Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I went in a bar after work, drank diet coke and went home at 11pm. I was tired and really didn't want to cook for my dinner. I needed to eat 538 calories to reach my daily allowance. I tend to be scared to eat now that I want to loose weight and NEED to get my calories in.
    Anyway, I had some Nutella in my kitchen (it's my boyfriend who bought it, this stuff is lethal for me...) I took 100 grams of it (530 calories, about 5 tablespoons), SAVOURED it as I never did and put the jar back on the cupboard.
    I went to bed, didn't think about it again. That didn't triger a binge. I used Nutella as a tool to loose weight and not to numb myself.

For me, AWESOME NSV!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    So the NSV is that I didn't give up, I asked for help (even though it was a bit embarrassing) and then confessed to the instructor I was nervous. I felt the fear - and then I did it anyway - when in the past I would have given up!

LOVE THIS!
  • dorisbunker39
    dorisbunker39 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Only just started and not changed much in body but I feel.... well clean x I am more positive and I cannot wait to go out and do more activities.
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    I just posted this on my wall actually!!

My NSV's today!! yes there is more than one :) 1. My personal trainer told me she has clients younger than me and that dont have weight issues who cannot get through the routine twice like I did today!!! She is so proud of me :)

2. Went shopping for sz 14 tops and pants today :) as my shirts are falling off me :)
  • 22pirtle
    Options
    My NSv for the week is I was able to jog 20 minutes without a break. That is a big success for this girl.

Congrats to all of you for your victories!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I ran a total of 5 minutes. not straight, oh god no. but 1 min 40 straight.
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of trousers yesterday that fit me fine about 7 months ago. They were huge on me and i had to buy a new pair of jeans on the way to work :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    A size "Small" belt from NY&Co.

A size "6 Petite" pencil skirt from Banana Republic. Which looks AMAZING on me by the way! :wink:
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My dentist told me I looked really great and really healthy!
    He said he wanted to tell me last week (after my first visit in about 5 months), but he didn't know how to word it so I wouldn't be offended! I said I'm not offended at all, and thanked him. It really made my day that a health professional told me I looked great, and very healthy.
  • Pugwash4x4
    Pugwash4x4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My first NSV is an odd one.

It was my baby daughters first birthday party last weekend and I catered for 40 people- home made BBQ and it was GOOD.

My NSV is that even though I fell of my diet plan on the party day, I still controlled myself, and at my weigh in this morning I had still lost 2lb this (at the moment i'm on a VLCD, so have been losing 6-7lb/week, don't worry its fine).

For me this is amazing, as now only have I lost, in the past when I've failed, then I've totally failed and given up, but this week I've got back on the diet, and kept going. Really pleased with myself.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,339 Member
    Options
    Reached my September goal today of 25 squats with a 7.5 kg weight. A pb today of 2mins 25 secs elbow plank - HARD! My September goal for that is 2.30.
    My 14 jeans (UK) are hanging off me. They were skinny jeans, now I call them my "boyfriend" jeans and have to gather them in at the waist with a belt. My skinnies from Boden, that tend to smaller sizing, are also now looking baggy. I recently bought some M&S tracksuit bottoms in a 12. Perfect fit except for a tiny muffin top.
    I can't get enough of exercise clothes. DH bought me a trendy, tight fitted zip top from Asics. Size M.
    I love my new, shapely arms, even though the skin looks a bit like a deflated balloon! Yeah for arm definition!
    I love NSVs!
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    mine isn't very good really. i've lost no pounds this week but i haven't given in. i've kept plodding on and logging everything so i suppose i should feel good that i haven't quit even though my weight doesn't seem to be moving.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This actually happened about a week ago, but significant for me. Over the years i have had to put on all my bras in the last hook.
    I convinced myself that they must have shrunk. Last week i noticed that every one i put on was loose - i went to the middle hook!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I had a man stop me the other day to ask me a question. His question was :

Has anyone told you how pretty and nice you look right now?

Made my day since i just came from the gym and i was in a bad need of a hair cut and color.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I have to do a double take in the mirror whenever I walk by. :)
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing mine right now. Casual day at work. And the first time wearing my brand new size 28 jeans. When I started a size 30 were my dream jeans, my goal, something I never thought I could make. Now I'm in a 28. Unbelievable.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well I managed, sort off, to fit into a 32 waist paid of jeans for the first time in, well this century.

had an issue with the thighs, but I think that was the fit (and the cycling). The waist was comfortable and that was always the problem.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My size 31 jeans that I was thrilled to fit into a few weeks ago arenow very loose andbaggy.
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've shrunk almost 4 sizes since January, but the best NSV I've had happened yesterday. I was talking to my hubby on the phone during a break at work and he tells me that I almost didn't make it to work today. What? Why? Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Except, apparently, that the new outfit I had on made him want to send the kids to school and stay (ahem) home all day with me. :blushing:
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mine's a confidence one. Last week on holiday we went out on sea kayaks. I was a bit nervous as had never done it, although have canoed on rivers. Hubby and son were in one, I was on my own in another. Son has autism and he was nervous about getting in I held his kayak while he got in. By the time I'd gone back and got mine into the shallows everyone else was about 15m out (tide was in so very shallow for quite a way). Even though it was not very rough I just couldn't get my head round how I was going to get into the kayak without it tipping over, and the more I thought about it the more freaked I got, and there was no-one nearby. A couple of years ago I would have given up at that point and just said "oh I just decided not to do it" and sat on the shore. I took a deep breath, and shouted to the instructor that I needed a hand. At that moment someone came from the shore to help, and then the instructor came back. I got in and was off.
    So the NSV is that I didn't give up, I asked for help (even though it was a bit embarrassing) and then confessed to the instructor I was nervous. I felt the fear - and then I did it anyway - when in the past I would have given up! I really enjoyed the session after that!

Big accomplishment! - I can definitely relate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!