Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Also, when I DID try and eat 1200cal a day, I found that it was a lot easy for me to go over that goal, which in turn resulted in a binge. I'd get so upset that I 'screwed up', that I'd say heck with it and eat whatever I wanted for the rest of that day.

Hmm... that seems to be what I've been doing. I've never been a binge eater until now. Perhaps I should up my calories...
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Also, when I DID try and eat 1200cal a day, I found that it was a lot easy for me to go over that goal, which in turn resulted in a binge. I'd get so upset that I 'screwed up', that I'd say heck with it and eat whatever I wanted for the rest of that day.

Hmm... that seems to be what I've been doing. I've never been a binge eater until now. Perhaps I should up my calories...

If that will help you, like it did me, go for it. What helped me a lot was figuring out how much I can eat to maintain and I just made sure I was under that number. I didn't freak out when I'd go over my goal.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    So I don't know how much I'm gonna lose this week. It's Thursday and there has been no change so far. This week as been wacky tough because of my change in calorie intake and workouts with the P90X, I'm not going to get frustrated though, I took my measurments earlier this week and I'm just going to keep plugging along and stick with it. We'll see what Monday brings.

Jenn - I right there with you, I jumped on the scale this morning and no change so far, however I do notice a difference in my belly and I could see some definition coming back in my arms at the gym at lunch! :)

As Rach mentioned sometimes it takes time for our bodies to adjust to new workouts. The scale may not be changing but our bodies are.

Karen
  • epa422
    Options
    If that will help you, like it did me, go for it. What helped me a lot was figuring out how much I can eat to maintain and I just made sure I was under that number. I didn't freak out when I'd go over my goal.

Did you do that just by calculating your BMR or what?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Well first I used the formula here ( http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/bmr-formula.php ) to figure out my BMR and then use the formula here ( http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/ ) to figure out my daily caloric needs.
  • epa422
    Options
    Well first I used the formula here ( http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/bmr-formula.php ) to figure out my BMR and then use the formula here ( http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/ ) to figure out my daily caloric needs.

Awesome! Thanks!
  • epa422
    Options

Awesome! Thanks!

Update: MFP was remarkably close to the numbers I got; only 10 calories higher. So I just changed my goals on MFP so that I have more calories to eat. It had me at 1230 a day. I was always either way under 1200 or way over. The new number seems much more doable. Thanks again, Rach!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yeah the BMI calculator had me at around 1900 if i wanted to maintain my weight currently so I used their advice about taking 500 calories off so thats were I got my 1400. So on a normal day I range between 1200-1400 calories always making sure I at least hit 1200 calories before workout calories. Before i was always under 1200 and while I was losing weight I buet I was losing muscle as well so I know i"m on the right track.

It will probably take a week or 2 for my weight to start going back down so i'm keeping at it and rolling with the punches. :smile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!

Update: MFP was remarkably close to the numbers I got; only 10 calories higher. So I just changed my goals on MFP so that I have more calories to eat. It had me at 1230 a day. I was always either way under 1200 or way over. The new number seems much more doable. Thanks again, Rach!

No problem! I hope that works better for you, like it did for me! :flowerforyou:
  • epa422
    Options
    Yeah the BMI calculator had me at around 1900 if i wanted to maintain my weight currently so I used their advice about taking 500 calories off so thats were I got my 1400.

That -500 calories was the reason they had me at 1230, but that is an extremely hard number for me to hit and I would always get the "you're not eating enough calories" warning. I wasn't losing a pound a week either. Maybe the 1/2 pound setting will work better for me.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'll try upping my calories to 1400 (am currently on 1200), I'm sure i was losing weight a bit quicker before I started doing it through MFP! Only trouble is I am finding it hard to eat all of my calories, even though I'm having good meals and not cutting back on my usual diet.

Will just have to treat myself to a glass of wine or add a roll to my soup at lunch!

xx
  • misskatieanne
    misskatieanne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, well done to all of you it is so nice to read how motivated everyone is!
    I havent weighed in or been online for a couple of weeks as I have been feeling v under the weather & not even made it to the gym much which is not at all like me. Well all that made sense today when I found out I am pregnant:happy:
    This wasnt planned but will be a much loved addition to our family (I have 3 boys already) although for obvious reasons I dont think I am going to be much help in this group as if i weigh in on here i will feel as though I am negating everyone elses's hard work if that makes sense?
    Obviously I wont be trying to lose any weight now but am keen to make sure i dont balloon so I am going to log in and try and eat sensibly. Am going to have a search through old posts see if I can see any other pregnant ladies who are trying to keep their weight gain to a healthy minimum.
    Thanks to rach & all you guys for having me in the group & i look forward to seeing how well u all continue to do, I'm sure I will be back on track next summer!
    all the best xxx miss katie
  • epa422
    Options
    misskatieanne, there's a Pregnancy Thread on the Motivation & Support Board. It may be a few pages back. Congratulations! I hope some of your fertility rubs off. We've been trying for 9 months with no luck :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Hi all, well done to all of you it is so nice to read how motivated everyone is!
    I havent weighed in or been online for a couple of weeks as I have been feeling v under the weather & not even made it to the gym much which is not at all like me. Well all that made sense today when I found out I am pregnant:happy:
    This wasnt planned but will be a much loved addition to our family (I have 3 boys already) although for obvious reasons I dont think I am going to be much help in this group as if i weigh in on here i will feel as though I am negating everyone elses's hard work if that makes sense?
    Obviously I wont be trying to lose any weight now but am keen to make sure i dont balloon so I am going to log in and try and eat sensibly. Am going to have a search through old posts see if I can see any other pregnant ladies who are trying to keep their weight gain to a healthy minimum.
    Thanks to rach & all you guys for having me in the group & i look forward to seeing how well u all continue to do, I'm sure I will be back on track next summer!
    all the best xxx miss katie

Congrats!!!
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congrats Misskatieanne! hope everything goes well for you.

Well todays my first day upping my calories slightly. Have got a more substantial lunch than I was eating before, so hopefully that will do the trick! Def don't think I've lost anything this week, but on the plus side I can fit back into my Uni jeans, which I haven't been able to wear for about 3 years :smile:
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    Feels like this week just started and we already have 3 days before weigh in day! =) I hope everyone is having a good workout week!!!!

My days are going to start to get very busy so I may not post as much (college classes started for me on wednesday - taking two classes, Intro to business and intro to life science- luckily I attend an online college so I can still stay on track with my workouts! lol)

The countdown to Halloween is on!!! Have you ladies got your motivation costume yet?!?! LOL My mom is willing to watch my girls on Oct 30th so my hubs and I can go clubbing w/ friends. Of course there will be costume contests =) In two weeks though I may have to wear my costume. My friend is having a costume party for her daughter's b-day party and she hasn't mention yet if she would like for the adults to dress up too.

Than about a month and a few days, my husband and I get to go away for a weekend - going to Nashville for a FL Gator game. So exciting cause by than I should def be in the 140's!!!
  • JennS19
    Options
    So my scale finally started to go down this morning! Hopefully I can keep the weight off for Monday's WI. Taking a breather tonight so my foot can heal a bit more, but tomorrow I'm back at it with Legs and Back!!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Here's the pics of the shirt that I can button around my upper arms now!!! :)

You can't tell so much in the body, but you can in the face! Little victories.

shirt.jpg
  • JennS19
    Options
    Rach you look great!! Yep you can definitely see it in your face but I can also tell the difference in your arms! WTG woman!!!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Looking good Rach!!

Forgot to share this yesterday, I went grocery shopping and I bumped into a friend and she was like "Wow, you are looking skinny girl, I can't stop looking at you cause I can't believe how skinny you are!"

My mom also told me that once I hit my goal that her boyfriend..well now new husband would like to cover my shopping spree =) It's suppose to be a surprise though lol