Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• sj_1970
    Options
    my pants are looser and I fit comfortably in my smallest bra now.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This may sound silly, but my NSV was being able to walk 2 miles. When I first started, my energy level was non-existant, and any walking exhausted me. I'm started to see a real improvement in energy and strength.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Last week, I put a bag of Cheetos in my cart. After I got everything on my list, I doubled back across the store and put the Cheetos back because I realized I had a cart filled with plenty of other things that would nourish me and not make me feel gross.

Drying off after a shower the other day, I noticed for the first time how toned my back is starting to get.

Today I wore a pair of Gap trouser cut jeans that haven't fit me in at least a year and a half!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have been boxing since Feb 2012. I only go once a week typically, so my learning process and development is slower than some of the otherswho go more regularly . The original instructor left about a year ago, and he returned for a visit this week.

When he saw me, he was clearly surprised by the difference in me. He told me that I was looking really great and more importantly he was totally shocked by the strength and power I had developed while he was away.

He told me that I had one heluva solid hit, and that it was almost frightening.

That totally made my day. :happy:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Biked 29 mi in high heat/humidity with a headwind on Tuesday. My bike is a tank. When I got home, I didn't feel as beat up as I thought I would. :bigsmile:
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I was size 16 and wanted to lose some weight to just be able to zip up size 16 pants. I was pretty desperate.
    Last week I comfortably zipped up size 3 skirt. Couldn't believe it. 14 months later. Pls, don't expect quick weight loss. Give it time.
  • haunstar
    haunstar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ok.
    this has been fun to read, so I am going to add mine-

I have 2:

1- The towel at the gym, you know the one I am talking about- the itty bitty white one... ? I can close it around me!!

2- my smallest pants, are too big.

:)
  • paperpusher3
    paperpusher3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MY NSV this week was resisting buying a candy bar at assorted check-out counters. I wanted it but it wasn't worth the calories to me. :smile:
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I just ran 10 minutes without stopping - the longest I've ran continuously since I was 20! (I'm nearly 31 now.) I'm doing c25k, and am on week 5, day 2. The plan was to run two 8-minute intervals, with walking in between. But, my last workout was shorter intervals and I was struggling and today was HOT, so I didn't think I'd be able to do it. But, after interval one, I felt pretty good. Two minutes into interval two, I accidentally reset my timer, and decided to just go with the new time - meaning that I'd run 10 minutes instead of 8. I'm kinda on top of the world. :)
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mines is going to walmart for new work pants and seeing myself go from literally a size 16 to a 12 comfortably :) this made my whole week
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Bought size 8 jeans today :heart: and did this dance in my head:blushing:

tumblr_mf8v8zUafI1rvwq31o1_500.gif
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    1. Told myself no excuses twice this week and got my *kitten* up to exercise

2. Went to a Zumba class for the first time in a few months. The women did not recognize me, so they didn't say hi. They eventually approached me after the instructor said my name and told me they couldn't tell if it was me or not. And that I looked like I lost a lot of weight and look great!
  • jolieblossom
    Options
    I am starting to notice some definition in my biceps and in my legs!! :):)
  • chubber231
    chubber231 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had to buy smaller belts this week :bigsmile:
  • kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I went out for a road ride on my bike today in really strong winds. I would normally look out the window and make excuses not to go, but I did it and enjoyed it. Shattered now though! But worth it.
  • sweetangel2013
    sweetangel2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My biggest nsv is that my knees no longer hurt when I'm on my feet all day/night for work. I have arthritis in both knees but worse in my left one. Now I can walk 2-3 miles even after working all day/night. (work hours are 12:30am-10am) Couldn't even think of doing that before.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I really wanted ice cream for dessert..but had blueberries instead :)
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    About 1 month after I began dieting, I bought a new belt in a smaller size. I am now having to punch new holes in it to make it hold up my pants :o)
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I tried on my 'goal' pants.. They were from when I was 15 and weighed 120. I tried them on, weighing 130, and omg they fit! I'm afraid they will be too BIG when i hit my goal!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I can take a picture of myself and not feel compelled to do the "skinny arm" pose...and my arm still looks skinny--well, actually muscular. Which is BETTER.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!