MizTerry
MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
If you have, what for?

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    A few of times.

2 or 3 for car accidents that I saw happen and one time when there were two kids drag racing right towards me on my street. Oh, and one time several years ago when I got home from work around 2 AM and there was a group of teenagers creeping around the next door neighbor's house.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I've prank called it many times.

I've called it for serious reasons twice. Once was on New Years Eve when I found a guy throwing up foam outside of the bar. The second time was when I found a 3 year old crossing a four way intersection by himself.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    "9-1-1 is a joke"
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Nope, I can never remember the number.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Oh and there was that one time when McDonalds forgot one of my Chicken Nuggets. :explode:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Truck and trailer stolen from a boat ramp. It took 2 calls to the non-emergency sheriff's office and 2 to 911 for someone to pick up (I tried NOT to call 911).

Also the county sheriff's office did not know where the lake's largest public boat ramp (that's at the end of a fairly large farm road here in Texas) was and I had to sound very patronizing giving directions.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've called several times for various reasons.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yes I have several times for various reasons.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes... After saving a drowning child and then he went into shock along with a seizure....and poison control after my son ate a glow stick!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    wow. some ppl lead sheltered lives
    yes I've called 911
    I've been arrested and jailed
    I kissed girls
    I've done drugs, sex, rock & roll
    life is for LIVING - it's not a spectator sport
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Yes, It's not fun. I came home from visiting my daughter who had just had a baby 2 days before, to find my mother (who was living with me at the time) laying on the kitchen floor, unable to get up, unable to speak. She had suffered a major stroke. This was the worst day of my life, I think. Flash forward a year and a half, Mom still barely speaks and has no use of her right arm and right leg. She is wheelchair bound and living in a nursing home. I visit her 3 days a week.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I've called a couple times for car accidents. I called one time because it looked like an elderly person in a car at a stop light was dead. It turned out they had fallen asleep at the wheel. Most recently I called because a neighbor's allegedly abusive husband was yelling and banging on the door fairly late at night. He busted through right as dispatch answered so I was able to tell the woman the cops were on the way right as she ran outside with her kids. That encouraged the hubby to take off.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    There was one time I asked, "What number do I call?"

In my defense, we were out of town and I didn't realize my cell phone would call the local dispatch (before all these crazy new smart phones with GPS and stuff). My thought process was to call the local police station.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yes. Once when some guy was getting the crap beat out of him outside my bedroom window at 2 am.

The other time was for my daughter (who was 4 at the time) when she had suddenly spiked a dangerously high fever and was having trouble breathing.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I called 911 when my son had a seizure, when my ex-husband was aspirating from alcohol poisoning and a domestic against my ex-husband.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Yes. A couple of traffic accidents, once when I thought there was a burglar in my house, and the scary time when I had to call for my mom, who got really REALLY sick after being released from the hospital after a surgical procedure.

ETA: Oh, and the one time that was just in May when my next door neighbor dropped a car on his bare foot. I can't believe I almost forgot that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    wow. some ppl lead sheltered lives
    yes I've called 911
    I've been arrested and jailed
    I kissed girls
    I've done drugs, sex, rock & roll
    life is for LIVING - it's not a spectator sport

I have not been arrested or jailed, done drugs or kissed a girl. I don't feel like I haven't lived life.

(I also wouldn't be bragging about being put in jail.)
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I've prank called it many times.

Why on earth would someone do something like that? :huh:

You do realize you can get fined and/or arrested for that, right?
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    With my brother yes.

We were driving home and we saw a woman waiting to cross the street near my house. She was wearing a white dress soaked in blood and I thought "Huh, why is she by herself in a Halloween costume?" Then I realized it was early august.

Turns out her husband stabbed her several times in the chest. She recovered and come actual Halloween came to my house with her son trick-or-treating.
  • MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, twice. First time was for my 2-year old daughter who stopped breathing and then started have a seizure. (VERY scary!) Second was for my son, two years later when he was 2, who had a febrile seizure. (Not nearly as scary as not breathing!) Both times the 911 operator was very kind and helpful. Both times we needed an ambulance. Both times the EMTs were awesome. But it wouldn't bother me a bit to never have to do it again though.