Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. I am exhausted haha. I hope I get used to working FT soon.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Finished the grading I brought home. Yay! I may just meet my goal of finishing the rest before the end of the school day tomorrow. :smile:

Thursday Truth:
    Gunner better not get up barking at 4 am like he did last night, or he will be in BIG trouble!! :angry: The only truth here is that I talk a tough game, but he's so darn cute I can never stay angry at him. :blushing:

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/14 F451 stories DONE
    2. 50/73 AP journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Fri--walk gunner
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, The w/e is nearly here and I'm so excited to have a full 4 days off with no set plans. I get to do whatever I want. Doesn't happen very often, usually I'm heading up to help with the grandchildren or they are coming here. Tomorrow is one of my grand-daughters 6th birthday and I would usually be heading up to spend time with her but her other Grandma is driving in and my daughter doesn't have room for both of us so I'll go up in a week or so when I have some more time off. Don't mind as it gives me the w/e to myself.
    I don't really have any truths or confessions as this is my first full week back and I've been pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Haven't been over calories at all and have been drinking all my water. I'm so proud of myself and feeling pretty good about it.
    I'm just so happy to be back with my MFP friends where if I do have problems, I can get advice and encouragement. So keep up the great work my friends.
    I think it was John who mentioned hot air balooning. Its on my bucket list of things I want to do but not until I can safely climb into the basket. Maybe I'll put it on my reward list for when I lose 100 lbs. That would be a great reward don't you think?
    I never realized that down in the states you have to put your weight on your drivers license. What kind of a masochistic &^%$% decided on that detail. We don't do that in Canada. We're much nicer. lol Besides, most of us would be lying about it so whats the point.
    Laurie - glad you got on the treadmill and didn't have problems. I'm not fussy on them myself although I do like the moving walkways at the airports and don't mind escalators.
    Skinny - hope you get all your papers done. God, I'm so glad I became a nurse instead of a teacher. At least when I finish my 12 hours, I dont' bring anything home with me, except maybe a few germs. lol

Okay, have a good end of week and lets drink up our water before the end of the day. Cheers :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I am up early because I have a breakfast date! Someone I met online in the past couple of days - a widower. If we like each other over breakfast we are going to drive to another small town outside Omaha and go antiquing. Naturally, I'm as nervous as a cat ! I spent yesterday coloring my hair then trying to get the excess dye off my ears and neck :blushing: , matching clothes and jewelry, giving myself a pedi, and this am a manicure. All this for a stranger - sheesh!

I didn't even do my squats last night because I had already showered and I didn't want to sweat. Now that's messed up. I am going to have to sit this fellow down and tell him what the priorities are in my life. Dieting is one of them and squats are the other! I hope his priorities are something like spoiling the women in his life and taking exotic trips. :laugh:
  • BarbieLuvsPINK
    Options
    Can I join the group
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. As of this morning, I am down 6 pounds since my "restart" two weeks ago. I got a final push from being sick yesterday -- I had to stay very close to a bathroom all day and pretty much all night last night. Not a great way to lose weight, but it is what it is. My stomach is still a bit woosy, so we'll see what today holds.

Jacob was diagnosed with Sever's Disease...sounds way worse than it actually is. At this age, the growth plate and the heel bone are separate and he's injured the growth plate. Apparently this is fairly common in active kids this age -- some are more prone than others and since his favorite sport is basketball, that means a lot of jumping and slamming on that plate. He gave him some orthodics (only $20 -- yay!!) that have allowed him to put pressure on his heel again. The bad news is it could last up to a year. Basketball might be iffy this year.:brokenheart:

And to finish off the week, Emma got stung by a bee at school yesterday. She walked in the door and announced "worse day ever." After taking a bath and soaking it, she announced she was healed. :flowerforyou: Here's hopin' that's the end of it all for us.

@Robin -- hope your date goes well and if he likes exotic trips (and can afford them), see if he has a brother :laugh:

@kinnurse -- 4 days, no plans? heaven!!

@Karen - congrats on getting through your grading

@laurie -- treadmills get me off balance...I'm that person in the gym that has to hold on to stay upright

@jtconst -- Happy 21st Anniversary (plus 1 day)! And I think there is nothing better than a great thunderstorm (that's one thing I miss about living in a bedroom on the second floor of an old farmhouse -- I could just watch those thunderstorms roll in and enjoy the light show!).

I've decided that for now, I am going to focus on just the eating. While I'm not going to just sit on my butt all day/night, I'm going to see what the day brings. I feel that my evenings change so much that by planning a week out, I'm just setting myself up for failure. I definitely want to get back to a routine, but for now I'm going to really focus on what goes in my mouth.

Lastly, I want to share with you my sister's success story. She has been going so strong lately and I'm so proud of her. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080990-progress-lifting-pics-lots-of-them here's my lifting story

Hope you all have a great day!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Robin~Awesome that you have a breakfast date, have a blast today!

@Karen~You’re really keeping up with that pesky grading so far, awesome! Hate those 4am wake-up calls by our furbabies, Zoe does it to me too – but she’s usually making biscuits on my back or licking my eyelids! She purrs like a freight train too! :laugh:

@Kaye~Sorry to hear about your friends husband, nice of you to make cookies for them. We all have those days where our tracking doesn’t look fantastic, today is a new day!

@tlh~Awesome loss since your restart! Sounds like it’s been a rough week around your house, hope you all have a better ending to the week. :flowerforyou:

I know its Friday but I really wish some cooler temps would find their way to Texas, I’d like to turn off my a/c and open the windows! We are at least a month away from that. Boo! :grumble:

New scale arrived yesterday, it’s pretty cool – measures weight, total body water, total body fat, and total bone weight. Pretty nifty. I need to decide where to keep it so I don’t have to move it, otherwise it will have to be re-calibrated every time I move it. I used it last night, its weight measurements are higher than my regular weight scale – don’t like that, but I’m sure it will even out.

Friday Fitness~It has certainly been an active week and today is no exception. I’m working out with my trainer this afternoon, we usually have a session on Sunday’s but he’s slammed (which makes him grumpy), so we’re meeting today instead – good thing for both of us! We’ll have a 90-minute session instead of the usual 60 – from what he said yesterday running/agility drills outside in this heat that has worn out its welcome. Hopefully my body holds up, these sessions usually leave me exhausted! :yawn: Seeing some friends tomorrow for lunch that I haven’t seen in months – other than that it should be pretty normal.

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training (weights) DONE!
    Monday~Training (running/agility drills) DONE!
    Tueday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Training (weights) DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day DONE!
    Friday~Training (running/agility drills)
    Saturday~Gym, cardio
    Sunday~Gym, cardio

Have a great day!
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great day yesterday...hoping I can keep up the trend...you guys are amazing! Love this thread - thanks for your stories, your words of encouragement...EVERYTHING! Have a great weekend all :)
  • Dreamingwillow
    Options
    Hello. My name is Dawn but my friends call me Willow.

Happy Friday all. I'm a returning to MFP after starting then stopping 50 pounds ago. Now I have 115ish pounds to lose. Been here, done this before. Let's hope I can do it again. Mind if I join your group? It looks like a fun and exciting group. Yesterday was day 3 and it was hard. Today is day 4 and mornings are easy. We'll see how I feel by 4 PM!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and gals. Good news and bad news today. My hubby will be home in about a week. Yep thats the good and bad, lol. I cant wait to see him but the house is nowhere near ready. I am so tired today but drug myself to the grocery store to do the he hates to see money spent on it shopping.. He is a wonderful man but spending money on what I call the behind the scenes food like spices, oils, etc just really irks him. He doesnt cook so doesnt realize how much they are needed. I got some coconut oil for the first time. I have read good things about it and there were two ladies discussing it at the store so I decided it was time to give it a try. I also bought myself of the dear foam soft slippers. I have wanted them for a long time but just never wanted to spend the money and costco had them on sale for a great price. I figure I haven't rewarded myself for quite a while on how well I hav edone so slippers it is:happy: Now comes the fun part. I did good and got the fridge cleaned out really good last big grocery trip so today is the 3 freezers. Yes I have three (dont even get my husband started on that:bigsmile: ).My dad had us living in a lot of out of the way places when we were growing up so I was raised with major stock up mentallity. The thought of extended power outages gives my nightmares at the loss I would have:noway: Not much planned in the fitness department. Just the shopping and cleaning for me today. I dont like going to the gym during tom so generally take that six days and do at home stuff.

Welcome to the new people I saw popping in. You have foun a great group.
    Robin cant wait to hear how your breakfast goes. I hope he is as nice in person as he must have seemed online.
    Kaye we all have cookie meal days. I dont bake a lot anymore because I have self control issues so when I do I am immediatly
    disperrsing the majority out to other households. My dad loves it. Sorry to hear about your friends loss.:flowerforyou:
    Karen you are off to a great start. Every time I type a post and get all the red squiggly lines I think of you and wonder if the English teacher in you kicks in at all when you read these posts:laugh:
    Kah your scale sounds cool but way to complicated for me. It would be like the cell phone I own. A ton of different features but I only use a couple cause it is just to much hassle to learn the rest:tongue:
    For everyone I missed I am happy to see you all doing so well.

Have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    BarbieLuvsPIN - sure you can join our group - you join just by posting to it like you just did - so welcome! Please come back and post as often as you like and say what you feel like saying.

DreamingWillow - welcome to you as well. So you've been through this before - good for you for giving it another shot. You already know what works that's a good start! You'll make some good supportive friends here.

Kaye - sorry for the loss of your friend's husband. Your episode with cookies for lunch sounds "educational" - glad you were able to stay under calories for the day. Bet you don't do that again!

tih - sorry you and your family are having such health problems - hope you're feeling better. WOOT on the weight loss. Glad your son's problem could be fixed with inexpensive orthotics, sorry he might be grounded from sports though.

Kah - where or where to put the scale - ??? the bathroom is the only logical place!
    Enjoy your lunch with friends - if you survive your trainer session!

jtconst - 3 freezers and no generator? I'd be looking for one of them at Costco too! (I bet you do keep an eye out for one, don't cha :wink: ) my gosh woman, you amaze me the amount of work you do! I tip my hat to you! Tell us if you like the coconut oil, I have been thinkiing of trying it myself.

The breakfast date went well and we drove to Walnut Iowa and went antiquing. I fancied a little crystal clock that I wanted to put in my bathroom and he bought it for me! Our personalities were well matched and we got along famously. He is a very jovial, intelligent and well spoken person. I couldn't have dreamed up a nicer person. We are going out again on Sunday for another breakfast and another adventurous drive.
  • nuevaburra
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new and need something or someone to keep me accountable on MFP. I've been on and off this site for a while, but really need to stick to it. I am 3 pounds under 250, a number I never even imagined I would get close to , and I absolutely can't keep gaining weight any more. I want to lose 100 pounds over the next 2 years.

In the short term, I am scheduling a breast reduction this winter, and want to lose as much as possible before that so that my big stomach doesn't look out of proportion to my smaller chest. So that, and wanting to ride my horses, are my major motivations.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Susan- You may want to call
    Apria Branch
    (702) 736-4466 1951 Ramrod Ave, Suite 100
    Henderson, NV 89014-2314
    To see if they have the CPAP piece you need. I know they have a lot of Resptronics stuff. I have never been to the one in Henderson. I used to go to one off Valley View west of Tropicana.
    American Home Patient Inc
    4020 W Ali Baba Ln
    Las Vegas, NV

Tom

Tom - Thank you!! I'll definitely check them out. In Atlanta, I got my machine and supplies directly from the doctor's office. This darn hose should not be that difficult. I'll definitely check these places out. Thanks a bunch!!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!! I can't check in 2 days and you guys are just going strong, which is AWESOME!! For a short week, it has felt sooo long. Week has been good for the most part. I met with the trainer twice since I'm out of town ALL next week. Yes, next week is my business trip to Poultry 101 at the University of Arkansas - Yee Haw! I then have a Butterball plant tour. I leave Monday at 6:00 a.m. and return Friday at 6:30 p.m. It's going to be long. I'm not too worried because I plan to use the hotel gym in the AM, but dinners every night out with my new classmates will be the challenge. I know I can make good choices. I say that after I just ate a STUPID freaking donut. It was really not worth it at all. So mad. Now I'm determined to go home and walk it off.

Have a great weekend ahead!!!

Susan
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin-Glad your date went well and that you are going out again.

Welcome to all the new people. This is a great place to find encouragement and support.

I have a busy weekend planned so hopefully I can control what I eat. Sunday will be the challenge since I have a picnic and my dad's birthday dinner. The good thing is I will hopefully be kayaking before the picnic to burn off some calories. Then maybe a bike ride later in the afternoon if people are up to it.

I did go climbing tonight and it was fun as usual. The gel nail polish that I am using right now did NOT chip- I was totally surprised. Usually rock climbing destroys the polish and the nails, so I guess it will really last for a couple of weeks.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newlings!! :flowerforyou: You've found a wonderfully supportive group!

@susan--good for you for getting in 2 trainer workouts before your trip! I know what you mean about "knowing" what to choose and actually choosing it--I had a day of bad food choices. :ohwell:

@nueva--my heaviest weight was also 247 and I am currently around 185. I'm not finished--would like to at least lose 20 more lbs and then see how I feel.

@robin--glad to hear the date went well! He sounds like a real gentleman buying you that clock. :wink:

@tammy--I actually don't really notice the errors on the forums--or if I do notice, I don't let it bother me. I figure it's like having a conversation, and we rarely use perfect grammar when speaking in person. The one exception is my own posts--when I go back and re-read and see an error in my own posts, it makes me cringe. :grumble: Oh, and I could NEVER keep that much frozen food as our power goes out quite a bit. I can think of at least 3 times we've had no power long enough to lose everything in our fridge/freezer, so we rarely pack either. Good luck with all of the cleaning--tomorrow will be a cleaning day for me as well.

@bj--congrats on getting below your driver's license weight--that's a huge accomplishment. Mine says 160, so I still have about 25 lbs before I'm no longer a big, fat liar. :laugh:

@kelley--glad your scale came. Mine doesn't measure bone weight, but it does all of the others. I've been tracking weight, water, and bf% for the past few days. I would like to do it for a couple of months so I can see the trends. I'm sure it's annoying when zoe wakes you up too, but I've lived with cats and would much prefer making biscuits and purring to what gunner does. He abruptly starts barking as if the house is under attack. Then, when that doesn't induce DH or I to let him outside, he runs around the house squealing and crying like a *kitten*. When he does it while we're awake, it's actually quite amusing. He sounds like he's talking or whining--at times we could swear he's saying "mama!" and once we both distinctly made out "I wanna go out!" :laugh:

@tlh--the food matters so much more than the exercise--I think it's smart to worry about that first.

@charlotte--About the weight on the license--I've often wondered what a Dept. of Motor Vehicles worker would do if someone who was clearly 300 lbs walked in and said "125 lbs" when asked for weight. Would the worker say "Um, no" or make the person get on a scale? As I mentioned to BJ, my license says 160 lbs. This is b/c when I got my learners permit at age 15, that's what I put for my weight (sadly, that means I likely weighed at least 170). I've never changed it. Even when I went in to renew and weighed close to 250 lbs, no one ever made me correct it. The workers ask if you want to change any of the data, but they never told me I had to fix it even though I'm sure they knew I wasn't 160. Kind of makes you wonder what the point is if it isn't even accurate.

Friday Fitness:
    Well I'm pretty happy with my exercise for this past week. I made it to the gym 3 times and also ran outside once. I also continued to focus on arms and core at the gym--my sides have been sore all week from doing Roman sit-ups and hanging crunches. I've also felt it in my triceps, so I know I'm not just phoning it in. :happy: Next week will be more of a challenge b/c I have a meeting, Open House, and a visit to a friend's scheduled. Will try to get 3 gym days in early in the week and may also be able to hit the gym after visiting my friend on Thursday, but we'll see.

Although I've done well with exercise, I had a terrible food day today. It was our all school bbq during lunch periods, which meant a burger for lunch. Not so terrible except it was also our faculty bbq after dinner where I had another burger and indulged in too many sweet treats. Didn't go over terribly--but my macros were pretty crappy. Tomorrow is a new, protein-filled day!

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/14 F451 stories DONE
    2. 73/73 AP journals DONE
    3. x/23 Motif analyses

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
    Mon--walk gunner + gym
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
  • sirtxt
    Options
    Hello from Albuquerque!!!!

It is late Friday night and I have stuck to my program and met my daily goals!!!!
    I want you all to know that while driving around in the car, my dad and sister have been eating Oreo cookies off and on all day.
    I just about lost it. But, I realized I could reward myself with a diet coke - it is a reward to
    me as I have cut my sodas down to only if going out to eat. So I got a Diet coke and it tasted so good
    that I didn't even notice the Oreos. But seriously, eating Oreos in an enclosed space - not fair!!!!
    So, if you see me on the news because I went postal, it is because I didn't have my diet come and they were at the Oreos

We are all going on a hot air balloon ride tomorrow!!!!

Maybe I will throw the damn Oreos off the side of the balloon!!??

Have a Great Saturday!!!

John
  • Eeyeore
    Options
    Playing Catch up - "Cheating on my part"
    But trying to be honest

Thursday - Truth - I ate out with my daughter after her eye exam and shopping for new frames - at CICI's Pizza - BUFFET!!
    Should have stayed away from that!! :sad:

Friday Fitness- (hope I am getting these right--haha) Felt guilty about the pizza and worked my butt off and watched everything that went anywhere near my mouth all day!!

Trying to walk more now that I am tracking with the fitbit and can see how little I really walk compared to the 10,000 steps "they" say we should take a day - but today I made it to 4437 steps!! Whoo Hoo!! New high for me!!

Robin - thank you for your thoughts - I greatly appreciate them. I am so happy for you about your dates and the possiblity of a wonderful "budding" romance - definetly sounds like he is on the right track with the purchase of the clock - HMMMM- "CLOCK" - could that mean he wants to spend more "TIME" WITH YOU?? :wink:

Oh, almost forgot - I actually lost a little over 4 lbs to add to my now total of 15 lb lost - got to get me a tracker I guess.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Zoe got super snuggly last night, it was really funny - she just curled into this little ball in my arms and purred off to to sleep. She slept like that for hours, I guess she needed to feel secure.

@Karen~LOL, poor gunner - he must see bunnies or something out in the yard he needs to chase. :wink:

@John~Good for you! I'm like that with soda's too, I gave them up years ago but every once in a while I need a Diet Dr. Pepper, when I have one I think I have died and gone to Heaven. I've never known anyone to go postal over Oreo's, but there's always a first time! :laugh: Have a super time hot air balloon ride today, I hope the weather is perfect!

@Robin~I'm so glad you hit it off with the new guy yesterday, sounds like you had a great time together. Of course, the bathroom would be the ideal location for the scale but the way my bathroom is shaped I can't leave it out or I'll trip over it - so its tucked in a corner and I have to pull it out. This new scale can't be moved around like that, so right now its in the storage room off the laundry room.

AFM~My body was so tired yesterday, I actually went to bed early. Had outdoor session with trainer yesterday, we opted to skip the running drills but walked and hiked on trails near the gym - it was hot but there was a breeze and we had lots of water and Gatorade G2 (hate that stuff but when you've been sweating and its 100 degrees, its actually refreshing).
  • ElenaM4
    Options
    What nice group. I'm glad to have found you all. I like the idea of making a week's worth of goals and ticking them off as you go. I joined MFP at the end of July and it has been such a great tool. I haven't explored all of the possibilities yet. I am hopeful that I can stop this cycle of losing and regaining large amounts of weights. In the last three years I've lost and regained upwards of 30 lbs TWICE each year - crazy and unhealthy. I'm inspired when I see you all doing exercise and posting successes. I will start with small, consistent goals for September:

Monday 10 minutes of stretching (possibly salsa)
    Tuesday 1/2 hour of biking
    Wednesday 10 minutes of stretching; Salsa
    Thursday 1/2 hour biking
    Friday Salsa

Small change goal: no work/email after 10:00pm