Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• SteviMcEwan
    Options
    I can now do week 1 of the couch to 5K programme without stopping on the fourth or fifth run due to a stitch in my side. :D
  • faldirallala
    faldirallala Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went to get a new pair of flat ankle boots and saw a beautiful pair of high boots while strolling through the shop. They were only available in normal calf width and I knew there was no point in trying them on because of that. Anyway, I couldn't resist and had to see how far those beauties would zip up - and they fit!!! They now have a new home :happy:
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My NSVs came from Dragon Con over this past Labor Day Weekend.

1. I completely avoided fried foods, hamburgers, and hot dogs. Is it wrong to say I had absolutely no desire to have any of it? I actually ate salmon twice (and boy that was delish!).

2. Instead of watching the Dragon Con parade from the sidelines, I marched in the parade. That was huge for me, knowing I could fit into my Cure Moonlight dress!

3. Did a lot more walking than ever and had lots and lots of water by trying not to use the elevator and escalator very often (win-win as I got the exercise, and those in wheelchairs and/or using canes could use them when necessary).

End result: Instead of gaining weight, I actually lost a pound!

I've already pre-registered for Dragon Con 2014, so I'm already planning way ahead!
  • mkemmc6009
    Options
    My odd little NSV is that my late night craving wasnt the ice cream or cookies that my husband pulled out, but the left over roasted vegetables that I'd made for supper the night before. Yay for healtier food choices!!!
  • caitlinjm74
    caitlinjm74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Someone at my work told me I looked like I'd lost weight :)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Awesome everyone! My NSV of the week was last night being able to do 8 (assisted) chin ups with good form all the way down and back up! When I started I could only do 2 with horrible form and they were a struggle! Time to let out the assist a couple of inches I’m thinking :bigsmile:
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ran my first "Pavement" 5K yesterday!
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    On Wednesday I went to the gym & did 90 lbs on the leg press. Last time I did the leg press I only did 40 lbs.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Mine JUST happen a second ago.

My work is famous for providing its staff with amazing lunch, dinner and snacks. I just got an email that said there were fresh baked cookies in the lounge and I wanted one SO bad. I started to remember that horrible feeling I get whenever I eat gluten. My side starts to hurt, my brain goes foggy and I'm sick for the entire day.

...I picked up my hummus instead!
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My NSV was going on vacation and being able to buy the next size down in my pants so I am now 22lbs down and 1 pant size :D
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Last night, I felt hungry, but realized I was thirsty instead. I had a big glass of water, which satisfied my thirst, and I no longer felt hungry.
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I been working for the past week and have spent 9 hours a day on my feet usually I would have begged them to let me sit in the past but I pushed through the pain and completed all the days.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have successfully done 5 days of workouts this week :laugh: It is the first time in a VERY long time! Over the last 11 months I barely did a workout once a week! Yay me :bigsmile:
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My boys were in an out of state soccer tournament over the holiday weekend - so 4 days on the road, 9 games (one of them won the championship) and living out of a hotel with 3 kids. I ate out every meal (mostly at fast food due to cost of 3 kids), it was 100+ degrees ... and yet I stuck to my food plan and stayed even (I'm maintaining). After 200+ days of this, it is finally becoming habit to wear it is easier to stay on track even when I'm out of my routine. Didn't get in much exercise unless you count chasing kids :), but I got a 7 mile walk in yesterday to help catch up. Oh - and I bought an adult small t-shirt to support my sons CC team (used to by large/medium) and it fits and is even a little big.
  • fletchj2
    fletchj2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Got through day 2 of insanity. :) Considering I never work out this is huge.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    took the stairs at work all week! haven't eaten a meal that i didn't cook for myself all week!
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out but last night after a sensible dinner at home (6oz of new york strip and mixed vegetables) instead of having a cup or bowl of ice cream, i drank 2 glasses of ice water
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My pants are loose, my belt doesn't fit anymore, and I haven't massively overeaten in threeish weeks. Woo! All of that and I'm up in weight O.o Lol
  • tjnewbatt83
    tjnewbatt83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went to a store to try on a dress in the window..it fit and I bought it...as I was changing the shop owner brought me a skirt in a size 8 to try without asking me my size and it fit! Still on my journey but never thought I would see single digits after years of size 16-20. Proud owner of a new dress AND skirt.
  • aladams83
    Options
    Finally realizing that ALL of my size 6 bottoms are too big needing to go buy a smaller size... At my biggest I was a 14/16... I can't believe that I'm now a size 4.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!