it going for long.
    Then off to pic up Dad some things he needs in Rehab - went to see Dad - he was in a talkative mood which isn't always so I spent a few hours with him and left there late.
    Drop off Movies at Redbox on way home and run in FoodLion for apples and yogurt for lunches tomorrow.
    Then rush home to see daughter for a few minutes and talk with her while I eat a cheese stick and have some water
    Getting Ready for Bed and find out the internet was not working - oh excuse me the whole computer and t.v. and phone was not working in my office - weird - so I called Comcast - they said everything was o.k. - by this time my husband who is a truck driver came home and just as pretty as you please walked into the room and over to a different surge protector than the one I checked - I mean really how many do we have hooked up here? Anyway - he flipped the magic switch and declared that he was in deed "SUPERMAN"!!

AT THAT NOTE I SAID I MIGHT AS WELL LOG FOR THE DAY AND THEN HIT THE HAY!!
    NIGHT EVERYONE!! OR SHOULD I BE SAYING GOOD MORNING - EITHER WAY I HAVE TO GET UP IN .......looking at the clock.......CRAP!!!! 4 HOURS!!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am back finally posting on this board !
    I am going to be posting on here quite more often !
    I am back on my 3 day diet now started back last week ! I did pretty good last week !
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I had a bad day yesterday. I have lots of pain in my upper back from unpacking. I'm trying to decide if I will go to work today. The battery in my car died so I had to get a new one after work. By the time I got home and ate I was too tired and hurting to do my workout.
    Hope you all had a better day than me.

Quote of the day:- “A waist is a terrible thing to mind.” ~Tom Wilson

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

I thought for sure I would have trouble falling asleep last night since I slept until 9am most of the days I was off – but I was able to, I sure didn’t want to get up this morning though. :wink:

@Susan~That is a great way to start out with your trainer, when I started with mine it was a good month before we started using actual weight – needed to get my body conditioned first. We didn’t even work out on the weight floor, our sessions were in the nice, cool spin room – just did a bunch of agility and conditioning type exercises. When we finally moved out to the weight floor he told me I “graduated.” :laugh: Sounds like your trainer is trying to do the same thing with you. I’m so glad it’s working out!

@Robin~Hooray for the weight loss since you were at the doc last! Boo that he’s playing around with your prednisone. :grumble:

@Eeyeore~Those battle ropes can be brutal, my trainer likes to punish me with those every once in a while.

@Karen~It is so cute to see zoe carrying around that tiny teddy bear! The new toys are already MIA, so tonight I have to get on the floor and look under furniture to retrieve them! :laugh: Glad your classes are broken up into smaller sizes & that you have a student teacher to help out – hope you have a great school year and eager students!

@Laurie~Hope you have a good first day with your students today. Great job with the run and the climbing!

@Nicole~How was the first day at your new job?

@Tom~I’m sorry for the rough day and your back pain, I can sympathize with that all too well. Hope you feel better soon!

Tuesday Goals~Just to keep on keeping on and challenge myself with the new heart rate training zones to get the most out of my workouts. Glad today is a rest day, yesterday with my trainer may have done me in – my arms are SO sore!

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Monday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Gym, Elliptical
    Saturday~Gym, Treadmill/Row

Have a good day!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: Just keep doing what I'm doing. Finally, the scale moved after my big loss the first week. I'm down 2.2#'s this AM (thank goodness). I know slow and steady will win in the end as I'm learning life long habits of eating and exercising. I know I'm doing this the right way through eating less and moving more.

@ Tom - Poo on the back! Yuck on the car battery too. Thank goodness yesterday is over and today gives a fresh start. Rest the back so when those weights arrive you'll be good to go!

@ Eeyeore - Whew. . . I'm just tired reading your day. We've all been there at some point that's for sure. I've not down too much on the ropes, but I'm sure there in my future. When I did do them, WOW! Super tough work out.

@ Kelly - I'm chuckling because I agree. Thank goodness today is a rest day. She really pushed me last night, which I actually have been enjoying. Definitely need to work on my budget though because I already want to sign up for the next round and it's costing me an arm and leg that's for sure. You know.

@ Karen, Laurie and I know we have some other teachers on here - THANK YOU!! I have my degree in music education and work completed for my master's in education, but I don't teach. LONG story, but I love kids. I know that's really where my passion lies, but unfortunately I make way to much $$ in the business world and that's where I stayed. I know you guys are not there for the money, but because you love what you do. Hate all the paperwork and politics, but love what you do and as a parent I cannot thank you enough!!

@ Robin - Keep up the strength training. You're doing soooo great!!!

@ MowMow - How's the cleaning coming along? I know your mom will be here soon and you've got this!!!

@ Nicole - Can't wait to hear about your first day!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Naceto! I want to hear how the job is going as well!
    @ MowMow - How's the cleaning coming along? I know your mom will be here soon and you've got this!!!

It's going great, all the deep cleaning is done. (I didn't realize the paddles of my celling fan were that light colored... or how clear my view would be once I took out the screens and washed them... :laugh: )

Now it's down to just the basics that I do on a weekly basis. Just doing them now instead of on Saturdays when I normally do them!

Saturday - Clean out fridge and freezer. Scrub fridge and freezer inside and out. Make homemade pasta and Marinara for Manicotti. Wash car and dash/door frames. ALL DONE

Sunday - Make homemade Manicotti and freeze for dinner Wednesday. Clean out and vacuum cabinets, wipe down cabinet fronts and backsplash. Clean microwave, toaster oven, and wipe down washing machine/dryer(and tidy up laundry room). - This turned into Lasagna instead of manicotti and I had enough of everything leftover to make 3 servings of rollatini (with pasta instead of eggplant to freeze as well). ALL DONE[ plus put the refrigerator crisper drawers through the dishwasher to freshen them up

Monday - Spot clean hairball stains on carpet, move the cat tree, move the turntable/records, move the lingerie chest, and clean out bedroom/spare bedroom closets. Dust all the rooms (including picture frames, top of door frames, and baseboards. ALL DONE plus Mom's clothes arrived via UPS (She ships them so she doesn't have to check luggage) and I hung up all her clothes and emptied some drawers for her jewelry/toiletries/delicates. She also sent some church work she had to do so I set her up a workspace at my second desk in the spare bedroom and put her books onto the bookshelf next to it.

Tuesday - Wash utensil holders and wipe down kitchen counters(behind and under everything), wipe down the window sills, wash windows, soak the trash can in bleach, and run the trash can lid through the dishwasher with bleach. Also, groom boys, trim their nails, and do the laundry. Clean oven and under stove top! Run drip trays through dishwasher! Most done on Monday, rest was all finished this AM. ETA: Add in a cat bath this morning. Book was messing around in the bathroom when I was bleaching out the trash can and got bleach on his tail/legs/side and I couldn't let him lick it off so he had a bath (that was a first for BOTH of us.)

Wednesday - Run to the farmers market in the AM for salad fixings to go with Manicotti. Clean the bathroom, wash kitchen/bath mats, and wash sheets/blankets/make bed. Wash kitchen and bathroom floors and vacuum the whole apartment. Get gas on the way to pick up Mom.
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA I have been busy with well my favorite thing ever. Making chain maille jewelry. I am trying to make some stuff to sell on etsy. I made a ring on saturday. It took me 5 hours. It is by far the coolest most complicated weave i've done but i love it!!!

Tuesday goal: walk Deputy and stay to what I've put in my food diary. I am on point with food today!

Have a great day!
    Helena
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @garetie--so glad you're back!! :flowerforyou:

@helena--good job staying on track. :drinker:

@kris--wow, you've sure gotten a lot done!

@susan--congrats on the scale drop--yes, you are doing it the right way!! I never knew you had a teaching background--that's great! I totally understand staying in the business world for the money. If I'd had a child to raise, I might have done the same thing. When I left the private sector I took a 50% pay cut to teach. :noway:

@kelley--I know what you mean about not wanting to get up in the morning! It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get used to my new schedule.

Tuesday Goal:
    I had planned the gym today, but I really need to go grocery shopping or I will screw up my food plan for the week. Afterward, I will do some laundry and maybe some grading.

Grading Goals:
    1. x/73 Summer reading quizzes
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sad day today which has left me wanting to sit and eat my feelings away. One of my sons' close friends died yesterday... and he was an amazing, fun loving, thoughtful, and truly holy man.

I have not done super well on calories but have not gone hog wild either. I will get my 3 miles in later and that should help on all fronts... it won't bring Matt's friend back, but it will give me the peace I need to be there for my boy and his other friends.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday has been all work and now I'm trying to decide what to do. My son was going to be my workout partner today, but he came home from school limping...nothing serious, but I don't want him running on it. He also came home with a list of items that need to be bought by tomorrow. I bought all the items on his supply list, but apparently one teacher didn't get it turned in on time. Oh well, need toilet paper etc anyway. I think I'm going to switch up my workout day so I can get other things done. I'm with Karen on the shopping. Apparently only junk food is left after all of our vacations, so I better go get some good stuff or it'll spell disaster for me.

Monday - Water Aerobics -- DONE!
    Tuesday - OFF
    Wednesday - Cardio and Weights
    Thursday - Zumba
    Friday - Zumba

@Tammy -- sounds like you've been busy

@Teachers -- hope you have a great year. I'm not a teacher, but I always love the start of the school year just to get back into habits and routines.

@Robin -- good for you for surprising your doctor with a weight loss!

@Susan -- Jacob started middle school this year too...he was excited and nervous all at the same time. His biggest concern??? Combination lock on his locker. :tongue: Hope Cyrus enjoys it as much as Jacob has been (a whole week :ohwell: )

@Eeyore -- you make me tired just looking at it. I hope you can get more than 4 hours of sleep tonight.

@Tom -- hope your back starts to feel better

@Kris -- WOW -- you've been busy. If you get bored later, you can come to my place. :laugh: Maybe, I should use you as motivation -- but probably won't. HEE HEE

@Marca -- sorry to hear about your son's friend.

Well off to the stores! Have a great night everyone
  • Eeyeore
    Eeyeore Posts: 33
    Options
    Howdy....hope everyones day went well, I had a hard time getting up this morning but then the day went smooth. Now I am starting to drag... I just left the rehab visiting dad...sounds like they want to keep him a couple more weeks....got to be careful with finances.
    Ate pretty good today... stayed in the lines so to speak. Got my fitbit yesterday.....not sure how it all works yet..but my understanding is that u are suppose to do 10, 000 steps a day.....im not home yet, but my bed is calling me for sleep and my fitbit says I have only done 1862 steps.......holy cow!
    Love reading everyones posts by the way......thank u guys for the kind words of encouragement and lessons on trying to get healthier.....really glad I found this site but most of all...people like urselves. <3