Those with large amount of weight to lose....

Options

Replies

• ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    " Not having my son playing with my flabby arms and asking if there is lots of food in there"

omgosh... this had me in stiches
  • vw95
    vw95 Posts: 7
    Options
    Shopping at any store I choose, not being limited to those that sell oversized clothing. Oh, and paying less for clothing! Having people think "what a hot wife" my husband has. Having more energy. Oh there is so much!
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Go to the cinema.

I'm a huge film fanatic, but for the past 3 years I have avoided the cinema purely because I'm terrified I won't fit in the chairs!! I'm so annoyed at myself. There's nothing quite like the anticipation of a long-awaited movie, and the thrill of finally seeing it on opening night. The Hobbit, for example, was a film I had waited years and years to see... then when the time came I decided I was too fat, therefore I missed seeing it on the big screen.

I'm hoping to have reached the mini-goal I've set myself by November, as I really want to see Catching Fire, the sequel to the Hunger Games. It'll be the first time I've set foot in a cinema in 3 years, and I'm determined to sit in the seat and have room to spare! :P

There are plenty more things I can't wait to do - not have to shop in plus size stores etc... the usual!
  • shoeluver67
    shoeluver67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wearing BOOTS!! and sleeveless dresses/tank tops.
  • bitflogger
    Options
    Purchasing normal clothes at mainstream stores (****'s, Sports Authority)

Be able to bench my weight.....going for 225 from 446, half way there at 325 now
  • macbblue
    macbblue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Being able to climb on my horse on my own, without having to use a bucket, fence, picnic table, stump, etc.
  • lizziecheek
    lizziecheek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone of us is able to make the changes necessary to meet our goals! :glasses:
  • ekhaney
    ekhaney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's one of my motivations too! Love Six Flags!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am going to add one more! Not having to automatically make a beeline for the largest size in the store! [I am in the inbetween land of sizes at the moment, straddling normal and plus at 14/16 with big thighs.]
  • Loveyoustar
    Loveyoustar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is my health. I've been told if I lose weight I could reverse some health problems.
    I need to lose 6 stone. so my number 1 would be

(1) Getting off blood pressure tablets!
    (2) showing off my arms!
    (3) fitting into jeans and looking good!!
    (4) looking in the mirror without feeling depressed
    (5) being happy with photos of myself !!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Cosplay some really awesome characters. Like Supergirl, Black Canary, and Wonder Woman.
    I mean, I /could/ now, but I would really like to be accurate, than a cute and chubby version
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    fit comfortably on an airplane.
    go ziplining.
    shop in any store I want to
    own tall boots
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wearing BOOTS!!

YES!!! Someday, I will be able to zip boots over my calves!
  • MakingMyDreamsComeTrue2015
    Options
    Six flags rides
    Tough Mudder
    Walking a lot
    Skinny jeans
    2 piece swim suits
  • wjohnc
    wjohnc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to cross my arms without getting cleavage. :/
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 70 lbs. Looking forward to no longer being at risk for diabetes, looking better in my work uniform instead of being embarrassed when I ask for a larger size yet again, being fit enough to go federal or join the army, wearing my first bikini ever!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wash clothes on my ABS
  • angeleyes4u672
    Options
    Being able to tie my shoes and breathe at the same time. To sit comfortably at a movie theater. To play basketball again. Lots of things I want to be able to do.
  • LeighDavies1
    Options
    A new Victoria Secrets has just opened near me and I would love love love to be able to feel I can go in there without feeling self conscious!
  • necolong1014
    Options
    Buying clothes somewhere other than the "fat girl's store".
    Riding the rides at the fair with my kids.
    being able to wear the normal cuff on the blood pressure machine on doctor visits.
    Have sex in certain positions
    Eat in public
    Go out without hearing snide comments on my weight
    get checked out by a guy on the street who I did not have to charm the pants off of first.
    complain about skinny jeans because I can wear them.
    Go hiking on the big trails that are not paved.
    run, jog and/or bike (I have to lose more weight 1st because of my knees and feet)
    Go surfing
    Go kayaking
    Go swimming in public in a bathing suit
    Go skinny dipping with my skinny friends
This discussion has been closed.